Info

Sime

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Probably need to know a bit more! Front or rear wired? Tamia or Deans? Do they have a MOSFET fitted? Size of battery compartment, etc...

12 hours ago, Asomodai said:

The M249 box mag is too slow to feed anything on more then a 7.4v lipo. 

Thought I’d test this, having picked up an A&K MK46 over lockdown. 500rds later, I’d better get the hoover out in the workshop!

My box mag keeps up with a 2600Mah 25c 11.1v Lipo in the context of a high torque build, (M100, Shs High Torque, 18:1) and has a reliable 23-24RPS output although I’m not sure you’d want an LMG delivering a higher ROF?! It'd start to get expensive if you were laying down a bag of 0.28's per minute!

Ignoring the battery, The hop chamber  in the MK46 is a bit shit and the new V2 Airsoft Pro unit is a worthwhile replacement for consistency. With a bit of feedlip shaving you can get a Maple Leaf 50 and nub in there and have an LMG that offers the same range as all the other AEGs on the field (as opposed to sometimes!)

10 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

Thought I’d test this, having picked up an A&K MK46 over lockdown. 500rds later, I’d better get the hoover out in the workshop!

My box mag keeps up with a 2600Mah 25c 11.1v Lipo in the context of a high torque build, (M100, Shs High Torque, 18:1) and has a reliable 23-24RPS output. I’m not sure you’d want an LMG delivering a higher ROF?! 

Ignoring the battery, The hop chamber  in the MK46 is a bit shit and the new V2 Airsoft Pro unit is a worthwhile replacement for consistency. With a bit of feedlip shaving you can get a Maple Leaf 50 and nub in there and have an LMG that offers the same range as all the other AEGs on the field (as opposed to sometimes!)

Mine is a balanced build with a ZCI 16TPA Neo motor and 18:1 gears. On a fully charged 7.4v its fine. As soon as I go to a 9.9v life or 11.1v it starts skipping cycles. I dont recall the RPS at the moment. I also have the AP V2 unit with a shaved ML bucking. 

I suspect that your ZCI is an appreciably faster motor and you're getting a similar rate of fire out of yours on a 7.4 as I am on an 11.1!

With the Airsoft Pro V2, numerical values on a hop unit are now a must have feature for me. More hop?Good satisfying "click" too! 

1 minute ago, Alimcd said:

I suspect that your ZCI is an appreciably faster motor and you're getting a similar rate of fire out of yours on a 7.4 as I am on an 11.1!

With the Airsoft Pro V2, numerical values on a hop unit are now a must have feature for me. More hop?Good satisfying "click" too! 

I had to shim my plastic nub to get enough lift. It is a nice satisfying click, though 5 cant lift .25s enough, but 6 lifts them too much! I might go to .28s or .23s instead. Or drill a new hole in the adjustment wheel. 

15 hours ago, Asomodai said:

The M249 box mag is too slow to feed anything on more then a 7.4v lipo. 

No its not my m249 runs fine on a 11.1 lipo and i do up to 300 round bursts at times standard box mags no modifications the the mags at all

1 hour ago, Keithlag said:

No its not my m249 runs fine on a 11.1 lipo and i do up to 300 round bursts at times standard box mags no modifications the the mags at all

With Asomodai's set up, he's probably getting 30+RPS out of his 11.1 and the mag is struggling to keep up. I've built a lower speed set up and at 23-24 RPS the mag feeds fine. With the stock motor and an 11.1v I was getting 18RPS (according to my chrono) and it fed fine. It's one of those where the answer really depends on the circumstance. 

1 hour ago, Keithlag said:

With my upgrades though, it is too slow. If yours is stock, then it is possible. 

1 minute ago, Alimcd said:

With Asomodai's set up, he's probably getting 30+RPS out of his 11.1 and the mag is struggling to keep up. I've built a lower speed set up and at 23-24 RPS the mag feeds fine. With the stock motor and an 11.1v I was getting 18RPS (according to my chrono) and it fed fine. It's one of those where the answer really depends on the circumstance. 

true my one is runing 25 rps

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.