The Rise of Speedsoft Style Playing ( Vomits )

Groot

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

So after playing a few sites recently and looking at what is available now and classed as CQB
It does appear that the disease that is speed soft, could be on the rise. 

With the reduction in availability of really large sites with proper buildings.
Smaller sites, where although there are buildings. For the most part you just fight around them and run to the next bunch pallets or other "cover". 

This seems to lead rise to the paintball style of play, where you carry nothing but your shortest gun with the biggest attached mag and your full facemask. 

These sites are not about tactical play, have no opportunity to flank, sneak or setup a really proper ambush.

They on the whole are won by whichever teenagers can sprint into an ambush point first and then spam with their wanker guns at anyone who tries to push forwards. 

If you like that sort of bullshit and think playing in your coloured pajamas is uberpro, have at it. 
But if this sort of shit then spills over into proper sites... Oh god, what a horror story it is going to be. 

This weekend against the pajama kids, I saw more non hit taking than I have seen over the last 2 years of events. 

I am not saying all speedsofters are cheating wastes of skin.... but... I do see a clear link.  

Let us just hope that with the incoming financial ruin produced by rona, we get some holiday camps, factory sites or office complexes to use. 
Ah maybe something good will come out of Rona

Batman Slapping Robin Meme - Imgflip

These sites are not about tactical play, have no opportunity to flank, sneak or setup a really proper ambush.

They on the whole are won by whichever teenagers can sprint into an ambush point first and then spam with their wanker guns at anyone who tries to push forwards. 

The cognitive dissonance here. Sounds like you just got outplayed by some younger people?

Sites are free to set rules on what type of play, and players, are around. I suggest you find a site that bans HPA, high-caps, etc. and stick to it.

Just now, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

The cognitive dissonance here. Sounds like you just got outplayed by some younger people?

Sites are free to set rules on what type of play, and players, are around. I suggest you find a site that bans HPA, high-caps, etc. and stick to it.

If cheating it out playing.... we have differing standards of game play. 

There are cheaters in every discipline. It sounds like you've got a problem with the site marshalls not stepping in when they should be.

To clarify something, I'm not a speedsofter nor do I have any desire to pick up speedsofting kit. But every time I see them crop up at non-speedsoft sites they're often the hardest playing, fastest moving people who aren't afraid to push up and actually play the objective.

27 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

There are cheaters in every discipline. It sounds like you've got a problem with the site marshalls not stepping in when they should be.

To clarify something, I'm not a speedsofter nor do I have any desire to pick up speedsofting kit. But every time I see them crop up at non-speedsoft sites they're often the hardest playing, fastest moving people who aren't afraid to push up and actually play the objective.

This is my experience of "them" as well. It's just a different playing style. 

Personally, I think sites that don't want to force everyone into playing speedsoft style need to have a rule/enforce that rapid fire (full auto or super quick single shot) is to be capped at a sensible rate of fire. 

I do tend to double tap targets I am shooting at, but more and more I seem to get hit not by a single or double shot, but 4-8 rounds within a second or two from the same player. That I find very annoying...

Not ‘tactical’ depends on what you think tactical means

Slowly moving as a group, stacking up on corners etc is a tactic

But if you’re all bunched up queuing up to be shot at the corner then that’s a failed tactic

If the objective is to take ground then speed is more appropriate then stealth.

One person in at the right point can hold for others to follow

Ive played (paintball) for over 15 years, I marked my 10th anniversary playing a national tournament.  This means I have played every style that I’m aware of

I had no interest in competitive & speed styles but took from it skills that I had already learned and lost to bad habits and refined skills

I can get away with things in the woods that cannot be got away with in more open areas

Learn to beat the speedsofters, watch them and get tips - don’t expose yourself unnecessarily and take advantage of opportunities.

Beat them at either their own game or by upping your game 

It's just young competitive people playing airsoft in the most competitive way... And no, there isn't a link to cheating; there are just as many salty adults as there are children. Young people aren't that good at teamwork, so my take is that they equip themselves to be as efficient as possible to make up for that.

Wah Wah Wah, people are playing differently to me. 

If you don't like it then play somewhere else.

