What Is Dis Above a Traffic Light?

Leonine

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I go confused on holiday and may have gone over the white line but not through the junction at a traffic light. Is this a sensor for the crossings or a proper camera as never seen it in my life 🤔

D35D0A01-A2B4-4ADB-93B9-336435D71D36.jpeg

• Supporters

little known facts, traffic lights are like spider plants.

what you're seeing there is the baby sprout that will soon make its way to pastures new, plant roots and grow into a fully fledged traffic light.

5 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Probably a red light camera, as long as you didn’t jump the light you should be fine

I skipped the line but didn’t go through the junction. 
I thought traffic light cameras are normally down the road or up high not on traffic lights. As there is crossings but no other sensor like thing on lights. Just never seen it before.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

Those, I think, are IR sensors used to detect movement rather than a specific vehicle. They'll be used for timing lights.

• Supporters
15 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Those, I think, are IR sensors used to detect movement rather than a specific vehicle. They'll be used for timing lights.

This. When the road doesn't have induction loop sensors fitted (the square patterns of tar on the road in front of the lights) they use IR/laser sensors to detect vehicle presence in the lane.

18 hours ago, Leonine said:

I skipped the line but didn’t go through the junction. 

Your goin'dahn sunshine! Lol

😄

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.