Hi Cappa Only Shoots After Racking by Hand

Albiscuit

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

6 hours ago, Alimcd said:

I’m gob smacked about the distance seller time frame only being 14 days but I’m certain that it’s the consumer’s responsibility to prove the fault. Here’s a snippet from a Which mag guide who are firing at this from the consumer’s side.

“If your claim under the Sale of Goods Act ends up in court, you may have to prove that the fault was present when you bought the item and not, for example, something that was the result of normal wear and tear.”

It’s all a bit murky, even the legal advice from our retailers association can differ case to case. The best solution is always to come to an agreement before something ugly happens

with social media and google reviews, the retailer should really be trying to find a mutually acceptable solution before coming to blows

I provided a link to the actual law and the quote was from that. In first 6 months retailers have to prove the fault was the customers, after that then Which are correct

Its tricky as I bought it last November, had it upgraded by them, and only managed to get two games in between then and lockdown. The first time I put it down to being too cold for the gas, the second  I wasnt sure then lockdown happened and I didnt do much about it.

I have made a video of me shooting it about 20 times with 16 bbs in the mag and showing that theres 12 left in there and have emailed it to them today to see what they say.

I didnt mind the postage the first time and I will even pay to send it back this time, I just dont want to pay to have it sent back to me for a third time and want them to acknowledge its not working as it should.

As for naming I am going to hold off until things are sorted, but agreed customer service has been shocking. To be told theres nothing wrong with it when I have never been able to use it in a game since owning it is very bad.

And now one of the two mags doesnt hold gas at all FFS I dont care too much about trying to do it myself but im pissed off that I have had it a year and not been able to actually enjoy using it. Its a cracking gun when it works.

I just want a working pistol. I have never had one thats been 100% reliable since starting airsoft apart from my m9 for the first few months before the mags ended up like swiss cheese :( 

• 2 weeks later...

So the reply to the video of it clearly not shooting bbs was.

"The gun was working fine when it left me and im confident theres nothing wrong"

He has at least agreed to not charge return postage if there is an issue so at least there is that.

I am going to send it back one last time and go from there as I dont want to pay someone else to fix it really.

Sounds like the hop rubber is gripping on to the nozzle. Likely caused by the upgrades. A simple and cheap fix would be an upgraded nozzle return spring. 140% AIP ones are £5 for 3.

You aren't using cheap ammo are you? Would explain why it worked for them but not you.

The mags is a fairly common thing, vent it, remove bottom, regrease and put back together, standard maintenance.

Asg blasters, Dane as I have been using in all my guns for years with. O issues.

i am going to try to take it apart and see if anything’s rubbing myself this week. Failing that it’s going back one last time before I lob in in the canal :D 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.