Wat Em Best Tournament Gnu? Yes All My Titles Are Going to Be That Stupid)

Skara

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Skara said:

Might have found a kid willing to swap his combat machine (raider? The 10" plastic ris gun) with the HB.

Raider 1 is not a bad gun, I prefer the shorter version 233mm over the longer 350mm or so version

(why I like the Cyma CM517 is coz it sits as a cheap Raider copy but in the middle at 295mm barrel)

The Raider/Carbine sight is cast into the outer barrel end - not the two pins to remove front sight

it is actually cast into the outer barrel end itself - some have actually hacked the front sight off coz it can't be removed

The long/short versions have a final end barrel with sight cast into the piece - just a longer or shorter end barrel with cast sight 

The hop/dust cover on Raider v1's is sprung loaded shut, than pull charging handle to release & drop down

this is how it is on V1 Raiders and slightly cheaper M4 carbines in the basic classic Combat Machines

not a biggy - just letting ya know

Bronze bushings likely - check wear & replace with steel ones under the gears

the bronze bushing one under the spur wears rather quickly, if left unchecked it wears out of alignment

then the gearset starts to go & teeth fly off

Nice & easy to work on, weird screws on underneath as you'll know

But mostly to let ya know the hop cover is sprung loaded which some are unaware of on classic CM Raider/Carbine guns

Cheap low fps DSG project:

grab a CM517, remove crap front sight - drift out small pin, remove tiny screw under sight - sight comes off

take out outer barrel, give to a m8 with lathe - cut outer barrel down to say 15mm in front off RIS

cut a 14mm ccw thread, shove in a 233~250mm inner barrel & better hop

re-do box, leave most of it as is, but replace piston with full metal rack - usual mild tweaks

drop in SHS dsg, maybe a m140 spring to get a 290fps or use existing m120 spring for low power German AEG

rewire cheap mosfet

budget light dsg sleeper gun (especially with a stubby stock & 11.1v block battery, yet not too insane wanker gun)

TLDR - Raider is a nice base, a good starter gun to mess about with - just springy dust cover/flap

While I wait for the thundercunt kid to decide.

Do I wait for G&G to release their wanker trigger? I kinda want one but from what I've seen they aren't really compatible with anything but HPA boards, but maybe I'm wrong.

Also, since my arp died again yesterday, I could do the following:

1. fix the ARP box (install 13:1s and all that crap);
  2. slap said box into the CM16 once I get hold of it;
  3. completely rebuild the arp at a later date (DSG/HPA depending on the budget)

• Supporters

if you aren't limited to semi-only there's not really much call for a long blade trigger and feels like it'd be more a hinderance than a help.

it's pretty much only for the "that's not full auto...." crowd......

Thundertwat refused my swap offer :(

Oh well, back to choosing a base :D

• Supporters

What went tits up on the ARP ???

Thought you had the perun etu in there ???

Or mech failure ???

Well to each their own, old school or bells & whistles

If a gun cycles at stock 13rps then that is slow to cycle

and prone to lockup if you release trigger too early

Where as if a gun cycles at say 19/20rps then less likely

as it runs quicker to complete the cycle on semi

(unless you are a wanker speedsofter spamming trigger to fuck)

So as long the gun runs around 20rps

& below 30rps then that will do most people

If people want other bits, bells & whistles then is up to them

I'm not bothered, but like to get a gun just nudging the twenties

If possible, take up some trigger slack, not hairline BS

(Can't really do hairline on reg mech trigger)

Get it running sweet & a bit snappy on mild amps & that's it for me

All guns have their flaws, so picking a base gun will be open to debate

There is a lot to be said for a steady gun that is reliable

Over another faster/more whistles one that is prone to failure

No worries, you got the HB & now ARP to service

So you got enough to keep you busy

No real need to rush into another project whilst you got a couple needing attention

Wait n see, see how it all goes

No clue what went wrong, at some point it started to sound shit and started misfeeding.

I suspect it's the plastic piston that didn't like 24+ RPS along with a tappet plate that's worked way past its retirement period, can't tell until Saturday.

I found out that the San Marino retailer I usually buy from does trade-ins. Sent them a couple of pictures of the Honey Badger, let's see how much they value it. In case the quote is decent (say around the €100/120 mark), I might "step up" and buy a wildhog.

I have handled one from a teammate and I found it to be reasonably balanced even with a metal handguard (which, unfortunately, is keymod rather than m-lok but heh, it's a relatively easy fix). Or a CM16 SLR, my club's president uses one as a backup and to be fair, it's really light for the length!

