TM M9A1 sticky nozzle

strykerles

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Recently purchased a TM m9a1 and the nozzle appears to stick slightly when loaded with a magazine.

on closer inspection the magazine seems to push the nozzle up slightly which makes it stick

If I manually pull the slide back, as soon as the nozzle clears the magazine it snaps back

this is making the gun fire every other shot as it loads but can't fire and the next round pushes the previous out

20200916_173606.jpg

20200916_173613.jpg

• Supporters

Ordinarily you want a bit of stickyness, its a sign of a good nozzle-hop seal.

But that should affect even without a mag inserted.

Does the nozzle slide smoothly in/out without the hop/mag involved?

Without the mag inserted it occasionally does it.

Just using marui mags

Originally the slide was sticking and wouldn't come all the way back but that seems to have corrected itself and now there's the problem with the nozzle

So I disassembled the slide and nozzle assembly, cleaned, lubed and put back together, the nozzle seems stiffer than before now and it's still doing the exact same thing it was before. I'm at a bit of a loss tbh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.