What Bbs do You Use?

TommoThomson

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been playing for a while now, but was wondering if anyone has really seen any major difference in the BB manufacturers goods? 

For myself I've only used Tippmann BBs, which is what I can buy at the site I go to. 

I've heard people say Nuprol Razor are great, but I can't really find any information to back this up online. 

So thought I would ask, as I know that in paintball there is a difference in what you use and it's noticeable. 

However in airsoft I'm wondering if there is any difference, provided of course you are using a big brand name. 

I tend to default to Geoffs bio's , I like their .4 's in my L96 and tend to use their .25's across my AEG's  . Quality seems decent and I get consistant performance from them.

I used to use ASG blasters and they were a decent brand,  but i have now switched to Valkyrie bbs,  they arent a big name brand, and are fairly new on the market, but their quality is excellent and i found that they outperformed the ASGs..  they were also a little cheaper than the ASGs too.

If you want to try them yourself, i buy all my supplies from only airsoft in stevenage,  but Valkyrie also sell direct, and also offer a "magee bagee" to trial them.  You get a midcaps worth of bbs, and they only ask £1 to cover postage.  https://www.valkyrieairsoft.co.uk/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw2or8BRCNARIsAC_ppyYThsAMDxLe5xe8F5jSrj9UY9cI3R-wFGTk-1elnN3lVcJ4Zqnw9Q0aAgowEALw_wcB

(No, im not affiliated with valkyrie, im just a player that has found their product to be the best i have used)

• Supporters

Whatever's cheap and available.  What with brands switching OEMs, and OEMs pouring whatever random plastic and aggregate they feel like into their pots from one batch to the next, I don't assume anything like consistency regardless of the label on the bag or bottle.

ASG Blasters, for example, seem prone to go through batches of brittle shattering BBs, then they're fine again for a while.  I'd be astonished if they're the only brand using the BBs from that OEM.

These days it's G&G and ASG devil blasters. Also picked up some open blasters in heavier weight. Haven't used them yet.

Geoffs are also a good option. Had feeding issues with one of my guns on Swiss Arms BBs. Tried the Geoffs and fed perfectly. 

I've used all sorts over the years never had issues with any. Years ago I bought one of the big sacks of 0.25g gunfire rockets and they covered me for a long time. Loads of people had issues with them a while after I got that sack. The zero1 ammo was another never had issues myself but a lot did. As said can be luck of the draw sometimes with the batch.

I've used a few brands trying to find ones with good consistency

I've experienced the same as @Rogerborg with shattering blaster bbs, outdoors I've used lancer bio bbs and they've seemed quite good for the price (£12.99 for 5100 0.25s)

indoors I've used geoffs, nuprol and asg

mostly I would recommend the nuprol RZR as they seem to have been the most consistent on testing at home

I know nuprol get hate but it's my opinion on testing :D

• Supporters

Used to use laser dots for ages until feeding issues on me jg aksu led me to try different ammo in desperation.

Tried geoffs, which immediatly turned a misfeeding mess into an evil little gat and i've used them exclusively ever since.

Nuprol RZR don’t work well in a GBBR. Mine shattered in my MWS and caused all manner of headache. A jam, a ripped rubber and a buggered up nozzle. For a GBBR use a higher quality and stronger bb such as Geoffs’s or G&G. Conversely, the RZR’s work beautifully in my recoils.

Generally speaking, Geoff’s are all the rage. They work flawlessly in my recoils and also the GBBR  They are a tad on the pricey side though. 

4 hours ago, strykerles said:

I took up the valkyrie offer too :D

I did mine earlier 😂

4 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Nuprol RZR don’t work well in a GBBR. Mine shattered in my MWS and caused all manner of headache. A jam, a ripped rubber and a buggered up nozzle. For a GBBR use a higher quality and stronger bb such as Geoffs’s or G&G. Conversely, the RZR’s work beautifully in my recoils.

Generally speaking, Geoff’s are all the rage. They work flawlessly in my recoils and also the GBBR  They are a tad on the pricey side though. 

I'm using AEG, so should be ok but will also bare that in mind

ZeroOne bb's I had feeding issues with, the ASG blasters, like has been said, shatter ever do often so I stopped buying them. Guarderbb's I used for a good few months with no problems, however few places sold them at the time and shipping was not the cheapest if all I wanted/needed was bbs. Nuprol RZR were ok (possibly a few feed issues, but I dislike bb's in bottles. I prefer pouches/bags. 
Been using G&G .25's for ages now without any issues, price is good and I can get them delivered cheaply, especially as there is a local group f us using them so we order them all together. Can't see me changing from them to be honest.

Ive been using devil blaster for the longest time and I've never had any issues with them and consistency down range has been great. I also used geoffs tracer .3 recently and they ran well too matching the .3 devils in a tracer salad mix.

I've used nuprol rzr bbs for indoor, as it was indoor site and they had limits on weights, so in had to used what they sold on site but they weren't bad.

G&Gs only pretty much as they are much harder I find and as a GBBR player its really important.  ASG are too soft and fuck up the insides and I won't touch anything Nuprol on principle.  Geoffs are good but I think G&G are better.

I typically use Geoffs or BLS and they're great. I've also had good experiences with ASG, it just so happens that my local site stocks Geoffs, which are my preferred brand of BBs for my snipers (.48s), AEGs (.32s or .4s) and pistols (.25s or .32s)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.