Scammer in Brixton

ak2m4

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is there an definite scammer list for Airsoft in the UK?  Had my very first order from a stolen Paypal account.  Luckily I'm protected by Paypal so the chargeback won't affect me but I still hate that rats like these cause so many problems.

On closer inspection the guy used an email service hosted in Switzerland, his phone number is a Tesco's mobile number. however his address is based in Brixton and used the name REDACTED, I expect that's just a fake name.

[email protected]

If you haven't already make sure you setup Paypal's 2-stage authentication security. 

RATS

Edited by ak2m4
Update to the case

I think there's a police website where you can send suspect email addresses but I doubt it will get any attention.

Unfortunately 2-stage verification is essential on all important logins these days

• Supporters

CUNT - soz, mods delete this at some point

but scammers are the lowest of all thieves

where they fully plan their deception & theft from innocent victims

often on genuine normal working folk deeply impacted by the theft

opportunist thief, smash n grab is one thing but scammers are scum

**** RANT OVER **** - MODS DELETE THE ABOVE

Sorry to hear this Pete, Protonmail is a no questions asked email

Sim card was likely a PAYG basic burner phone too

Hope you are protected, order wasn't too much

(maybe introduce an initial first order limit - but might put people off)

as you said just aggro you can do without

• Supporters

Not wishing to go off topic, but I think thieves who target the vulnerable (elderly etc) are the lowest, nowadays most scams are easily spotted, those that aren't are generally of the type that have an element of cover, such as bank/credit card renumeration, most exceptions to this usually come down to human "error" (spelt s t u p I d I t y 😏), if something appears to be to good to be true, then it probably is.

How many stories have we seen on the various forums of inexperienced members chasing people, only for them to admit they paid f&f or bank transfer.

Back on topic, hope it's a one off mate @ak2m4, I'd hate to think there are Airsoft playing scammers that are now brazen enough to target reputable companies such as yours.

2 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

Unfortunately? Do you mean fortunately buddy or am I missing something with 2-stage?

I think he means it's unfortunate but necessary to now have 2 stage verification & more these days, such is the amount of scamming going on.

• Supporters

Sorry to hear that you've been targeted by the one grifting amoral hustling sociopathic waste of oxygen in Brixton. The rest of the hard working upstanding moral law abiding populace there must be hanging their heads in shame.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

Sorry to hear this, for what it's worth - Consider any email from @protonmail.com a scam, it's encrypted and harder to trace people using it hence scammers using it.

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Sorry to hear that you've been targeted by the one grifting amoral hustling sociopathic waste of oxygen in Brixton. The rest of the hard working upstanding moral law abiding populace there must be hanging their heads in shame.

Brixton is pretty gentrified these days. It's not all Yardies and drugs y'know.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.