Chiappa Rhino 6mm Charging Rhino Ltd Edition(allegedly)

sonofsammo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Arrived today.
And fucking hell, it's lovely!

Comes in its own fitted case, which is nice.
I'll get the foibles out of the way first.
1. The hammer bears no relation to function. It's not attached to the trigger. But it is. If you pull the trigger, the hammer doesn't move. But, you can pull the hammer back (although it won't stay back) so you have a single stage trigger.
2.  It's hot, so I need to get some power down shells and hope they fit.
3. It's a LTD edition - and mine is 1/500. As is every other picture of one on the internet 😞 
The sights are lovely fibre optic jobbies, allowing a cracking sight picture.
Swinging open the cylinder is a joy, as is loading the cylinder.
I've not had the chance to shoot at targets yet, but the range seems more than acceptable (as in skirmishable) BUT, this will drop with lower power shells, I presume.
Having held the real thing, I can attest that this is an exceptionally well made homage to the original.
If you've got the dosh spare and can find one, you should definitely pick one up 😄 

IMG_20200924_125409.thumb.jpg.f54208bdb19b705fb6f7ff9008f8ef82.jpg

2 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

Arrived today.
And fucking hell, it's lovely!

Comes in its own fitted case, which is nice.
I'll get the foibles out of the way first.
1. The hammer bears no relation to function. It's not attached to the trigger. But it is. If you pull the trigger, the hammer doesn't move. But, you can pull the hammer back (although it won't stay back) so you have a single stage trigger.
2.  It's hot, so I need to get some power down shells and hope they fit.
3. It's a LTD edition - and mine is 1/500. As is every other picture of one on the internet 😞 
The sights are lovely fibre optic jobbies, allowing a cracking sight picture.
Swinging open the cylinder is a joy, as is loading the cylinder.
I've not had the chance to shoot at targets yet, but the range seems more than acceptable (as in skirmishable) BUT, this will drop with lower power shells, I presume.
Having held the real thing, I can attest that this is an exceptionally well made homage to the original.
If you've got the dosh spare and can find one, you should definitely pick one up 😄 

IMG_20200924_125409.thumb.jpg.f54208bdb19b705fb6f7ff9008f8ef82.jpg

That is very nice in a fred flintstones sort of way.

Regards 

• Supporters

Cool looking gun, love the main body & grip colour, but feckin hate the black gloss cylinder, whats that about ?, makes it look like a toy (which obviously it is lol)

• 3 weeks later...

Got my not so Limited Edition a couple of days ago.

Has a steady 320-330 fps with the shells that came with it.

I've posted else where on the forum asking about speedloaders but had an answer from a gun club across the pond. Found on a gun site in the UK.

https://www.brownells.co.uk/epages/UK.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=47314

Now trying to find a holster that doesn't cost nearly as much of the gun.

20201017_183914.jpg

5 hours ago, DaktariT said:

Now trying to find a holster that doesn't cost nearly as much of the gun.

well I make custom leather holsters if you are interested =D making one for my rhino right now. Ill post pics when its done tomorrow.

• 3 months later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.