Help Gun Will Fire 5 Rounds Then Automatically Fire Till Gas Is Out

Lt. Pugwash

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all can you please help me with this gun its a co 116 sr416 D10.

this gun will fire round by round for about 10 and then fires automatically for a second or two. 

I then have to recock the gun then it will fire about 5 rounds and the gas is then out. 

I hope someone can help thanks in advance

Hi & Welcome

Sounds like the mag has a problem holding gas.

The auto happens when there isn't enough pressure to push the bolt back to the catch.

Are you filling for about 5 seconds?

Are you holding the gas bottle upside-down when filling?

Sure there are no leaks?

25 minutes ago, Lt. Pugwash said:

Hi all can you please help me with this gun its a co 116 sr416 D10.

this gun will fire round by round for about 10 and then fires automatically for a second or two. 

I then have to recock the gun then it will fire about 5 rounds and the gas is then out. 

I hope someone can help thanks in advance

Not helping but even JustBBGuns admit its a terrible rifle and it happens which is why they sell them off cheap. The manufacturer cant even work out why its happening (or they can and its not fixable/ worth the hassle)

https://www.justbbguns.co.uk/sr416-d10-co2-airsoft-gun/

19 minutes ago, Lt. Pugwash said:

I just put some seal restore on the seals and just got 45 rounds out of 1 gas. So i am going to renew all seats and hopefully it will work 

IMG_20200908_132153.jpg

Got a new 1 a few weeks ago but not told him 

Lancer Tactical make gas rifles?

Yeah, if its been stored at the manufacturer or shop for a long time the seals might be bad.

AEG's (electric) not as much fun to shoot because there's no recoil but much more reliable and a lot cheaper to run.

Why do you need parts? (Don't know any myself)  Just do a search for the part you need

I would suggest staying away from any retailer with BBgun or any variety thereof in its title.  SRC aren't the best manufacturer and neither are Lancer.  If you want to buy a decent GBBR or AEG ask on this forum first for guidance, it will save you money in the long term

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.