My Apoc Build

remus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

33 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

mp5? opens up the backstory to police armouries as well as military.

Admittedly it has crossed my mind. Perhaps if I replace my ICS with a WE Apache then I can mess up the ICS to reflect a post-apoc setting/feel although I also appreciate arguments where people have suggested that if you had any knowledge you'd do everything you could to protect and preserve the condition to ensure reliability... decisions...

• Supporters
1 hour ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Admittedly it has crossed my mind. Perhaps if I replace my ICS with a WE Apache then I can mess up the ICS to reflect a post-apoc setting/feel although I also appreciate arguments where people have suggested that if you had any knowledge you'd do everything you could to protect and preserve the condition to ensure reliability... decisions...

Guess it depends on the scenario but the theme with most post apocalyptic stuff is keeping something operational with limited to no manufacturer spares and stacking repairs on top of repairs because you havent a hope of replacing it.

Yup hodge pode... from my searches iv came sucrose a wide variety of such including oilman suppressors and aks built with a shovel stock... some even using the shovel as a bayonets... a few replacement bits made out of whatever you have to hand combined with not quite letting your weapon go but probably excessive wear and tear with lack of ability to upkeep for long term... paint being kept optimal isn't as important as keeping internals turning over... 

Hi @remus! 👋

Recently I put on my status, a quick DIY solution, which is an option you can use, on my AK! 🔫

I used a simple cable tie to secure the top rail, some camo tape wrapped around the gas tube, with a rail attachment to secure the front! 🤔

Simple little apocalyptic effect, check it out and you can see what I mean! 🤪👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Hi @remus! 👋

Thank you for adding yourself to follow! 🔫😎👍

Also tomorrow’s video, will be mentioning an apocalyptic idea for my RIF, is it ok to give you a shoutout for the idea? 🔫🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

May has problem. Tried armour on once I'd dried it (apparently too cold in my roofspace ) with my jacket and it's too tight... and iv lost weight... May need to cut a few seams or some such... or figure it without jacket... but that'll ruin the minuteman vibe... dratt

Hi @remus! 👋

Loosing weight that’s good! 😁👍

All part of the fun, you will find a solution to this problem! 🤔🤞

I’ve made one small progress with my Apocalyptic RIF, just need to test it out! 🔫🤪🤞

💷GAMBLE💷

Be sure to show your progress!

Slightly distracted today. Did a lil rust on my torch and decided after like 2 years to finally heat treat a mask I had bought to get it to sit nicer. Needs a lot of work yet as will be adding mesh lenses. Considering adding fan in the beak or even communication stuff... May add external greebles. Has to get dirt and maby rust and more other works on the paint too. Does give a fairly decent idea of what I'm thinking atm though. May combine with the equivalent of a captain America helm... open to ideas though. 

20210303_135549.jpg

20210303_134547.jpg

Hi @remus! 👋

Run into a few issues, but have a few over options, might need to invest in a few parts? 🤔💷😤

Nice mask, reminds me of the plague doctors, Black Death! 🤪👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Plague doc was my first thought on seeing it. So great minds was thinking like a scifi version but now will likely go a bit more post apoc. Am also thinking of essentially a scratch built pipboy with a spare phone and add pics of the sites will be at for quick reference when planning missions on site...iv plenty of leather spare to try so why not....

Always the way. No plan ever survives contact with the enemy... most don't make it that far....

Hi @remus! 👋

Is there any more details on the event you went to, just had a quick browse of the sight, nothing yet!?.... 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

• 2 weeks later...

Slight progress. Little detailing and clearing of scraps in the back. Found an old lense that will hopefully work when I figure out how I'll be attaching it. Made eyeholes harder and reduced the blind spot. Will not be able to see my hands... considering a fake bone armour to match with this mask at some point. Have messed a bit with potential colours on m4 but needs more dirt and rust. When I get back to testing it will update...

20210313_154437.jpg

I thought you had inexplicably stuck a little bottle of red tracer BBs on the top of that. 

And then I realised it was a pink Himalayan salt grinder in the background.

29 minutes ago, DRay said:

I thought you had inexplicably stuck a little bottle of red tracer BBs on the top of that. 

And then I realised it was a pink Himalayan salt grinder in the background.

Must admit I thought something along those lines lol

• 4 months later...

Hi @remus! 👋

Funny, I’m playing Metro Exodus, just makes me want to continue my Apocalyptic Loadout! 🤪

Also have modified my RPK, with some additional parts, still might give it more? 🤔

Also got my favourite side arm, which on its own can be a primary weapon, with some good range! 🤪👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Edited by GAMBLE

sounds good. i probably should get some form of ak at some point for this sort of thing but money... sigh. for now its making what i have and can work with do what i need to. most of it is only visuals tbf and with the limited time im firing into it im happy with the progress. when i get to do some work on the m4 i think itll get more interesting for peeps

theres always more o do and ways people mod some apoc guns has me going wat ta frig alot. if its normal and can be adjusted to replace a normal part they will. course i like what i do to be reversible

Slight update with a torch. We'll headlight that fits quite nicely to my hat. Painted to look dirty  rusted metal. One light coloured red so to signify dead in game(never got around to that for the last game) came out alright and should do the job. Have been repainting the shinguards to match the torso more for the look than anything. Probably need to varnish the lot to help it survive getting shot a bit

20210803_185110.jpg

20210803_185106.jpg

20210803_185102.jpg

20210803_185058.jpg

20210803_185049.jpg

20210803_185045.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.