I am also considering a Perun Optical as an alternative to the ETU + upgrade kit. I want to try it out, it's obviously not a Titan but it has all the features I need (binary trigger, battery protection, full cycle completion to avoid lockups). Plus if I get the right trigger I can theoretically hair pull the fuck out of it.

A wanker gun, but not quite wank

Hopefully it makes sense.

Shop quoted it €40.

Yeah, sure, imma spend €15 to send you the gun so I can save €25 off a €400 order. Okay mate lol.

Another "update".

After failing to find someone willing to swap a CM16 with my AM-013 (I have one last try, then I'm done EDIT: last try failed), I'm once again looking at bases.

As of now:

Another Specna C-02 (cheapest complete gun):

Pros

• Polymer body
  • Very good rotary hop chamber
  • QC Gearbox with good internals out of the box 

Cons

• Will require a complete new front end

G&G CM16 Raider 2.0:

Pros

• Polymer body (newer version so it's interchangeable with the ARP upper should the need arise)
  • Polymer handguard
  • Relatively low weight

Cons

• shit stock bushings (copper)
  • no QC spring guide
  • crappy stone age hop unit

Specna Arms SA-C20:

Pros

• Polymer body
  • I like the locking mechanism of the handguard

Cons

• not so lightweight at 2.5 kilograms
  • A bit too long for my needs (320mm inner barrel)
  • Not easy to find
  • Metal handguard adds a tiny bit of unnecessary weight

Specna Arms SA-C21:

Pros

• Polymer body
  • Same handguard locking mechanism

Cons

• 2.4kg for a gun this short? I get that the PDW stock is almost entirely made of metal, but still seems a lot! 
  • 190mm inner might require a harder spring (m110?) to have a 1J output
  • Not really easy to source

G&G CM16 SRS/7" WildHog:

Pros

• Polymer body (newer version so it's interchangeable with the ARP upper should the need arise)
  • The front end appears to be very lightweight and the gun feels balanced
  • ETU (idk if I should mark it as a pro)

Cons

• Quite high price tag for a base
  • No QC gearbox
  • Shit stock bushings (copper)

G&G CM16 SRL/9" WildHog:

Pros

• Polymer body (newer version so it's interchangeable with the ARP upper should the need arise)
  • The front end appears to be somehow lightweight and the gun feels balanced despite being 9"

Cons

• Really stretching the budget, considering I'm gonna throw away all the internals
  • No QC gearbox

I won't go over €220/230 for a base, because at that point I might as well build my own gun from scrap.

• Supporters
On 07/10/2020 at 18:26, Skara said:

Another "update".

After failing to find someone willing to swap a CM16 with my AM-013 (I have one last try, then I'm done EDIT: last try failed), I'm once again looking at bases.

As of now:

Another Specna C-02 (cheapest complete gun):

Pros

• Polymer body

Cons

• Will require a complete new front end

G&G CM16 Raider 2.0:

Pros

• Polymer handguard
  • Relatively low weight

Cons

• shit stock bushings (copper)
  • no QC spring guide
  • crappy stone age hop unit

Specna Arms SA-C20:

Pros

• Polymer body
  • I like the locking mechanism of the handguard

Cons

• not so lightweight at 2.5 kilograms
  • A bit too long for my needs (320mm inner barrel)
  • Not easy to find

Specna Arms SA-C21:

Pros

• Polymer body
  • Same handguard locking mechanism

Cons

• 2.4kg for a gun this short? I get that the PDW stock is almost entirely made of metal, but still seems a lot! 
  • 190mm inner might require a harder spring (m110?) to have a 1J output
  • Not really easy to source

G&G CM16 SRS/7" WildHog:

Pros

• The front end appears to be very lightweight and the gun feels balanced

Cons

• Quite high price tag for a base
  • No QC gearbox

G&G CM16 SRL/9" WildHog:

Pros

• Polymer body (newer version so it's interchangeable with the ARP upper should the need arise)
  • The front end appears to be somehow lightweight and the gun feels balanced despite being 9"

Cons

• Really stretching the budget, considering I'm gonna throw away all the internals
  • No QC gearbox

I won't go over €220/230 for a base, because at that point I might as well build my own gun from scrap.

I'd look at the C-12 SA - about a 229mm barrel...

