Swapping From Nimh to Li-po Batteries for Umarex Ump Sportline

Sam-Bristol123

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone sorry if something similar has already been asked but this is my first post . Bought a UMP 45 sportline for my first SMG as i go CQB. It came with a 8.4v 1100mah NiMH battery and want to replace it for Lipo or Li-on however not sure what battery to get. The battery sits above the barrel and is fed from the back with the stock folded away. It's a round stick battery measuring only 1.6cm in width so I need something very thin but can't seem to find anything that will fit. 

Thanks guys 

16012050187742447146110062659261.jpg

16012050483449056988201385520760.jpg

• Supporters

Componentshop is your best bet, big choice & good prices.

As for switching battery types, should be no issues but lipos are 7.4 or 11.1, recommend you stick with 7.4 to start with.

I've also been told (and used ) 7.4v lipos are good for 8.4v NiMH batteries. 

But yes, I think you might struggle getting a lipo to fit there. Is running a batter bag/box an option? VP batteries are pretty thin, but I think they might be too wide then. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Sam-Bristol123 said:

So do I just need to find one that fits in the same slot as my battery? Because that's what I'm struggling with considering all lipo's seem to be rectangle that I have seen

Check the dimensions of your battery against those on componentshops website, if in doubt call them, they're very helpful with this kinda stuff.

Incidentally, lipos come in all shapes and sizes, you'll definitely get what you need.

2 hours ago, Old man Jay said:

ASG 7.4V 1300 mAh Lipo Battery – Stick Type Tamiya connector is what i use in my ump, fits perfectly.

Do you mind showing me which one you got. My battery is 16mm in diameter but they seem too be 18-20mm did your ump come with the same stick battery as mine?

2 hours ago, Old man Jay said:

ASG 7.4V 1300 mAh Lipo Battery – Stick Type Tamiya connector is what i use in my ump, fits perfectly.

Seems as though a lot of ak battery should fit. From what I can see online. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.