New(ish) Specna Arms Dd Licensed Mk18

Roba93

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

looks like specna have stepped up there licensing game with Daniel Defense. 

They've released a Mk18 with trades. Just when I was sure I wanted an SA-A03 as well! 

Although this  is basically just an Edge replica (SA-E19), so QC may be an issue! 

Might wait for some owners reviews before I grab this one 🤔

Screenshot_20200924-114226_Instagram.jpg

They should definitely make a Core version with polymer body.

Or at least make a polymer upper (with poly rail too if possible) as a spare so I can buy it and have 2 different uppers for mine :D

1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Meh. 

Another M4.

But it's OK, this one's got licenced trades. Yay I suppose..... 🙄

I know what you mean. Not usually all that into m4s.

Think I'm just excited because I've wanted a mk18 for a while and this releases literally as I was about to buy! 

17 minutes ago, Roba93 said:

I know what you mean. Not usually all that into m4s.

Think I'm just excited because I've wanted a mk18 for a while and this releases literally as I was about to buy! 

But this ain't really a Mk18. 

Daniel Defense make a gun they call the 'Mk18' for the civilian market simply because they fitted the same rail they supply for the SOPMOD block II program. A marketing gimmick. 

Real Mk18s use Colt rifles as the base, and now 'block 3' is a thing, Mk18s are being fitted with Geiselle rails.

I think TM and G&P produce the closest in terms of accuracy to a Mk18 block II. 

1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

But this ain't really a Mk18. 

Yeah I know. To a layman (me) its close enough to make me happy 🤣

Although I am a little disappointed they have DD trades on the receiver and not colt.

Will probably replace the ugly iron sights too.

Unfortunately I have a mars and evo so can't justify another £400 RIF. Would if I could though! 

I think the pricing is well off with this one. Its an Edge 1.0 (Gate X-ASR) and is costing £230 (PatrolBase), £220 (Gunfire).

For less money, you can buy this:

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-rock-river-arms-sa-e02-edge-carbine?pv=9070

and this:

Cheapo Mk 18 Rail

£155+£25 = £180.

So that's £50 for the logo. I suppose you could spend that on a new E&C gearbox to replace the shite stock one.

14 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I think the pricing is well off with this one. Its an Edge 1.0 (Gate X-ASR) and is costing £230 (PatrolBase), £220 (Gunfire).

For less money, you can buy this:

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-rock-river-arms-sa-e02-edge-carbine?pv=9070

and this:

Cheapo Mk 18 Rail

£155+£25 = £180.

So that's £50 for the logo. I suppose you could spend that on a new E&C gearbox to replace the shite stock one.

Yeah i agree there, it is very expensive for a specna. Think I'm going to go with my original plan and pick up an SA-A03 for a lot less. Heard they are still OEM'd by E&C so QC should be better.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.