So. Real or Not

djben9

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

calm down guys. I think we can all agree that i was absolutely right, first time? Turns out if you squint at magazines and tyre barricades, or apply common sense, you miss important stuff. Like it obviously being a real gun, of which no airsoft replica exists :lol::lol:

2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

I echo what Tackle says.  Anyone with a constant need to seek the verification of others via posts on Instagram with #lookatmebeingallheroic is a bellend.  Some of us deploy and say fuck all and expect fuck all.  This modern need to display your whole life on social media is sad.  Thats why hes a bellend.  Being military, I don't like walting showoffs.  But hey, opinions etc.

Jesus, even Obi Wan Nairobi has an Instagram account now. Is he a Walt?

15 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

He retired, then decided he could monetise his notoriety. And why not, god (as we’re calling on deities) knows he won’t have been paid much for his service.

9 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

He retired, then decided he could monetise his notoriety. And why not, god (as we’re calling on deities) knows he won’t have been paid much for his service.

Oh, I completely agree.

But by the logic of some in this thread, any attempt to show their service on social media results in them becoming ‘Walting bellends’. 

And Obi Wan has proven that he’s anything but, IMO.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

I agree, & why not, in some ways he's earned it, so write a book, maybe move in to film, good luck to him.

But plastering yourself all over (anti) social media, with heroic "look at me" hashtags, that's just singing your own praises, your just one step away from turning in to Smashy & Nicey

3n51rx.jpg

14 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

The point has gone whizzing over your head.  This fella wasn't 'deployed' as military looking at his Instagram.  #everythinglookatme is virtue signalling of the highest degree that is distasteful. 

Who is Obi Wan Nairobi? Sorry not active on Instagram or Twitter *Edit ahh SAS bloke...ok well I don't think you can apply the same argument to someone who was out doing their job and was photographed doing so, to some knob on Instagram who posts photos of themselves*

You won't find ANY photos taken of me whilst in service (mainly cos you get crated).  I guess its a generational thing.  Sub 30s put their lives on the internet, us slightly older folk don't.  

9 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

The point has gone whizzing over your head.  This fella wasn't 'deployed' as military looking at his Instagram.  #everythinglookatme is virtue signalling of the highest degree that is distasteful.

Your point hasn't been lost on me. My point is that there are dozens, if not hundreds of ex-forces dudes worldwide that are posting this kind of stuff on social media day in, day out. Times have moved on, even if you have not. You don't know the background of this particular guy either, he could be ex-Slovakian 5th Special Forces regiment for all we know.

Your point about taking pictures is an odd one. Take the photo yourself then you are a knob for posting it? But if the camera is in someone else's hands, and you post the pics (like the SAS dude) it's ok? Or are they all walting bellends?

Anyway, I think I've said enough, consider the above rhetorical - I don't think we'll ever agree on the subject.

TTFN

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
9 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Sub 30s put their lives on the internet, us slightly older folk don't.  

The Future Is Now, Old Man [template] | The Future Is Now, Old Man | Know  Your Meme

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.