Converting G17 to Co2

EnergoN

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

I've decided to finally get my hands on a G17 replica and so far I have the 2 brands that I am choosing between are TM and WE. So the problem now is I don't want a Green Gas pistol anymore, had really bad experience once and since my field allows Co2 pistols and the fps limit is a bit higher I can use it with no problems. What brand would be better to chose and will be the easiest to convert since I am not an expert in to gbb, if I buy a TM the slide change with a metal one is a MUST, will the WE CO2 mags fit in the TM and what else do I have to change and what is recommended. 

Thanks a lot and have a nice day!

3 hours ago, EnergoN said:

Hello,

I've decided to finally get my hands on a G17 replica and so far I have the 2 brands that I am choosing between are TM and WE. So the problem now is I don't want a Green Gas pistol anymore, had really bad experience once and since my field allows Co2 pistols and the fps limit is a bit higher I can use it with no problems. What brand would be better to chose and will be the easiest to convert since I am not an expert in to gbb, if I buy a TM the slide change with a metal one is a MUST, will the WE CO2 mags fit in the TM and what else do I have to change and what is recommended. 

Thanks a lot and have a nice day!

if you must WE you can already get WE co2 mags. https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/we-europe-eu-series-25rnd-co2-magazine

If you're in the market for a G17, I'd say wait for the GHK.  It's release sounds imminent depending on when Umarex gets done fucking around re. licensing.  CO2 mags are planned for it. 

3 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

If you're in the market for a G17, I'd say wait for the GHK.  It's release sounds imminent depending on when Umarex gets done fucking around re. licensing.  CO2 mags are planned for it. 

It definitely sounds like it's going to be something big but the price also. So I wanted to gather some information from experienced glock users and gbb experts what would be the best platform for CO2 regarding to the internal and external changes that have to be done so it can hold the power of the CO2 - WE or TM.

If you're set on going for CO2, don't get a TM. It's just the complete opposite of what they're designed for and you'd essentially have to replace most parts. WE are "OK" on CO2 but their mags are terrible. I've owned five WE G Series CO2 mags and only one didn't arrive leaking or start leaking soon after.  

This was the best CO2 Glock I owned by a country mile:

https://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-rifles-pistols-c38/pistols-c42/umarex-glock-17-co2-blowback-pistol-deluxe-kit-p8682

Yes it's a fair bit more than the WE but 100% worth it IMO....plus it comes with a CNC aluminium slide and nice pistol case.

• 4 weeks later...

A little late to the thread, but, having built many G17's there are some pitfalls to avoid for co2.

Firstly, id say that i love my co2 builds, but the ones i have are scratch built and use alot of steel components, which for me is great in a realism sense as they're heavy, but this is a costly route to go down.  co2 is going to put alot of stress on components so they do need to be built accordingly.  Particularly steel chassis, hammer assembly and slide, paying attention to the hammer spring too, light striking the mag valve causes alot of issues with cycling and performance due to the higher pressures in the co2 magazine (i find that the APS 200% hammer spring works well here).

I've found that even stuff bought as 'co2 ready' really isn't when you look at all the components together, although i've no experience of the Umarex co2 and i would trust GHK to do a good job. 

In essence i love co2 for lots of reasons, mainly consistency in performance throughout the year, especially in the colder months, but they do need care and attention, of course you can upgrade/change parts as you go along!  co2 will destroy stock TM's very quickly though!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.