Grange Bravo One Closing

Lozart

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Seems their landlord is being a tosser.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/959971977469022/permalink/2041265962672946

Site announcement
So for those who have visited us since the end of lockdown you will already be aware of the many physical changes on site, and that many of our team are no longer with us.
We have unfortunately been unable to reach any kind of workable deal with our landlords over the Covid shutdown, and the joy of social distancing laws have meant most of the non airsoft activities that we used to run are no longer able to take place.
After having looked to find any other solution we have been forced to conclude that we will not be able to continue operate at Bravo One once the business rates holiday ends.
We will be operating our full schedule of shoots, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday up until mid December. Private Saturday shoots are still available until then as well.
But after that we will be closing up the doors and taking the site down.
Its been an amazing 4 years with you guys, and we hope to see as many of you possible join us over the next few moths to help us see the site off in style.

Shame. I never got to visit but it sounded pretty awesome.

• Supporters

Oh, bugger, very sorry to hear that.

Note that the rates holiday is just deferring bills, not writing them off.  I very much fear that a lot of businesses are going to simply wrap up rather than pay up. :(

Is that the Grange that's in Birmingham city centre.the indoor cqb site? I hope not 😢

16 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Yup the city centre one. Sad times but understandable in this day and age....

That is a damn shame. Have played there a few times now.was a great venue.good food as well.will miss it lots ☹☹

• Supporters

I'm hopeful that a lot of sites will come back once [we've defeated the virus | sanity is restored].  The demand will be there.  It's just a damn shame to see sites close that have had a lot of work done to them.  But they can be rebuilt, and we will come.

Not being on faceache I missed the news. Grange is a great site and loosing it is shame, I've played there quite a bit and had some great days there.

On 24/09/2020 at 19:19, Rogerborg said:

I'm hopeful that a lot of sites will come back once [we've defeated the virus | sanity is restored].  The demand will be there.  It's just a damn shame to see sites close that have had a lot of work done to them.  But they can be rebuilt, and we will come.

Possible silver lining from all of this is that shops who move to a heavier online model might leave a surplus of buildings that landlords can rent out (like the new Zed place)

• Supporters
6 hours ago, rj1986 said:

Possible silver lining from all of this is that shops who move to a heavier online model might leave a surplus of buildings that landlords can rent out (like the new Zed place)

[Points at swingeing business rates that take no account of the tenant's ability to pay, slips into the all concealing shadows]

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.