Gun Display?

remus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Recently moved(as soon as lockdown allowed) and have the roofspace as a mancave. Planning to put in a Gunwalloe or something to display my rifs. Anyone got a display wall that can show pics for inspiration As I consider insulation etc too...

Probably going to be on this wall from the map/st pats cross to the Senegalese flag ( yes its a mess but still lots to do in many directions. Only my sword wall is looking remotely close) need space to fit a few more tables for tinkering and painting but have good space to figure it out

20200917_152117.jpg

• Supporters
18 hours ago, remus said:

Probably going to be on this wall from the map/st pats cross to the Senegalese flag ( yes its a mess but still lots to do in many directions. Only my sword wall is looking remotely close) need space to fit a few more tables for tinkering and painting but have good space to figure it out

20200917_152117.jpg

Now THAT'S a big loft!

AKjstcdTMG_6aVmA18SGuo-GvNs2aqergCXVpUJs

The stuff from IKEA works well. The only thing I'd say about gun walls is they look good (personally) but if you are an avid buyer, then you will quickly run out of space lol. 

• Supporters
52 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

The stuff from IKEA works well. The only thing I'd say about gun walls is they look good (personally) but if you are an avid buyer, then you will quickly run out of space lol. 

True facts.

Kqhv74MGr4e6C7_8ZL3d2b-xGKJPmGdOSMP5IWE12oY_nn-0SdPqWpY95B3PKYlwt3KA01L69oAquRucTYIyvblVqzhk-41DYAkqCBXFo7u4bDGE8vg_oCzLHE4F6BFWOJSt5hy79MCSjqzciA81vljL3lzjzNYBh3ZOHJGmOt4OpDpmIZw-REPqDsrJaeIuxHieh_I8mHeMi6Obs-1Fzo9KSgkF25JS5V7vgwNZjHPLJKbKF1OkPG1w4ixTFE9XmFUAzV8LLnvlWh3LVYITeenjY99eJ6jJ4JWF4Bu7qYKceKJEO4L_uzj5wy1N_b5KnOAe4B3-9QRtrNRqF_6BpjIZ_hnVaqBNQXlIBrv-n1laOcfFXnfLHCfUPUJyF_xCjxVfTQ8iDfkJ4Yzopp1YE6yz7K4gUOxvA_fQmgHOBSyodOo7Xa6O9-FhD5a1j-ksCwVECXXiNXLiyneNen7bEfEwn26DksFeipeXDKY7qNtZmy5W5ZUG25fw5sHByKzK0LaPTWhvA7ObULh68A1nFz9Obpw1mZI5OdRtpGY3zWZHn4nIWeuJ3nEwBMadZ07o7RB2u7P-UrLXZDkgM_EQsSxeTRVRIeLot-FB1QbYW-UunhGYGhHdSrdJcmP0XqgZvGkG40X0yNGU4GucE2O6OkexLX5YUTEXh8XTqhg_unlOuHtUQ7wsZOnjSTF6pg=w711-h947-no?authuser=0

That's not even all of them. I've added a G3 and an M14 Socom since then too!

5 hours ago, SgtTalbert said:

The peg boards not being lined up is triggering ocd...

5 hours ago, Lozart said:

Now THAT'S a big loft!

well its the reason i agreed to this house, i needed somewhere for me lol

5 hours ago, SgtTalbert said:

fortunately i not a huge buyer but then i dont really sell much on. only want a few more rifs then will replace to better guns  but i financially limit myself quite a lot so it should be grand. more problematic is multiple hobbies...

• 3 months later...
On 17/09/2020 at 16:11, Lozart said:

If you're looking to display them on a flat wall (ie not the pitched bit) then I'd say grid wall.

IMAG0230.thumb.jpg.37ed08c0f42501ee1afb74a1b9579cc3.jpg

Looks amazing! I'm hoping to do the same but I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to mount to my wall. Any suggestions?

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Reaper 1-1 said:

Looks amazing! I'm hoping to do the same but I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to mount to my wall. Any suggestions?

