Extended Glock Magazine - How to Remove Base Plate Where the O-ring Sits?

ziCk_

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’ve recently bought Vorsk extended Glock magazine and forgot to fill it up after last game, now it leaks on the bottom. Filling valve seems to be airtight, but gas clearly leaks around the base plate. The problem is I don’t know how exactly to remove it... short Glock magazines have screw at the bottom but this extended one has no screws at all around the bottom. Any ideas?

A254E555-08D6-4211-AF3F-1532D40C3045.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

pins in the side?

No wonder it fucking leaks... who thought of this marvelous design O.O

Anyway, half and hour later and holy shit putting it back together was nearly impossible... like, getting one pin back in was a challenge, but second one all the way through? No amount of force allowed me to perfectly line it up... had to hammer it down. 

As for a leak it's way better than it was after oiling o-ring but there's still very miniscule leak seeping through... I'm not screwing with it anymore today.

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

yep, welcome to airsoft design philisophy- if it works long enough for us to get out of a warrenty claim then it's fine.

I wonder if gasket maker would permanently fix it or wouldn’t stand the pressure...

1 hour ago, ziCk_ said:

Vorsk

Here’s your problem. Unfortunately for you, no amount of Jigging about will get around the basic flaws.

If you want a “bodge” fix, get some oil resistant silicon sealant and use it to replace the original o-ring, allow to go off for a day and never open the magazine again 

16 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Here’s your problem. Unfortunately for you, no amount of Jigging about will get around the basic flaws.

If you want a “bodge” fix, get some oil resistant silicon sealant and use it to replace the original o-ring, allow to go off for a day and never open the magazine again 

This ^^^

Used to do this to the old TM MK23 mags before even fielding them as they were so unreliable.

17 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

+2.

Did this for all my WE MP5 mags. Well worth it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.