Wat Em Best Tournament Gnu? Yes All My Titles Are Going to Be That Stupid)

Skara

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

out of those 2 my preference would be the titan, but i'm kinda meh on the whole subject of optical mosfets these days.

Just had a quick chat with my team's tech, he said that the firmware upgrade can only be used once.

Screw that, I'm getting a Perun.

It has all the features I need.

Turns out that the Perun I ordered wasn't actually in stock, so I got refunded.

Moreover, Peruns are out of stock literally everywhere, this leaves me with the Titan (advanced) at €150, the Aster (with firmware upgrade it'll retail at a similar price) aaaaand that's it, the Leviathan relies on a microswitch for sector gear positioning and I am not too confident on it lasting, plus out of stock.

The BTC offerings are fucking impossible to find because raisins (also idk if they have a binary option).

As of now I have an Advanced Titan in my cart.

28 minutes ago, Skara said:

the Aster (with firmware upgrade it'll retail at a similar price)

Personally i think it's pretty despicable of Gate to limit the functionality of the hardware to force you to buy firmware.

57 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Personally i think it's pretty despicable of Gate to limit the functionality of the hardware to force you to buy firmware.

Bit annoying of them. Plan on picking up a V3 Leviathan when Jefftron get round to releasing one. 

2 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

It makes sense tbf, there are people who only need certain features (say AB, battery protection and programmable burst), they get a cheaper option that provides such features without the extra options.

But I get what you mean, for the price tag you should be getting more out of a basic Titan/Aster.

Was hoping for BTC to release their Spectre MK3, which combines the best of optical and mechanical systems (trigger microswitch, sector and selector are optical sensors) but heh, considering the availability of BTCs in general, I guess we'll never get the chance to see one.

1 hour ago, DerDer said:

Leviathan

I considered it for a minute, but then microswitch for the sector gear and proprietary trigger put me off :(

Fair points. As regards the Titan, it's partly because some of the feature I would use (Precocking/Rof control) that you have to cough up extra for are available on the Warfet at a lower price point. 

The microswitch is one to be concerned about. Having sheared off one on a BTC Chimera in the past (the one on the selector plate), I can completely understand why it would put someone off. As you referenced, the MK3 might have been the best of both.  BTC nearly vanishing is a disappointing one. 

Still at least there are Perun and Jefftron alternatives on the go. The Jefftron Leviathan for V3 gearboxes is supposed to be optical based.  It might lead to one for other gearboxes.  

• Supporters

Seriously...

Buy gun, swap boxes

One fancy snappy dooberry one

&

One old skool snappy one

I just bought 2 of them btw

& one CM.517 for a mess about

plus a cheap rotary hop for 517

plus a perun basic MOSFET...

Fuck me them fuckers are tiny

I won't be doing owt with them for a while though, got a lot of stuff on atm & told missus this crap is my Xmas present

tbh, can see me ripping the cheapo cyma apart first as I know what to expect with my eyes shut

They updated it with blue cylinder head, tappet, nozzle over the clear plastic tappet etc...

Also seems to have a AR release slot on box, but still reinforced so probably need dremmel mod to fit 13:1's - no biggie

Then maybe after chrimbo I'll rip the 904's apart 

But £104 - jeez I paid that for a moody SRC M4

and the etu can't be no worse than G&G's

Nice touch have deans fitted already on the 904, motor is a bit lame

But wtf I told myself I'm not buying one...

So I bought two instead coz I have issues

Sorry Duck, but I'm not swapping a crappy DE box with an E&C one :P and I'm not willing to spend time reshimming both boxes.

Also, softairgames is being a bitch and the website doesn't allow me to pay via PP -.-

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Skara said:

Sorry Duck, but I'm not swapping a crappy DE box with an E&C one :P and I'm not willing to spend time reshimming both boxes.

Also, softairgames is being a bitch and the website doesn't allow me to pay via PP -.-

Remind me again how times your guns have been in bits ???

For the record - haven't got a clue about the gearbox make/brand itself...

The 904 box is a QC reinforced type (so 13:1's will need a minor mod to top half of box for spur clearance)

with the M4 lug on top for charging handle, but with no ARL release slot & some other things

so rules out being quite a few of the branded QC V2's out there

It looked like a possible Classic Army QC - but they are not reinforced at rear like the 904 box

so fuck knows who makes the box

The closest so far appears to be a King Arms 8mm QC v2 gearbox (reinforced)

but details on this box are sketchy & vary - with places like Evike claiming it is KA

(but often is just an China OEM - plus Evike list Cyma/JG as basically the same but are different)

The wiring used in the 904 looks to be 17awg

cutting the spare deans to small tamiya adapter wire...

wire diameter is about 1.13mm thick

compared to 1.35mm for the Alpha Eco 16awg

so Alpha is about 20% thicker to carry more juice

But they have ran 3 wires into the box

1 goes to pos motor it seems

& another pos & neg goes to pcb, then one neg lead to motor

so passing the motor entry you have 2 x 17awg wires

when in theory it might only need say a 20awg positive & then a slightly thicker 16awg Alpha negative

Basically they have ran say basic mosfet trigger signal wire in 17awg when 22awg is plenty

(now the pcb is doing a bit more - but even so the positive supply to pcb will not need any thicker than 20awg imho

BUT the ETU pcb is likely doing a bit of AB so will need a bit more than just thin 20~22awg signal wire)

yet think I could replace the motor wires with 16awg Alpha & be OK at motor entry (just if routed very carefully)

Obviously - this desoldering wires & replacing them is very risky & unsure if I will attempt it (probably not)

but the stock wire could be a slight choke point if pushing it a bit beyond mild snappy build

(But know a mental DSG would be out of the question - maybe a German 250fps DSG might be about limit)

The German DSG would just be a drop in - but really don't want to push the amp draw on the bespoke ETU

So the likely possible option would be a mild mod to top half of box, fit 13:1

& a 25k motor max I reckon is about the most I would likely look to do with it

achieving maybe 17 rps on 7.4v & say 25 ish on 11.1v on a 12amp draw

I know I can squeeze more out on say a reg snappy build, with better wire wire, 30k motor etc...

but sticking on 17awg stock wire, 25k motor tops (maybe 22tpa/22k) there will be some zest untapped

plus I reckon these ETU mosfets nick a little bit of power too over basic trigger/mosfet stuff imho

General idea though is to squeeze out more zest without going ultra nutz on both 904's & the 517

Soz to crash your thread, just my own thoughts & future plans of projects to mess around with

(gotta have something to do with all these lockdowns I guess)

best of luck with your project too btw

Titan installed, had to modify the receiver because the MAXX trigger has external adjustments and didn't fit the hole.

Thank God it's a polymer receiver so it only took me 2 minutes to file down. Not having a mechanical safety feels weird tbf.

Also installed the ZCI steel barrel and MR-Hop.

The fixed stock is a bit of a cunt though, even when fully tightened it still rotates by a few degrees -.- no biggie, I won't be playing anytime soon because sports (bar soccer, for some reason) are halted until further notice.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.