Looking for a Shooting Range

Nobody0212

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good morning, I live in London and I’m trying to find an  ‘airsoft friendly’ place where I can train someone in basic target shooting, weapon safety and basic drills; or in other words, a shooting range (proper or improvised).

I have tried the official airsoft places but they want me to do a ‘walk-on’ and things like that, not exactly what I’m looking for (in terms of safety, installations and cost).

I was wondering if anyone in the London area (or within an hour driving range) can recommend a place where an instructor can train someone safely and lawfully.

Thanks in advance!

Most airgun clubs aren't very Airsoft friendly, there used to be 'the Range' on Edgware road but that looks to have gone. 

Best thing to do would probably be to hang a sheet in a hallway or large room and use that as a backstop. 

Or alternatively book a hotel room and go for a day at the Greyhound in Coventry, Airsoft friendly and they have a decent pistol range with pulleys etc. 

1 minute ago, Schnakey said:

Most airgun clubs aren't very Airsoft friendly, there used to be 'the Range' on Edgware road but that looks to have gone. 

Best thing to do would probably be to hang a sheet in a hallway or large room and use that as a backstop. 

Or alternatively book a hotel room and go for a day at the Greyhound in Coventry, Airsoft friendly and they have a decent pistol range with pulleys etc. 

Thanks for the reply, I'll look into this info.

Honestly, I'm surprised that a country like this, with such a history for Airsoft, doesn't have training facilities. Imagine football in a country without grassroots football.

8 minutes ago, Nobody0212 said:

Honestly, I'm surprised that a country like this, with such a history for Airsoft, doesn't have training facilities. Imagine football in a country without grassroots football.

Remember, we also have some of the strictest firearms laws in the world.

If you're willing to drive, Secure Command and Control is great, but it would be a bit of a drive down to the Brighton and Hove area.

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Nobody0212 said:

I'm surprised that a country like this, with such a history for Airsoft, doesn't have training facilities

Bear in mind that the "training" for rentals consists of being handed a plastic gun and told which is the pointy end.  As long as everyone's wearing eyepro, the worst case scenario isn't so bad.

1 minute ago, Rogerborg said:

Bear in mind that the "training" for rentals consists of being handed a plastic gun and told which is the pointy end.  As long as everyone's wearing eyepro, the worst case scenario isn't so bad.

I understand. For me training is more like this (grip, draw, aim, shoot):

I can't do this in a walk-on. All I need is a space of about 10 yards, for pistol (and some extra room to place a camera or two). A place for rifle drills is going to be very hard to find, but I will figure that later in the spring.

4 hours ago, Nobody0212 said:

I understand. For me training is more like this (grip, draw, aim, shoot):

I can't do this in a walk-on. All I need is a space of about 10 yards, for pistol (and some extra room to place a camera or two). A place for rifle drills is going to be very hard to find, but I will figure that later in the spring.

I told you, ring MPA

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

I told you, ring MPA

I'm looking at it, and it seems ok but pretty far. The facilities look amazing though. However, is not about facilities. look for instance Josef Mucha, from Novritsch. He doesn't have interactive targets or anything like it. He's got just a tripod with a piece of paper. However he is comfortable there. I don't see a lot of room in MPA.

I live in London too, there are many advantages to doing so, but there are many disadvantages too. If you want to live in London, and play with toy guns, sometimes you may have to travel more than the 45 mins or so it takes to get from Liverpool Street to Hockley. Sorry!!!!!!!! 

On 07/10/2020 at 09:43, Nobody0212 said:

. Imagine football in a country without grassroots football.

MMM no football, if only 

3 hours ago, Nobody0212 said:

Car park it is then 😨

It's going to be cold

Do you mean public car park?

If you do then I wouldn't recommend it. It wont be cold in a police cell lol.

Regards 

11 hours ago, Nobody0212 said:

facepalm.gif.da90b5aebf124738723e3f61ad55da34.gif

Not even answering this...

Ok fair enough but felt question had to be asked cause there are some knobbers out there that would use car park for practice.

👍

Regards 

11 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

That's not particularly re-assuring.

Not many people have access to their own private car park.

I'm a little confused as to what car park.its the depletion of millions of Brain cells which cause my confusion you know. 

That and being naturally simple! ☹🤭

Regards 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Schnakey said:

I assume he means to pick up his car and go out of London.

I assume he means he's intending to go to some retail park at midnight and practice his operator transitions and courses of fire until an armed response unit turns up and we get to shake our heads sadly in the News section.

On 07/10/2020 at 09:36, Schnakey said:

go for a day at the Greyhound in Coventry

The Greyhound is bookings only ATM. I went in last week, There is a number on the Facebook page that is up to date.

Covid means they have to use social distance on the range so places are reduced, I didn't ask about the coffee/tea as I only went in to charge my air rifle bottles.

check out Dogtag Airsoft, Faygate (near Gatwick) drop them a message about popping down and using their range, or have a chat with DriverWood - Crawley they also have a range and allow people to use them.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.