Airsoft and Covid Restrictions While Playing on Site - Thoughts?

clumpyedge

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, MiK said:

I wonder if things have changed now with the “no indoor sports allowed”

even the Scots, Welsh & NI seem to have stated the same.........

I can't find it mentioned in the Scotch announcements today.  Has anything been added/clarified?

But then having actually read last weeks regulations, I reckon indoor has already been criminalised up here.

The question is who knows, and who cares, about that.

I personally am still willing to play, indoors or out, for reasons overly detailed elsewhere.

However, I fully respect the choice of anyone who wants to give it a break for now though

I don’t think a case if if you’re prepared to play or not anymore, it will be will the site’s be prepared to chance the £10000 fine ?

All it will take for some disgruntled neighbour of the site calling in the old bill and bad times had by all if they catch 7 in a group if/when they rock up.....

TBH most of this could have been avoided if the minority actually followed the rules 

/addition ms sturgeon had a little press conference right after Bozzer’s and was chattering about curfew’s

5 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Where are all these extra bobbies coming from then? Are they gonna be quickly cultivated and force grown.

We had a bloody huge shortage of police before this hit.why.have we suddenly got more?

From standing outside No10, nuclear power stations, behind reception desks etc.

Then sign off some overtime and they will work longer shifts.

They aren't big numbers.

1 minute ago, Tommikka said:

From standing outside No10

I think they will have to put more outside no 10 not less! Lol 

Look out Boris 😉

Regards 

29 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

They also covered bin & fire strikes back in the 70s and 80s etc 

'Start wiggley daydream lines'

I remember  back in the early seventies when they had the green goddesses fire engines manned by territorial lads stationed at church halls and such. That was when the brigade went on strike. 

'End wiggley daydream lines'

🤭🤭

Regards 

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, MiK said:

I don’t think a case if if you’re prepared to play or not anymore, it will be will the site’s be prepared to chance the £10000 fine ?

Indeed, it's a tough call for site owners to make.  They have to trust that none of the Police, Council, HSE or newly fledged Covid Blockwarts will cry foul.  Having a permission slip from one of them won't protect you from the others.

6 minutes ago, MiK said:

TBH most of this could have been avoided if the minority actually followed the rules 

Mmm.  That's certainly an interpretation that's being encouraged, for various definitions of this, avoided, minorities, and rules.

My personal opinion - and many others are available - is that a pre-winter crackdown was always coming at this point, irrespective of how naughty or nice we'd been.

Observation: my local supermarket had already re-introduced managed queueing last Saturday morning, while they were mostly empty and before any of this was announced. They'd clearly been tipped off that something was brewing.

But we are where we are, and nobody's going to take to the streets to demand justice for airsofting.

Deep breaths, and please let's not turn on each other. We're all just monkeys being infected by something that's arguably not even a lifeform.  This too shall pass.

20 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Indeed, it's a tough call for site owners to make.  They have to trust that none of the Police, Council, HSE or newly fledged Covid Blockwarts will cry foul.  Having a permission slip from one of them won't protect you from the others.

Mmm.  That's certainly an interpretation that's being encouraged, for various definitions of this, avoided, minorities, and rules.

My personal opinion - and many others are available - is that a pre-winter crackdown was always coming at this point, irrespective of how naughty or nice we'd been.

Observation: my local supermarket had already re-introduced managed queueing last Saturday morning, while they were mostly empty and before any of this was announced. They'd clearly been tipped off that something was brewing.

But we are where we are, and nobody's going to take to the streets to demand justice for airsofting.

Deep breaths, and please let's not turn on each other. We're all just monkeys being infected by something that's arguably not even a lifeform.  This too shall pass.

Definatly no surprises

I was joking about whether it’s time to panic buy again yet - then I went Sunday afternoon shopping 

It May have been just coincidence with slow shelf restocking before closing time, but particular shelves were low or empty again  - painkillers, pasta, pasta & pizza sauces

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

Definatly no surprises

I was joking about whether it’s time to panic buy again yet - then I went Sunday afternoon shopping 

It May have been just coincidence with slow shelf restocking before closing time, but particular shelves were low or empty again  - painkillers, pasta, pasta & pizza sauces

I got my toiler paper, flour and baked beans re-stocked on Saturday morning.  My Strategic Pasta Reserve from lockdown 1.0 is still replete though.

9 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I got my toiler paper, flour and baked beans re-stocked on Saturday morning.  My Strategic Pasta Reserve from lockdown 1.0 is still replete though.

Same! although we thought ourselves to make our own pasta at Clumpy HQ so providing we have enough flour and eggs pasta is in abundance.

After experiencing the after effects of eating nothing but MREs for a weekend game a few years ago I agree. What you save on toilet paper will probably go towards reconstructive surgery 

• Supporters

Lol, I'm not sure about recent types of mre's, I'm of the 80's compo generation, great stuff, eat it for weeks & barely a poop, but get back to civilization & eat some normal grub..............stampede 💩🤣

JH_soldiers1_july15_web.jpg

2 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

The day you become unclogged though is like trying to pass a watermelon.

A water melon coated in crushed glass I’d add!

It was either that or shit into a hole in a forest with the ever constant threat of getting bumped and having to simultaneously fight and pull your trousers up

Our local outdoor site has been open every weekend (alternating Saturday and Sundays) since lockdown restrictions were eased and allowed it. 

They have restrictions in place - pre book only, max numbers, hand sanitizer, track and trace, no inside buildings only games etc. 

I feel ok going to it, mostly as I usually know the majority of people there and trust them not to turn up with symptoms, however I do stick to some precautions - I now always use the outside safe zone tables, I stay playing outside of the buildings on site, and generally wear a mask during breifings etc when we are closer together. I have found myself playing a more of a ranged playing style rather than getting up close. 

It has been fun, and nice to see everyone again as we have not played since away  last year(!) And getting outside for the whole day make a great change as I have been stuck working from home since February 😔

Untill governments say we can nolonger attend organised sports, I'll probably keep going every fortnite for a game. Yesterday I went up to take pictures for them, which was also fun. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.