Either normal version with crane stock bit cheaper

Drop on a stubby if you find one

Or the PDW version with nifty stock - but more expensive

As said it is gonna be trade off no matter what

But gotta look at pros n cons,

Spend time/money only where needed

EDIT - maybe the C05 with 12%  off GF-SLADEAIRSOFT-163

comes out at € 124:92 plus GF shipping (and fees like paypal - bastards)

maybe near € 140 but maybe one of cheapest options...540829333_Screenshotfrom2020-10-0814-03-53.thumb.png.649e48dbed90234bd7dfaf8c932bab9d.png

That is about my best option, nice length, suppressor/flash hider looks just right at the end

yeah I'd change little & just tweak the internals I guess to my spec

However - there are a few options from your local retailer...

Range of Specna Arms...

https://www.softairgames.net/en/ricerca?submit_search=&search_query=specna+arms&orderby=price&orderway=asc&p=9

& 6 PDW Stock Gun options, 3 of which have X-ASR installed (but top of budget)

https://www.softairgames.net/en/m4-m16-stubby/23441-electric-rifle-sa-c12-assault-replica-m4-short-keymod-pdw-two-tone-core-specna-arms-spe-01-027699.html

https://www.softairgames.net/en/m4-m16-stubby/23437-electric-rifle-sa-c07-rra-logo-assault-replica-m4-noveske-cqb-keymod-pdw-black-core-specna-arms-spe-01-027694.html

https://www.softairgames.net/en/m4-m16-stubby/23438-electric-rifle-sa-c07-rra-logo-assault-replica-m4-noveske-cqb-keymod-pdw-two-tone-core-specna-arms-spe-01-027695.html

X-ASR:

https://www.softairgames.net/en/m4-m16-stubby/20022-electric-rifle-sa-e10-edge-rra-m4-stubby-killer-pdw-replica-black-specna-arms-spe-01-026715.html

https://www.softairgames.net/en/m4-m16-stubby/20024-electric-rifle-sa-e12-edge-m4-short-keymod-pdw-replica-black-specna-arms-spe-01-026717.html

https://www.softairgames.net/en/m4-m16-stubby/23424-electric-rifle-sa-e21-edge-m4-m-lok-rex-short-pdw-replica-chaos-grey-specna-arms-spe-01-027067.html

• 2 weeks later...

Shit, didn't see you edited the post :(

I've been busy trying to sell the honey badger, got a few people who seemed to be interested, but then declined because reasons.

I now seem to have found someone who's really interested in it, I'm waiting for the PayPal payment.

I haven't decided yet on which base I want.

I have found this, though.

A hair more expensive than the Specnas, but retains most of the features I want.

Comes with Evolution's ETU but it's getting binned real fast in favour of a more serious one (read Perun Optical or ETU + Upgrade kit).

The gearbox looks like a Specna, but in orange, the hop unit seems to be the exact same thing.

It mentions 2.3 kilograms and has a metal buffer tube. Which will be thrown out the window in favour of the fixed stubby stock I bought the other day

Although the actual stock mounting worries me a little being a hair short (could be me, I think Specnas are the same).

Can't figure what the barrel length is, but looking at the rail it appears to be around 9", I like the anti-rotation lugs on the handguard.

Overall it looks like a Specna but with some tiny "improvements" here and there.

Also, on EI's site it mentions steel bushings, on SG it says steel bearings 😕 I'm doing a confuse.

Any thoughts on this thing?

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Skara said:

:(

I've been busy trying to sell the honey badger, got a few people who seemed to be interested, but then declined because reasons.

😕

Lol, they've probably been on here & seen all the nice things you've said about it previously 🤣

2 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Lol, they've probably been on here & seen all the nice things you've said about it previously 🤣

nah, just Macks material, dreamers wanting the gun for €50 posted.

25 minutes ago, Skara said:

Shit, didn't see you edited the post :(

I now seem to have found someone who's really interested in it, I'm waiting for the PayPal payment.

I haven't decided yet on which base I want.

I have found this, though.

A hair more expensive than the Specnas, but retains most of the features I want.

Comes with Evolution's ETU but it's getting binned real fast in favour of a more serious one (read Perun Optical or ETU + Upgrade kit).

The gearbox looks like a Specna, but in orange, the hop unit seems to be the exact same thing.

It mentions 2.3 kilograms and has a metal buffer tube. Which will be thrown out the window in favour of the fixed stubby stock I bought the other day

Although the actual stock mounting worries me a little being a hair short (could be me, I think Specnas are the same).

Can't figure what the barrel length is, but looking at the rail it appears to be around 9", I like the anti-rotation lugs on the handguard.

Overall it looks like a Specna but with some tiny "improvements" here and there.

Also, on EI's site it mentions steel bushings, on SG it says steel bearings 😕 I'm doing a confuse.

Any thoughts on this thing?