Edit: wasn't it you bitching about how so many sites are going semi auto only? Sounds a bit silly to complain about restrictions like that then moan about high rof guns

Treat speedsofters as irregulars

‘Tactics’  are not designed for like for like styles, they are to be used appropriately to the current situation 

Also take note of the consequences - if you get shot then you respawn, so consider if staying in stalemate is worth the preservation of ‘life’ or whether risking your ‘life’ is worth it for achieving progress 

20 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Wah Wah Wah, people are playing differently to me. 

If you don't like it then play somewhere else.

Edit: wasn't it you bitching about how so many sites are going semi auto only? Sounds a bit silly to complain about restrictions like that then moan about high rof guns

You say bitching, I say pointing the stupidity of creating single fire sites and then allowing wanker guns shooting faster on semi than many full autos. Ho hum, i guess you missed the nuance of the post. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, EDcase said:

To me the problem is 'speed softing' is individualistic and not team playing.

We'll just call it Ramboing 😉

Its the same tactic used in 'Battlefield' 😆

If you watch an actual speedsoft game then the teamplay is actually pretty strong. The big difference is that what most people are seeing as "speedsofters" is actually just a particular type of player that doesn't care if he looks like GI Joe, wears a Dye style mask and runs about like the energiser bunny on speed having fun pwning the fuck out of the camo crowd who get upset that they aren't using proper tactics. It's the Redcoats vs the Colonials all over again!

I'd have to agree there. See, I like it when "speedsofters" come down to my local site. I know they're going to do the objective, and their aggression gives me a lot of room to move, conceal myself and support with my VSR.

Also, if they're on the other team they make for good target practice. Leading shots is a useful skill.

Double also, my local site has a 25 RPS limit on rate of fire to avoid people using wanker guns, so I don't have any concerns on that either.

12 minutes ago, Lozart said:

If you watch an actual speedsoft game then the teamplay is actually pretty strong. The big difference is that what most people are seeing as "speedsofters" is actually just a particular type of player that doesn't care if he looks like GI Joe, wears a Dye style mask and runs about like the energiser bunny on speed having fun pwning the fuck out of the camo crowd who get upset that they aren't using proper tactics. It's the Redcoats vs the Colonials all over again!

I have to agree 101% with that statement, each to there own I know I will never be in “Speedsofter” bracket again  - maybe 30yrs ago in PB :P

As long as people are doing what the game mission is meant to be and they are calling there hits and not being dicks I’m easy - admittedly getting trip-tapped by a S’softer in CQB hurts like a mofo! but a Hit is a Hit !! :D

23 minutes ago, Lozart said:

If you watch an actual speedsoft game then the teamplay is actually pretty strong. The big difference is that what most people are seeing as "speedsofters" is actually just a particular type of player that doesn't care if he looks like GI Joe, wears a Dye style mask and runs about like the energiser bunny on speed having fun pwning the fuck out of the camo crowd who get upset that they aren't using proper tactics. It's the Redcoats vs the Colonials all over again!

^^^^^^^^^This.

I could say the same about those cunts wearing so much gear (because rEaLiSm) that they need a serious magdump to feel the hit.

Also competitive speedsoft is all about teamplay. Whereas the regular skirmish is mostly cunts going their own way

It’s the beauty of confirmation bias, which leads to judging folks before it’s ultimately ‘fair’ to do so.

We all do it in some way or another, sometimes consciously and sometimes not. If I had a penny for every time I’ve muttered ‘of course you’ve done that you’re in a [insert car brand here]’ when witnessing some questionable driving from someone in a fancy car. The fancy car is nothing to do with it, they just drive like a prick but my bias takes the path of least resistance in the heat of the moment.

I sincerely wish this wasn’t the case, but we’re only human.

• Supporters

The one thing I'd note is that Murcan style speedQBsoft is likely immiscible with bringing casual rentals into the game.

Imagine the experience you'd have playing with some budget rental hi-cap versus Captain Spamsalot yeeting 20 rounds a second of tracer at you with that trembler-trigger.

Even if he does take his hits, even if he doesn't end you rightly with the mandatory 5 round run-past, your day is going to consist of you getting pumped in exactly the same way in exactly the same arena, over and over and over again.

You'd have to be really invested in order to stick with it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.