Krytac Mk2 Crb

gasman

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well it arrived from Firesupport today courtesy of UPS.

Just the box in brown paper wrap.

In the box one black gun one metal hi-cap mag with winder, one metal keymod rail section, metal front and rear sight, an adapter deans to tamiya and an unjamming rod.

First impression good looking gun nice finish and unlike the Specna edge I purchased no loose bits that did not fit together well.

The upper and lower sections a perfect tight fit even the stock does not wobble, nice black metal flash hider on the barrel.

So out with the chrono and .2BBs here is were the not so good bits are. Mag looks nice loaded up and wound, fit to gun is lousy wobbles left to right and front to rear.

I have fitted a deans connection nun chuck 7.4 lipo so move the rather stiff fire selector to semi and fire about a dozen shots gun sounds a little harsh!

So I chrono and get 328.7 FPS and for the next ten shots all within one FPS of that, not the 360 that I had been told they were all coming at. On full auto 12.7 RPS not the claimed up to 20 RPS

After firing four hi-caps mags on .25BBs and adjusting the hop I went back to the .2BBs and chrono again 312 to 314 FPS now so spring and seal settled very quickly I hope it does not drop further!

The gun sounds slightly better. I had extended the stock a little while testing and found when I removed the battery that the sharp edges inside the stock had cut the insulation on the battery lead. The wires in the stock are a little short!

So to sum up a very good looking gun, well put together and a good fit. It is a little piston noisy with sharp edges in the stock, a poor fitting mag and comes with power suitable for CQB sites.

The upper and lower have a sticker from Krytac as does the pistol grip screws so if you were to take the upper off and disturb it you just might void your warranty. I will use the gun as is until the warranty runs out just in case it breaks then fit a new spring and oring nozzle, why on a gun this price does it not have one. I will also fit a silencer and slightly longer barrel with rhop.

Let me have your thoughts on the above and if you have one how did yours perform?

• 3 weeks later...

Had its first outing yesterday and WOW it is a really good gun performed super great range hopped .28s easy.

It is the only gun I have ever bought that performed perfectly without the need for some improvement apart from the change of stock spring.

No more Specna guns for me, cost more than the price of the krytac in parts to get to the same standard.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.