It's the same as the Double Eagles that are for sale on TG. https://www.taiwangun.com/en/carbines-rifles/0,double-eagle?ias=1&red=0

There was a review here on the really small one a little while ago. 

Somehow managed to sell the HB, a bit disappointed but still made €100 that will go in this project (it's half a base rifle).

I've had my eye on that Double Eagle 904G for a while, until I discovered the receiver is actually proprietary (the rear is carved to only accept the dedicated HB stock).

There is a version with the standard buffer tube connector but it's out of stock at the moment.

Anyway, back to the impossible task of making me happy.

https://gunfire.com/en/products/rra-sa-c08-core-tm-carbine-replica-full-tan-1152221427.html

This is what I've settled on.

20 grams heavier than the C-05 (2120 vs 2100), €5 more expensive, but has a full length barrel (the c-05 uses the suppressor as a inner barrel cover) and overall I like it more than the 05.

The rail is keymod, but heh, no biggie, i also have this stuck somewhere between china and my shitty customs on my way (in Bologna as I type), which I reckon will bring the overall weight down to sub 2 kilograms at full load (I'm pretty sure the weights listed include the empty magazine and battery) and still fit because it's half an inch shorter than the outer barrel.

Now, super duper important question:

which colour?

• Supporters

if there was a black/tan version then you wouldn't face this colour issue...

Actually that is not quite correct...

The G&G CM18 comes as black & tan or tan & black

To avoid the issue as which one is best - I bought both :D

but then I do have OCD & many other issues too

the 904G is back in stock but I'm really really torn if I will be buying much

partly coz I got too much shit already

but also coz I'm really trying to refrain from buying more shit from China due to COVID etc...

Don't get me wrong, I could easily blow hundreds on peew peew, new vape crap (ex-smoker)

plus many many other bits of throw away crap in our throw away world today

( maybe even environmental green recycle crap issues ??? )

But really I'm refraining or cutting back on enriching China quite as much as I used to

(will make fuck all difference tbh, but just my thoughts at present)

Very difficult to maintain at times & very tempted to grab a 904G

but will see if I submit to those Chinese Demon Dragons of peew peew

Specna cut it short and named it "half tan". You get a black body but the rest is tan lmao.

I'm gonna go with that version I think, so if I install the stubby stock and aliexpress handguard it'll turn into full black (and then slap my pink furniture on, because yes).

Or even directly go for full black, so if I decide to keep the stock handguard it will look ok.

Aaaaaaaah decisions!

Fuck that, going full black.

Buying it tomorrow after posting the Ares.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a thread on the arp9 to make :D

So, gun is on its way, had a quick talk to my tech this morning because he wanted to show me the Perun optical he installed..

I don't know if he messed up the installation or calibration, but it looked lame, as if it couldn't properly read the trigger position.

Should I drop €150 on a Titan at this point?

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, Skara said:

So, gun is on its way, had a quick talk to my tech this morning because he wanted to show me the Perun optical he installed..

I don't know if he messed up the installation or calibration, but it looked lame, as if it couldn't properly read the trigger position.

Should I drop €150 on a Titan at this point?

My thoughts...

Water Spit GIFs | Tenor

FFS - buy the fucking M904G just for the box & board

reshell the box with bells n whistles into a best gnu evvaaaa body

then use the std box in the 904, do a 13:1 or heck DSG on it

(less to go wrong) and keep/sell it

I was erghing about doing a 904 DSG, just plop in a DSG sector

trim tappet and go with that, for shits & giggles

BUT wasn't sure if the fancy mosfet could handle the amp draw of a DSG m160 spring etc...

so was leaning towards gutting it and using another box

eg: swap over a crappy picky ETU G&G box, back to old school, into 904

& use the 904 fancy box in the picky ETU G&G

I mean yeah you could buy a Titan

but I'd buy the 904 and get some of the features but a complete gun to play around with too

and yes I'm still fighting with myself over the 904

which atm is a tie or split decision, too close to call if I will submit to one

TORN doesn't cover it, I got so much crap already, but I could see me messing about with it

(actually might have to buy two of them - damn these crazy shit ideas are starting again)

9XjTGUp.jpg

Wanker base is here.

Will crack it open tonight.

28.5 rps on a 11.1, without a mosfet and with the stock tamyia plug.

After lunch I'll install the etu trigger and Perun upgrade kit and see what happens.

Then whenever G&G stops being lazy, SSG1 blade trigger goes in for maximum wank.

Next week the ak2m4 order will turn up as well, providing two nice ZCI barrels (247mm and 260 for my other specna).

