Airsoft Optics on Gbbr, Reliability?

Maligator

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Got a surprise for my birthday and now have an MP7 GBBR

I want to set it up with an aimpoint style reflex/RDS scope. 

I am looking at the Nuprol HD1 or the ACM M2 from boomarms. 

Question is, are they any good on a GBBR? Will the kick mess up the sight? 

What a lovely surprise!

Really depends on the quality of the optic. Obviously those such as Vortex are designed for real firearms, so won't be de-zeroed (if that's a word) by the recoil of an airsoft gun. The £20 Ali Express ones are unlikely to hold-up as well though. 

It’s very hit & miss with Chinese optics. Don’t pay over the odds, you can buy extremely nice clones on Aliexpress. 

As well as holding zero, you also need a sight with the lowest possible parallax error. This is a Sig Sauer Romeo4C clone that is as good as both the genuine Sig sights I owned ( a Romeo5 XDR and a Romeo4T )

So the £27 ACM M2 from boomarms would probably not be that great. 

Im not expecting it to be amazing considering the price but for my airsoft I cant justify spending £100+ let alone 400 odd on an optic, cant afford it either. But at the same time I dont want it to keep dropping out of zero.

6 minutes ago, Maligator said:

So the £27 ACM M2 from boomarms would probably not be that great. 

Im not expecting it to be amazing considering the price but for my airsoft I cant justify spending £100+ let alone 400 odd on an optic, cant afford it either. But at the same time I dont want it to keep dropping out of zero.

If you're buying from Boomarms, you may as well buy from Aliexpress, and have a ton more choice

I'm impressed with the Vector Optics Maverick 3 I got from Ali Express. It was £80 delivered but the MK2 is only £55 and still looks decent (easy to adjust too). There seems to be lots of 4 & 5 star reviews from using them on real rifles, so again should definitely hold their zero well.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000182784980.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.50d65fa5HmsUyd&algo_pvid=fd51eedd-f620-4bc8-be3c-ea2d989bf316&algo_expid=fd51eedd-f620-4bc8-be3c-ea2d989bf316-1&btsid=0bb0624016016453308806407e1643&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

26 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I'm impressed with the Vector Optics Maverick 3 I got from Ali Express. It was £80 delivered but the MK2 is only £55 and still looks decent (easy to adjust too). There seems to be lots of 4 & 5 star reviews from using them on real rifles, so again should definitely hold their zero well.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000182784980.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.50d65fa5HmsUyd&algo_pvid=fd51eedd-f620-4bc8-be3c-ea2d989bf316&algo_expid=fd51eedd-f620-4bc8-be3c-ea2d989bf316-1&btsid=0bb0624016016453308806407e1643&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Identical lifetime warranty as Vortex as well 👍🏻

37 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I really like my Vector tempest, though I've not used it on a gbb. That looks really good - would you be able to confirm whether its compatible with T1 style mounts? It looks like it, but you know...

Thanks! 

5 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

would you be able to confirm whether its compatible with T1 style mounts?

It comes with it's own high and low mounts. Not sure beyond that.

5 hours ago, Maligator said:

I think you will be quite ok with it on a gbbr.👍

5 hours ago, Maligator said:

Depends how much recoil there is on your MP7.
On my MWS, cheapies couldn't cope with the kick and lost zero all the time. As soon as I swapped to real steel stuff there wasn't a problem any more.
As rdb says - not all Chinese optics are created equal. - some are awesome, some.... not so much.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.