Facebook's BS

PopRocket123

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This is why I don’t play facebook anymore. It’s full of bullshit ads, mostly narcissistic bellends and click bait. 

This is before we even get to those poxy algorithms. These only exist to save paying a person sift through all the shite that gets pumped through the place daily. 

This algorithm is too big and too dumb to realise what’s actually being said because, much like its creator mr fuckerberg, it’s not actually human. 

Probably don’t need me to tell you that the comment was harmless!

I have never  subscribed to spacehook nor will I.

From what I can tell it's all about spreading gossip,lies and showing off. 

I have better things to do with my time than document every minute of my day.

'Wow! Just done a massive shit!' 'Better put it on Facehook,let everyone know!'

Bizarre 🤔

Regards 

• Supporters

I miss sites having old skool websites, having to travel through loads of mindless FB crap just to check on game dates etc is a total pita

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Tackle said:

I miss sites having old skool websites, having to travel through loads of mindless FB crap just to check on game dates etc is a total pita

And it means they have to sink time into answering the same very basic questions over and over and over and over and over and over and...

I suspect some of them actually enjoy the whole "lol just axs us m8" process.

The only reason I made a Facebook account again is solely to check on airsoft sites as that is where they post the pictures taken on gamedays and it's easier to ask questions.

Other than that I don't miss it one bit. Instagram was already starting tondrive me crazy so I turned that account into a work-only account and did a big purge of people I follow. (And then ofcoirse I made a 2nd account for airsoft only, which so far I only kinda regretted twice 😅)

The big problem with Facebook is that everyone is on Facebook, which means that if you don't, it's more difficult to stay in touch with people you do want to stay in touch with.

19 minutes ago, Smiling-Dutchman said:

The only reason I made a Facebook account again is solely to check on airsoft sites as that is where they post the pictures taken on gamedays and it's easier to ask questions.

Other than that I don't miss it one bit. Instagram was already starting tondrive me crazy so I turned that account into a work-only account and did a big purge of people I follow. (And then ofcoirse I made a 2nd account for airsoft only, which so far I only kinda regretted twice 😅)

The big problem with Facebook is that everyone is on Facebook, which means that if you don't, it's more difficult to stay in touch with people you do want to stay in touch with.

It's ok fella.you dont have to justify yourself to anyone. You can hang out with the fishhook crowd or party on with the Twittertwatters. No ones concern but your own.

But remember they own your soul!

Sleep tight.

🛌🤭

Regards 

7 minutes ago, Shamal said:

It's ok fella.you dont have to justify yourself to anyone. You can hang out with the fishhook crowd or party on with the Twittertwatters. No ones concern but your own.

But remember they own your soul!

Sleep tight.

🛌🤭

Regards 

Your compassion is heartwarming

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Smiling-Dutchman said:

The only reason I made a Facebook account again is solely to check on airsoft sites

Snap.

Although then I followed SMTAN, Airsoft Heretics, Forgotten Weapons, now I've just friended an ex-workmate...

<so-it-begins-meme.jpg>

I absolutely loathe social media and like many here I miss when companies actually took the time and effort to  put up a website. I've lost count at how many times I've looked at various game sites and/or events to try look at what their rules and limits are only to come up dry due to the information simply being absent. I've also lost count of the number of times I've emailed companies/sites to ask "please can you clarify your site rules as you don't have them on your website" or "please can you confirm what the requirements are for event x".

I understand that Facebook saves them some money but at the end of the day it's not what the platform is designed for, yes there are workarounds but in my experience it can hardly be called a customer friendly experience. The entire thing is made worse by Facebooks moderation methods and instances where some prat decides to take umbrage due perfectly reasonable responses/valid information.

Perhaps I'm just too engrained in my ways.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

The entire thing is made worse by Facebooks moderation methods and instances where some prat decides to take umbrage due perfectly reasonable responses/valid information.

Or someone posts "Toy gnu 4 sale" and your group gets Zucced from orbit.

That was another great thing about the Depot (chin trembles).  They had a website with everything you could need to know on it.  Site details, a "what is airsoft" section, clear and detailed rules, prohibited items, UKARA information, and all the events and booking.  They just used Facebook for announcements about new events being available, and they usually sold out in hours.  That's how you get people in through the door, rather than running a scavenger-hunt quest to seek out the secret players' sub-group and answer-me-these-questions-three riddle to get access and see the events. [Sound of teeth grinding]

I left the vast majority of airsoft faceache groups as most are the same attention seeking kids pushing their shitty goontube channel or whinning about something stupid and petty 

Right!

Rogerborg,Cannonfodder just calm down. Breath n thought the nose,out through the mouth.repeat ten time and feel the calm chasing the nasty social media tension away.

No no dont thank me.

£25 each

Same time next week?

🤭😉

Regards 

• Supporters

It's all true, most of the site FB pages are hard work to navigate, & if your lucky enough to find what your after, you'd better write it down or screenshot it 'cos you probably won't find it again lol😬

& The non site Airsoft pages are generally insane drivel & kids that shouldn't be anywhere near something that fires projectiles.

I was on a few, then one of them banned me when I spoke up about some of the idiocy being discussed, actually did me a favour cos I then looked at the others I was on & deleted most of them (before I got triggered again😬) .

1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

I left the vast majority of airsoft faceache groups as most are the same attention seeking kids pushing their shitty goontube channel or whinning about something stupid and petty 

yet you're still on this forum ;)

11 hours ago, Smiling-Dutchman said:

yet you're still on this forum ;)

I found things are generally more relaxed here with less of the drama

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.