First and Only - the Mill

RonLancs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My regular site. Unfortunately first time rentals aren’t taking hits, blind firing.. the usual for a rental however after the 2nd warning people usually get the message and play the game with some integrity. On this occasion unfortunately this was not the case. 

For the first time I’ve had to rage quit due to the fact of me loosing my shit and nearly being one of those c**** who take it way too seriously. 

It was the 2nd game... A true shame and a waste of 20£. 

The Marshall's are doing what they can and have even called in for support from another site. I’m teetering on whether or not to go back there. 

• RonLancs changed the title to First and Only - the Mill
19 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

rentals you can kind of forgive a bit.

it's when you get the experienced players pulling the same shenanigans that losing one's shit is on the cards.

Aye, there was one regular of whom the rentals were with. To be fair to him he seemed to play the game however the G36C’s and the combat machines were having none of it. Definitely put me off from going for a while. Back in the day of old (a year ago) that particular site would not have stood for such behaviour but they seemed to carry on *+ they appeared to be new staff as oppose to pre-COVID.

Just now, RonLancs said:

Aye, there was one regular of whom the rentals were with. To be fair to him he seemed to play the game however the G36C’s and the combat machines were having none of it. Definitely put me off from going for a while. Back in the day of old (a year ago) that particular site would not have stood for such behaviour but they seemed to carry on *+ they appeared to be new staff as oppose to pre-COVID.

Oh there was even a full auto incident from one of them. Directly into a teammates inner thigh which didn’t go down well as you can imagine. 

• Supporters

i have noticed there does seem to be a drop in the general standard of play since covid, wonder if folk are just venting their frustrations on the field.

it does suck when you get a bad day, but what matters is the average, any site can have a really shitty day but as long as they're the exception not the norm then it's manageable.

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i have noticed there does seem to be a drop in the general standard of play since covid, wonder if folk are just venting their frustrations on the field.

it does suck when you get a bad day, but what matters is the average, any site can have a really shitty day but as long as they're the exception not the norm then it's manageable.

Indeed. I wouldn’t have even written a post today should it have been the normal, average day at the Mill. The only thing that would have been salty is the sweat in my stash. 

I feel better now I’ve had a winge, nicotine and nursed my welts in spoons. 

I had a similar experience on my last (and first) trip there back in March. That combined with my general preference to woodland has seen me not return. I could just have been unfortunate with my CQB days but I find non-hit taking much more frustrating in that environment. When you're that close to each other I find it much harder to brush off than when you're shooting from a decent distance.

I've enjoyed F&O sites for the most part (bar the 3 hour long briefings at Anzio), but the standard of marshalling feels like it's been below what it was since service was resumed during lockdown. Always good have a good vent and get it out of your system, fair play for calling it a day rather than lashing out. It's a shame the staff couldn't resolve it, for me personally that'd be the biggest point of consideration on whether to return in the near future or not.

7 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

I had a similar experience on my last (and first) trip there back in March. That combined with my general preference to woodland has seen me not return. I could just have been unfortunate with my CQB days but I find non-hit taking much more frustrating in that environment. When you're that close to each other I find it much harder to brush off than when you're shooting from a decent distance.

I've enjoyed F&O sites for the most part (bar the 3 hour long briefings at Anzio), but the standard of marshalling feels like it's been below what it was since service was resumed during lockdown. Always good have a good vent and get it out of your system, fair play for calling it a day rather than lashing out. It's a shame the staff couldn't resolve it, for me personally that'd be the biggest point of consideration on whether to return in the near future or not.

It’s a good site and when you get the regulars you can have a really good time. I just feel like the Marshall's were intimidated by the group and therefore their warning fell on deaf Eastern European ears. I think they did what they could barring becoming bouncers. 

Im just a disgruntled customer at the end of the day. Just mag dumped 3 mid caps into my garage and now I’m feeling better. 

PS: really impressed with the CM.045a’s performance cracking little rifle. 

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

It’s a good site and when you get the regulars you can have a really good time. I just feel like the Marshall's were intimidated by the group and therefore their warning fell on deaf Eastern European ears. I think they did what they could barring becoming bouncers. 

it can happen, seems to be a bit more common with covid, i'm normally a foresty kinda guy and i've noticed there are more indoor players coming outside due to the indoor sites staying closed, of course folks tend to bring their normal play styles with them and unfortunately that can include bad habits picked up from their regular sites.

9 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

really can't knock the cyma/jg ak lines, they really punch above their price bracket when it comes to performance.

11 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

Im just a disgruntled customer at the end of the day. Just mag dumped 3 mid caps into my garage and now I’m feeling better. 

It'll always come down to your personal feelings on the matter. When folks are carrying around RIFs capable of doing some decent damage up close that aren't listening to instructions I'd rather they became bouncers than shrug, say "Well I tried." and let it continue.

11 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it can happen, seems to be a bit more common with covid, i'm normally a foresty kinda guy and i've noticed there are more indoor players coming outside due to the indoor sites staying closed, of course folks tend to bring their normal play styles with them and unfortunately that can include bad habits picked up from their regular sites.

really can't knock the cyma/jg ak lines, they really punch above their price bracket when it comes to performance.

I was a woodlander too. I think I enjoy the CQB sites due to my new found timber I’ve piled on over the last couple of years. To the CYMA AK - really impressed. I’ve owned 4 rifs all more expensive than it and it out performs all of them. 

11 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

It'll always come down to your personal feelings on the matter. When folks are carrying around RIFs capable of doing some decent damage up close that aren't listening to instructions I'd rather they became bouncers than shrug, say "Well I tried." and let it continue.

I agree completely. I was asked politely to “cool off” which has never happened to me as I’m a patient dude. I don’t wanna ruin anyone’s day and we had new guys on our team too I didn’t want to give them a bad impression so I left. 

With regards to the bouncer comment I think even if they did want to invite them to leave it could’ve got out of hand. I observed social distancing throughout my 55 minute stay but I could smell last nights sesh on the what I believe to be stag do. 

I wished I’d stayed just to see how the Marshall’s handled it. If any yellows who were at today’s game pipe up and let me know please. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.