My Apoc Build

remus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Signed up for an apoc game. May get cancelled but sure ima try an apoc load out anyway. So tonight started on my Tommy. Took all the plastic wood furniture. Started trying bits and pieces to see what can work. And currently come up with this...

Obviously keeping my drummag. Batteries into foregrip from my mp5. Will be painted to look like some form of fuel canister and taped on. Old single binoc for a sight( have much yo do on that but likely cable tied on.)

M4 raised front sight and possible that front d grip thing... 

Stock is actually an old shower head bar holder... Will be cut down and bolted on. 

Grip I've taped up and thinking to wrap in extra cables and tape over further to look botched

Power cables will be external and taped up to look extra sci-fi. 

Thoughts sofar? Much will likely fail change etc. Am trying yo get everything to look and be temporary. Will also probably repaint my m4 as a backup anyway. Probably my pistols too... plus have to sort clothes and belts etc. Awaiting more info on the gangs to start those...

20200922_230431.jpg

• Supporters

Its a good thing the aim of this build is to look like its made of a bunch of crap found lying around.

Means i can say without guilt that it looks like a bunch of crap you found lying around :P

Love the ideas going into this, looking forward to seeing it come together. 

As to clothes and belts etc there is a lot to be said for charity shops and sandpaper.

Can't we have a whip round for the poor chap? It's heartbreaking to see! ☹lol

Regards 

Cheers! For belts iv a load of them as have had my family collecting them for years as I was making medieval style Sheila's and they great for making grips. My dremmel is going to have its work cut out.... thinking some form of chest piece armour a belt for pistol mag and ccw. Trench coat if it still fits will do the most. Waiting to see the gang symbols so I can figure direction for head gear... much to do but least I can start on gun lol

Will be good.to see it all when finished.🙂

It will likely get worse... armour and such i will eventually get if this community keeps these games going. Thinking mish mash armour and possibly some home made cloth and glue armour. Going to try a face mask out of it...

Updates. Cut stock to length but need yo shape it and fill so I dont cut my hand off... 

Playing with flash hider as the original was glued and it has no ccw so cut up a spare m4 one and plan to wrap it in a cut up tin can... scope done for now. Removed all glass and taped it up and inserted pins as a form of crosshair that I likely won't use. But looks the part. May rig some form of iron sight. 

20200926_214017.jpg

20200926_212650.jpg

Wire wrap around grip added over gearbox and taped up(should be enough layers to protect the gearbox. Made and added tin can suppressor. Seems to sit pretty nicely. Not sure on the handguard if it going to work. Have thoughts of cutting up some form of deodorant can and bolting it on if it doesn't work... 

20200927_180646.thumb.jpg.011060f8909de599562dcec4d6fd1e32.jpg

20200927_144221.jpg

Slow and steady... most of Tommy paint job done. Not sure if stock will work but will focus on the rest of its build and assembly then unifying the wear. 

Goggles painted and wear applied to look like aged brass. Hat wear started. Much to do to it.

Lower face started. Alot to go on it but first attempt to make from scratch. Old material soaked in woodglue and stretched over a chepo plastic one. Once set pealed off. Alot to add to get it looking more apoc but is on the way. 

My old trenchcoat doesn't fit(damm you lockdown) so I need to either fix it or find another... charity shops beware...

20201004_140558.jpg

20201004_140556.jpg

20201004_140553.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi @remus! 👋

Late to this topic, impressive work put into the RIF and loadout! 🔫😎👍

Curious about this event, any info on it? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

Cheers! Will get a few pics of individual components of the load out. Much of it only came together in the last few days. 

This was for a site near me in Northern Ireland called frv. The came was called the void. Its the first in their post apocalyptic series. As far as I know its Northern Ireland first. Seems to be quite a few quite big events in England. Zombie ones seem to be the opener for most. But anyway... this was set 10 years post nuclear war. Supposed to be no common or plate carriers etc. We had logos for teams and pretty basic info. The team I picked the Eastern Isle trading company make me think of East India trade co... made me think minute men from fallout... trench coat didn't fit so cut sleeves off. Found a hat. Weathered everything. Boom. Also watched a bunch of videos on such. Mostly a guy called nuclear snail... I did enjoy the games much as definitely was a few issues with rules and communication but 90%of my team went to effort on costume and I definitely enjoyed that aspect. I came 3rd in the costume contest too. Only nets me a bayonet but its just as nice s bit of recognition.

Have also set up a group as a result to try and build a community in ni and maby get some movement with it. Also seemed yo irritate geardos which I love doing lol

• 1 month later...

So rather than start a new thread... apparently there's more games comming so rather than a new loadout I want to keep working on this one when I get a chance. This time I'll work more on the m4 more but not sure what exactly I should do. Any thought/ suggestions?

Hi @remus! 👋

Found this a while back, spot yourself and friends! 🤪👍

With your M4.... a few possible ideas, tape, minor paint (Mags, clan, slogans), crazy camo paint, odd attachments, etc? 🔫🤔

I’ve been adding things to my Winchester, putting up a video tomorrow? 😆

Hope this helps? 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Yeah I pop up a few times in that video... my team was defending the morning sickness missed most of the video stuff... but we won so worth it...  am thinking I may do some hazard stripes and such but not quite set on what where... 

20201118_151548.jpg

Sounds cool, hopefully gets better! 🔫😎👍

Hazard stripes, good choice, me I would put them on the mags, makes a statement when used! 🔫🤪👍

💷GAMBLE💷

• 5 weeks later...
On 23/09/2020 at 13:55, PopRocket123 said:

Not sure if it'll fit with the look you're going for but I've got plans to use one of these for a sci fi/post apocalyptic loadout some day. With a bit of weathering I bet it'd look mint

2030158907-1130566777.jpg

So guess what I picked up cheap(£15) as it was white and am now in the process of painting and weathering. It's actually comming up decent even if iv done a few obvious mistakes. 

Undercoated grey. Attacked with a blade a bit but probably not enough. Sprayed silver and then before it set dusted with iron powder. When that dried dusted with salt and sprayed with vinegar. May Drybrook a bit more metal over and seal before another rust up... quite liking where the rust is going...

20210211_181134.jpg

20210216_112920.jpg

20210216_113411.jpg

More progress, always intriguing seeing ideas, sometimes you don’t think of! 🤔👍

Also looks like an evil face! 🤪

💷GAMBLE💷

I keep toying with the idea of putting together a rifle with post apocalyptic styling (or cyberpunk perhaps) but unfortunately the only L1A1/FN FAL I'm aware of is the abomination from Ares.

Admittedly I'd probably be better off with something significantly shorter but I was trying to consider weapons which might be found in armouries in the UK. I suppose this logic would lead to the argument of an L85 but I quite fancy something from the Cold War era, perhaps early 90's at a push.

Excellent work on the outfit to say the least and the gun certainly looks the part.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

I keep toying with the idea of putting together a rifle with post apocalyptic styling (or cyberpunk perhaps) but unfortunately the only L1A1/FN FAL I'm aware of is the abomination from Ares.

Admittedly I'd probably be better off with something significantly shorter but I was trying to consider weapons which might be found in armouries in the UK. I suppose this logic would lead to the argument of an L85 but I quite fancy something from the Cold War era, perhaps early 90's at a push.

Excellent work on the outfit to say the least and the gun certainly looks the part.

mp5? opens up the backstory to police armouries as well as military.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.