Where to Get Rid of an Air Pistol?

Minimi124246

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So quite a while ago I was given an air pistol by a colleague of mine, he found it whilst clearing his dads house out. Its an Umarex M92 fully traded, cased up and in an 'ok' condition. It's non blowback and fires pellets. I'll be honest and say its really not my cup of tea for several reasons.

It's certainly not new and the front sight is wobbly etc. I know its really not worth anything, so I was just wondering what to do with it? I don't fancy setting up a gunstar/guntrader account just to sell a single air pistol for probably £25 at best, and by time shipping has been considered IF it sells, it seems like hassle for no reward. I'm not a fan of the M92 platform so no good as a wall hanger etc. 

If anyone has any ideas on getting it out of the way it would be much appreciated, don't have much experience with this kind of thing and don't want to fall foul of any laws.

Cheers :)

You might be surprised at it's value.  I had one of these about 20 years ago and the same model sells for £300 now.  Even if it's a bit banged up, I would hope it's worth more than £25.

2 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

You might be surprised at it's value.  I had one of these about 20 years ago and the same model sells for £300 now.  Even if it's a bit banged up, I would hope it's worth more than £25.

🤞ooh, that sounds like its worth the hassle

1 hour ago, Schnakey said:

Umarex boys club forum? What's the finish/grip material? Can give you an approx value to ask for.

Looks like just black plastic bud, I have attached some pics if that's any use? I'll have a scout about the Umarex boys club forum.

1 hour ago, Super64 said:

Zeroin has an “other gun types” section where people can list anything not airsoft, air guns, deacs, etc. May be worth a try. A lot of the members on here are also members there.

Ha, yeah I'm on zeroin, thought it died years ago. Would definitely be worth a look if its alive and kicking again.

Thanks for all the tip offs guys :)

1762C746-BDEC-446A-92AE-C10566F81DCE.jpeg

332B66AC-71AB-46D7-B6A3-FAF0D5F38E2A.jpeg

461984FF-59AB-4A10-8C9E-76DD19388DE6.jpeg

Just now, hitmanNo2 said:

Those are £200 new so worth the hassle.

Sweet, I'll have to join up to the umarex forum then and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up 👍

26 minutes ago, Minimi124246 said:

Sweet, I'll have to join up to the umarex forum then and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up 👍

Is that the one that has an eight shot rotary mag?

They definitely aren't £200 new, I can have one on my doorstep for £160. 

That's an early one with the older shiny finish and worth a little more than a modern one, probably around £120 or so used. Weirdly that's in the wrong box, if you have the compensator and optional sights it may have come with as separate accessories that's another £100.

No, there’s no compensator or extra sights, but now that you mention it there is a cut out in the foam of the case 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Yep 8 shot rotary confirmed. 

Well, with any luck there will be someone somewhere that wants it to get it off my hands and out of the way. 

I had one as well. Powered by co2. They became the next best thing after the gun ban. We used them at gun club for police pistol comps.

You are right.the competition models had the compensator and longer barrel.

Regards 

That one is the top dollar, Chrome, Compensator/weight and Wood Grips that would be worth a fe pennies.  As for the OP's gun definitely worth a few quid.  As a rule never throw a gun broken or otherwise away, its always worth something to some one and it keeps one more runout there, much to th politicians annoyance. :)

On 28/09/2020 at 01:27, BigAl said:

That one is the top dollar, Chrome, Compensator/weight and Wood Grips that would be worth a fe pennies.  As for the OP's gun definitely worth a few quid.  As a rule never throw a gun broken or otherwise away, its always worth something to some one and it keeps one more runout there, much to th politicians annoyance. :)

It's one I'd never sell, limited run of 5 with engraving to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the UBC.

Thanks all for your input. Interesting to see the history of them, mad to think they hark back to 96-97ish if they were popular after the ban. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.