Maruzen M1100

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Picked it up in a trade deal, will likely keep it, but interested to know what if might be worth.

original box, 29shells.

Pretty good but not perfect condition, I’ve replaced the piston head with a  decent Tm G17 one, reduced the trigger pull and enhanced the ejector with the steel modification so it doesn’t wear out.

A5624B70-DC15-40CE-A70C-E992D2A0830E.jpeg

7142B03F-173E-41E6-9B99-34D6E7918597.jpeg

Hi, sold an unskirmished one, in box 30 shells, about a week ago.

£250.

I've picked them up before for around the 50 quid mark but they were unboxed shorter ones.

9 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Hi, sold an unskirmished one, in box 30 shells, about a week ago.

£250.

I've picked them up before for around the 50 quid mark but they were unboxed shorter ones.

Lol, of course you did 😂😂😂.

There were 30 shells, one fired itself under my shed whilst I was testing the ejector modification 😊

I’m pretty sure I’m keeping it, I love it, even though it’s likely to end up in an AA-12 😈

On 25/09/2020 at 07:37, rocketdogbert said:

Lol, of course you did 😂😂😂.

There were 30 shells, one fired itself under my shed whilst I was testing the ejector modification 😊

I’m pretty sure I’m keeping it, I love it, even though it’s likely to end up in an AA-12 😈

They fit inside Marui spas 12 bodies.

FB_IMG_1601235842795.jpg

It should, also be plenty of space for an internal gas tank. However, how are you going to have it mag fed?

Having had many apart in the past I don't see how you could make one magazine fed.

35 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

It should, also be plenty of space for an internal gas tank. However, how are you going to have it mag fed?

Having had many apart in the past I don't see how you could make one magazine fed.

I have several options, but it’s a long way down the line yet 👍🏻

I'd be intrigued as to your plans too.  I've laid an M1100 on an AA12 trying to work out how to it.  I figured you'd need to use the M1100's tube mag and the AA12 mag would just be for show but there is so much stuff that just doesn't line up.

3 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

I'd be intrigued as to your plans too.  I've laid an M1100 on an AA12 trying to work out how to it.  I figured you'd need to use the M1100's tube mag and the AA12 mag would just be for show but there is so much stuff that just doesn't line up.

Thats what fabrication is for lol

Interesting project... the M1100 gas system is pretty much bulletproof. A weak spot is is the fake bolt. I had a few snap at the attaching point to the blowback mechanism when putting high pressure gas through it, but it'd be straightforward to fab up a flat AA-12 shaped bolt out of steel or alu.

55 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Interesting project... the M1100 gas system is pretty much bulletproof. A weak spot is is the fake bolt. I had a few snap at the attaching point to the blowback mechanism when putting high pressure gas through it, but it'd be straightforward to fab up a flat AA-12 shaped bolt out of steel or alu.

it’s a good system, but being made of pot metal means it has a number of inherent weakness’

First thing I did was put a steel ejector in it, second was making a much lighter trigger.

Honestly, I think the two biggest issues will be getting it to lock back on empty, and reworking the fire control group to allow for full auto.

Im in no rush, however, I have all winter 👍🏻

Since the AA-12 is open-bolt (i think), could instead of a lock open device have something on the mag follower that blocks the trigger so it stops shooting with the bolt closed after the last shot?

Sorry, I'm sure you've got loads of ideas... it's just Maruzen shotguns and the tinkering of were very much my thing :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.