Gridwall attaches to brackets that are screwed to the wall, you can see one just behind the suppressor on the top rifle https://www.directshopfittings.co.uk/r435-gridwall-wall-fixing-bracket/?gclid=CjwKCAiA_9r_BRBZEiwAHZ_v18Dm9KzUa5WvyVSBJrTsB1bMc_DRylaVHLPkUuLlAYPSZ6x-FvtN9xoC5G8QAvD_BwE

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

Gridwall attaches to brackets that are screwed to the wall, you can see one just behind the suppressor on the top rifle https://www.directshopfittings.co.uk/r435-gridwall-wall-fixing-bracket/?gclid=CjwKCAiA_9r_BRBZEiwAHZ_v18Dm9KzUa5WvyVSBJrTsB1bMc_DRylaVHLPkUuLlAYPSZ6x-FvtN9xoC5G8QAvD_BwE

And what type of screws/wall plugs did you use to mount the brackets? Sorry for all the questions mate but your the first person I've seen who's done it the exact way I want mine! 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Reaper 1-1 said:

And what type of screws/wall plugs did you use to mount the brackets? Sorry for all the questions mate but your the first person I've seen who's done it the exact way I want mine! 

That entirely depends on what sort of wall you have! Mine is into a breeze block wall so if I remember correctly (it's been a while) they're No.8 x 30mm twin thread screws. If you're going into a plasterboard wall then I'd suggest maybe a toggle fixing plug or one of the metal screw in plugs as the racking on its own is fairly heavy then you have to factor in the weight of all the guns you're putting on there!

Something to bear in mind is that the arms that hold the gun need to be the right length. Mine are long enough to double stack the guns but if you just want one gun per set of arms, get the shorter ones! Also, try and buy everything from one supplier, much like airsoft parts there is some variance in the sizes so for example, the hat stands I have don't fit on the gridwall I have!

4 minutes ago, Lozart said:

That entirely depends on what sort of wall you have! Mine is into a breeze block wall so if I remember correctly (it's been a while) they're No.8 x 30mm twin thread screws. If you're going into a plasterboard wall then I'd suggest maybe a toggle fixing plug or one of the metal screw in plugs as the racking on its own is fairly heavy then you have to factor in the weight of all the guns you're putting on there!

Something to bear in mind is that the arms that hold the gun need to be the right length. Mine are long enough to double stack the guns but if you just want one gun per set of arms, get the shorter ones! Also, try and buy everything from one supplier, much like airsoft parts there is some variance in the sizes so for example, the hat stands I have don't fit on the gridwall I have!

Mate, your a legend! Thanks a lot.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would like to display them like they did in the first Kick Ass Movie.

But yeah white background is a must so they pop.

I would even have low ambient LED lights under them.

858494375_Screenshotfrom2021-05-1719-52-19.thumb.png.a113654420e1610fb8c24af050fac7dc.png345405698_Screenshotfrom2021-05-1719-51-04.thumb.png.8319fe87e87304182e459cdeb5214544.png

Edited by Sema Dragun

46 minutes ago, Sema Dragun said:

858494375_Screenshotfrom2021-05-1719-52-19.thumb.png.a113654420e1610fb8c24af050fac7dc.png345405698_Screenshotfrom2021-05-1719-51-04.thumb.png.8319fe87e87304182e459cdeb5214544.png

That style isn’t hard to do - but I’m not sure on how it’s reflected in cost.

It’s shop display fittings 

I know that it’s available in white and black, with white making things more visual 

Edited to add - it’s ‘slatwall’

“Mr Craft-it-yourself drops into the convo”

General Purpose Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF) - 18 X 1220 X 2440mm £30.00 (wickes)

T-Slot router bit (depending on slot width) £10-£20 (screwfix/toolstation/amazon)

Slatwall hooks £25-£50 or Gridwall hooks £10-£15 or Pegboard Hooks £8-£15 (amazon)

Spray paint £5-£15 depending on finish required.

