Bb Gun Bullet Size

Bielanskiii

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

.22 and .177 are airgun pellet sizes

BB gun was a common name in the US for airguns, partly because in the UK we tended to go for shaped pellets and less so for metal Ball Bearing pellets

Airsoft guns are designed for 6mm plastic BBs

If your gun is .22 then it’s an airgun, but if it is an airsoft gun and you just think it looks like .22 then it could look similar in size

At best a .177 pellet will fall out of the barrel, at worst you jam things up and damage the barrel etc 

Firstly most 4.5mm BBs are steel right? i wouldn't put one of those down your AEG barrel at any speed - could scratch it up something nasty.

If you did, most of the air would just escape through the 6mm bore resulting in probably sub 50fps.
Also your hob rubber would not hold the bb in place - it would just role down the barrel.

I wouldn't bother mate.

2 minutes ago, Zarrin said:

Firstly most 4.5mm BBs are steel right? i wouldn't put one of those down your AEG barrel at any speed - could scratch it up something nasty.

If you did, most of the air would just escape through the 6mm bore resulting in probably sub 50fps.
Also your hob rubber would not hold the bb in place - it would just role down the barrel.

I wouldn't bother mate.

Alright, thank you.

DON'T PUT THEM IN!

As said, they won't fire properly anyway.

But worst case they can actually fit inside some feed nozzles right into the piston tube.  That could seriously damage the piston head.

Would you put diesel in a petrol car? 🤣

At best they would be crap performance, worst it would do some serious damage to your airsoft gun.

47 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

Would you put diesel in a petrol car? 🤣

Yes I have. And It went great...for a while!

Lol

👍

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.