Fixed stock is being a cunt though, quite a lot of wobble because of the short receiver end. Might wrap a couple layers of tape to ensure a snug fit.

• Supporters
22 hours ago, Skara said:

28.5 rps on a 11.1, without a mosfet and with the stock tamyia plug.

After lunch I'll install the etu trigger and Perun upgrade kit and see what happens.

Then whenever G&G stops being lazy, SSG1 blade trigger goes in for maximum wank.

Next week the ak2m4 order will turn up as well, providing two nice ZCI barrels (247mm and 260 for my other specna).

Fixed stock is being a cunt though, quite a lot of wobble because of the short receiver end. Might wrap a couple layers of tape to ensure a snug fit.

Wobble might be the fixed stock M5 thread is a bit long or not threaded quite enough

Various options & all that

But if you need a spacer...

I have bought a couple of sheets of rubber/neoprene

In 1mm 2mm & nearly 3mm thicknesses

What you can do is use say a 1mm thick bit of rubber

Cut to rough shape/size

Slap it in-between two parts - stock & receiver

(Or stock ring & receiver)

Tighten it up, it will compress/squish slightly

(Which is good, coz acts as spring washer to a pod working loose)

Then trim off excess with a scalpel - smug fit & resist undoing

Also used this to very slightly correct AoE by

slipping a piece between piston & piston head in a couple of builds

When the sorbo/silicone was just a smidge low for my liking

Few quid on fleabay & has come I handy a few times

Or maybe a couple of M5 washers at the butt plate end of fixed stock

might take up a bit of slack in the bolt thread

We that is if read or interpreted it correctly

Nice rof, about 18 approx on 7.4v

So yeah could use either or as is

Thought I'd SS a bit of using 11.1v @ 28.5rps

But quite nice as is, bit of pte-cock on 11.1v

Then park it on 7.4v before storing it etc...

(coz I don't use fancy bells n whistles)

Nice one all the same sir

Yup screw is still a hair too long, I've already chopped it down by 1.5 cms, need to remove another 5mm (make it 6/7 to be 100% sure), the screw is long enough to thread onto any gun anyway, 

I will SS the sector (1 tooth, 2 tops, leaving the piston intact) whenever I install the new barrel and change spring to compensate, it will be used both on 11.1s (when spamming semi in cqb) and 7.4s (when playing woodland).

I had issues with the G&G etu, I'm pretty sure the trigger microswitch is fucked, after installing I pulled the trigger once in semi and did a 25rnd burst rather than binary :D it was a really old battered unit and the trigger switch was meh.

so new ETU unit. Or Perun V2/Gate Titan. I can use the wanker blade trigger on all three options so it's just a matter of finding one of the three in stock at a human price.

• Supporters
44 minutes ago, Skara said:

Yup screw is still a hair too long, I've already chopped it down by 1.5 cms, need to remove another 5mm (make it 6/7 to be 100% sure), the screw is long enough to thread onto any gun anyway, 

I will SS the sector (1 tooth, 2 tops, leaving the piston intact) whenever I install the new barrel and change spring to compensate, it will be used both on 11.1s (when spamming semi in cqb) and 7.4s (when playing woodland).

I had issues with the G&G etu, I'm pretty sure the trigger microswitch is fucked, after installing I pulled the trigger once in semi and did a 25rnd burst rather than binary :D it was a really old battered unit and the trigger switch was meh.

so new ETU unit. Or Perun V2/Gate Titan. I can use the wanker blade trigger on all three options so it's just a matter of finding one of the three in stock at a human price.

That 25rnd burst could be the trigger switch

BUT due to ETU unit, it should fire & stop after X rounds depending on mode selected

so me thinks the COL switch might not have engaged after first shot to say STOP

and so it kept cycling until it eventually detected and said - right that is it one shot, stop now

so it "might" be the COL switch not detecting the cycle has completed & it goes on & on until finally a signal is sent

all that electronic bollox is great - when it all works

Could be the COL switch as well..

Binned that ETU trigger board. I'll buy a full ETU set once I get my hands on the KA PDW so I can use the Perun upgrade kit I already have.

I found that a shop semi-local to me has both the Titan basic and the Perun v2 in stock, to be paired with a MAXX trigger. Both units are €85.

Which one do I go for?

If I'm not mistaken, once a user buys the Advanced/Expert firmware update from Gate, he can use it on as many units as he wants, am I right?

In that case, my team's tech already bought the thing for his Titan, so I may upgrade it either for free, or by paying a small symbolic fee (idk, €10 or something).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.