These are just a quick “price-up” whilst I got a few mins spare between clients, so you’re looking at an initial outlay for the router bit but once that’s bought each 8ftx4ft rack is like £40-50 roughly depending on amount of Pew-Pew’s you wanna display and the hooks used.

which is making me look at my Caves walls in a whole new light :D

Addition - Ive changed my mind in making them when you can get raw 4ftx4ft for £9.99 and colour yourself!!!

https://www.unishop.co.uk/det/56/Raw-Slatwall-Panels/

Edited by MiK

• Supporters

Mine are up in the attic as well I just got a couple of lengths of 2x3 battening , a load of cheap bike hooks(the ones you use to hang push bikes up off the ground)from fleabay , screwed the battens to the roof trusses then spaced the hooks along them to hang up the ones I’m currently using . All the rest are in there original boxes or gun bags , gun socks or hard gun cases if I haven’t got boxes for them .

• Supporters
On 17/05/2021 at 10:56, Sema Dragun said:

On 17/05/2021 at 11:43, Tommikka said:

That style isn’t hard to do - but I’m not sure on how it’s reflected in cost.

It’s shop display fittings 

I know that it’s available in white and black, with white making things more visual 

Edited to add - it’s ‘slatwall’

Yep, it's slatwall.

If you're happy to collect (shipping will be pricey) there's plenty of second hand stuff going on ebay for very little (lockdown 1 - retailers 0).

• 2 weeks later...

Damn I have more RIFs than space and the only room I can keep them in is surrounded by dry walls and studs are made out of cheese... any suggestions for wall storage solution? :X

• Supporters
8 hours ago, ziCk_ said:

Damn I have more RIFs than space and the only room I can keep them in is surrounded by dry walls and studs are made out of cheese... any suggestions for wall storage solution? :X

Whatever you use, get decent plasterboard fixings. For heavy duty use the drop toggle style or self drilling inserts are probably the best way to go. https://www.screwfix.com/p/easyfix-self-drill-plasterboard-fixings-metal-32mm-100-pack/2422h https://www.screwfix.com/p/easyfix-spring-toggles-5-x-50mm-20-pack/4257x

Then the world is your crustacean!

Update of my gridwall:

tg6pedkbn3V4ZxvToWaOcc4skL6nnboRCSP_Toft2lKcroczAomBoFd73ES4YOYKWTukYhkDR6IRrd6l4LGLxga1f7KkgdZOY74dEPRyVFUlpqfJ8bMyHyIbbClJfvdRVwfQwwyFOr7UbOAD0iqisf4-_WpN6Skk38NxgppT1xAh--MZVUkRY4HZQWMBomu0MKzJXCp1dw68VDB66Xv2fr5kQxqIVPZf_Qt2knxk-5Kl0VXfb1h18kLXWNcCSjeWx30LKLWWJgvlpKwY0bV_-GgEIpHQnNoayQvQux-dJBgRFJpSJSbS5cezuxj1duVIFoxvIjUysxbicyF_TzTpYx3j_P938nI4X1j5hqxpNWeUEuveqURiB-gU4jUGUkLInW7DVzfoIbNs2oie15_e7VkRvjo6B86joupPIGlAvaiiWkOAFdkVccTVd6k_ZtXyHLmwbi3ap9o8mytWBNMXcJDZ9CGts0T2ONoCLRfiuNyKJNDmV3UtsJFqVcut8wGiW1EzU-ch4XkMspySzsuQeQI86vVpS_CnA8ZoG5Xqq0f3js2YMboAorvB7jpSprplZvmfz7tVYBfM6UDWhb6LmE-dhE0y6dves_q0meVIQhsmT8A8nwEu15IigmU9FRmaISXoD-YPKTARB2eWEwkklabKxO4fBeYSHw1yO1G54S2PUvKUqBj9M5ivRwplPo1UvqGGYJ4NDShAfDKltLtUbmFm=w711-h947-no?authuser=0

That's mounted to a particularly shitty breezeblock wall by the way.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.