Airsoft Competitions!

snuff

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I entered a competition for todays draw at 1pm for a Mavic drone.When I checked this morning 63 tickets had been sold.I've sat down to watch the live draw to find it's been changed to 5.30 pm...☹️.Is this allowing for mores sales?MMM so it begins.A tad underhand to boost sales when it looked so good.

12 minutes ago, snuff said:

I entered a competition for todays draw at 1pm for a Mavic drone.When I checked this morning 63 tickets had been sold.I've sat down to watch the live draw to find it's been changed to 5.30 pm...☹️.Is this allowing for mores sales?MMM so it begins.A tad underhand to boost sales when it looked so good.

Where was this?

Is it a genuine ‘competition’ or a sale disguised as a raffle - which has questionable legality under gambling regulations, for the possible problems you’re highlighting 

This is their first Wednesday draw, they normally draw on a Sunday lunch, so that people at a game day can tune in. I don't recall seeing anywhere that this Wednesday draw was scheduled at 1, all their promotional stuff (Facebook, Instagram, Etc), has shown it as being this evening.

11 minutes ago, snuff said:

Airsoft competitions,the logo above the froum browse option.

That’s a banner advert, so the level of involvement or endorsement by the forum may vary.

From what they (Currently) have on the page it closes when the maximum tickets are sold, and is drawn later this evening

In reality its a sale, managed as a ‘prize draw’ with ‘no purchase necessary’ in the footnotes.

With 75 tickets at £5.99 they have just short of £450 for a £350 drone, and £599 if all tickets are sold

I also watch the Sunday draws but this was originally 1pm,when I purchased my ticket.

7 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

That’s a banner advert, so the level of involvement or endorsement by the forum may vary.

From what they (Currently) have on the page it closes when the maximum tickets are sold, and is drawn later this evening

In reality its a sale, managed as a ‘prize draw’ with ‘no purchase necessary’ in the footnotes.

With 75 tickets at £5.99 they have just short of £450 for a £350 drone, and £599 if all tickets are sold

It also states the draw will take place wether it sells out or not.My issue is that they moved the draw time.

aassa.PNG

Exatly Tommikka,noone minds them making money but this goes beyond that doesn't it?This morning at 63 (when I checked) they still would've recovered their money.

Saw this advertised heavily at airsoft plantation, not sure if it’s linked to them.

I wondered at the time what this may be and assumed it was a league of some kind with a big prize at the end, this clarifies it somewhat!

Sounds very similar to that best of the best thing you see at airports where you play to win a car, not sure if I’d ever get involved with any of that. 

1 hour ago, DukeNotix said:

This is their first Wednesday draw, they normally draw on a Sunday lunch, so that people at a game day can tune in. I don't recall seeing anywhere that this Wednesday draw was scheduled at 1, all their promotional stuff (Facebook, Instagram, Etc), has shown it as being this evening.

This is what you get when you enter.Date,time etc,that is what I was going by.

dddddd.PNG

16 minutes ago, Dogsbody100 said:

Saw this advertised heavily at airsoft plantation, not sure if it’s linked to them.

I wondered at the time what this may be and assumed it was a league of some kind with a big prize at the end, this clarifies it somewhat!

Sounds very similar to that best of the best thing you see at airports where you play to win a car, not sure if I’d ever get involved with any of that. 

It seems ok just an unfortunate event looking a bit like a scam.

Agreed, I wouldn’t go as far as a scam either it certainly presents as above board just not my bag thats all, odds are just a tad too steep here but then ain’t they all! 

It looks fine but the odd glitch like this will always send ripples especially through a community such as this.The way it is handled will always be subject to scrutiny.

I think I might have a punt,risk a  few shillings.

You never know🤞

I've entered a handful of times and sadly not been lucky. 

The final straw was when i didn't win the Krytac Kriss Vector, I got the hump, had a hissy fit and un-liked the page*

*Will no doubt re-like the page and stop being a tart very soon ☺☺ 

31 minutes ago, Shamal said:

I think I might have a punt,risk a  few shillings.

You never know🤞

Exactly my attitude, ending up winning 3 times. So definitely not a scam for those worried.

6 minutes ago, DukeNotix said:

Exactly my attitude, ending up winning 3 times. So definitely not a scam for those worried.

Crikey! Three times? Not related to anyone there are you? Lol

😉

Regards 

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely not a scam as I've won 4 times from them so far 8-)

L86a2

M&P 9L (brilliant pistol)

TM Glock 17 V3

Umarex G3 GBB

Sometimes the draws can be 15-30 mins late on a Saturday as they also run Airsoft Plantation games and do the draw during the Lunch break

I'm not affiliated in any way with them, never played at AP or shopped at ROE airsoft. But prizes have been shipped within 3 days normally and its all above board and legit

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, MadMole said:

Definitely not a scam as I've won 4 times from them so far 8-)

Hardly seems worth it if you and @DukeNotix are winning everything. :P

"The draw is done live on Facebook using a random number generator to determine the winner."

A pseudo-random number generator.  Maybe needs more random and less pseudo. Did they get the Bonking Boffin at UCL to model the winning number? ;)

Really though, that's good to hear, and I'm half minded to sling some money at them simply because they're supporting AFUK.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.