Please recommend me pants and combat shirt that will provide high protection

Silveira

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there,

I play a lot in a field with no rules, where i sometimes get 450+ fps shots on close range, and I get bruised a lot. My wife is complaining about the marks on my body. Could you guys recommend me pants and combat shirts or something else that would provide very high protection levels, including the neck area?

9 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Look into paintball gear. Lots of places sell padded shirts, padded shorts with thigh protection etc.

E: As for the neck area... No clue really, maybe a shemagh style scarf on the outside, with some foam padding stitched in.

Thank you!

Even at 350fps you're going to come away with bruising, it's part of the hobby. @DrAlexanderTobacco pretty much hits the nail on the head with his recommendations though and a shemagh for your neck.

2 hours ago, Silveira said:

I play a lot in a field with no rules

C'mon there must be some rules surely.where do you play? Would like to know just so I  dont go there! Lol

Is it in England?

Regards 

Denim and flannel shirt with a t shirt under it if playing in urban areas ( quite warm so hydrate)

3 hours ago, Shamal said:

C'mon there must be some rules surely.where do you play? Would like to know just so I  dont go there! Lol

Is it in England?

Regards 

I play in Brazil, in a facility that is used for training cops and military personnel... when I say no rules, I mean the fps is not regulated, they say assault rifles not over 400 fps, but most guys stretch it a little or even a lot.

3 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Chap has a Portuguese username and Portugal has a fair few no-rules sites.

You are right, but I live in Brazil, not Portugal

3 hours ago, Kzwi said:

Denim and flannel shirt with a t shirt under it if playing in urban areas ( quite warm so hydrate)

I play mostly CQB

9 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Look into paintball gear. Lots of places sell padded shirts, padded shorts with thigh protection etc.

E: As for the neck area... No clue really, maybe a shemagh style scarf on the outside, with some foam padding stitched in.

Baggy paintball trousers (or pants as the Americans say) generally have padding throughout.

But ‘training’ paintball trousers are likely to be just as thin as combat trousers, and slim fit non baggy paintball trousers have little or no padding.

Paintball ‘jerseys’ come with various levels. ‘Training’ jerseys again will just be a thin layer.  
The main ‘playing’ jerseys come with various levels of padding.  My ‘proper’ jerseys are from Jerseys Clinic in Poland and were their ‘Level 3’ I think, and would now be the equivalent to their ‘Hyper Pro’

These will be in modern breathable materials, so when worn loose have a good balance between the thickness and breathability / airflow to avoid overheating.

You can spend a lot or a little on these.

You can have an off the shelf design for the cost of the item, a ‘semi custom’ based on a preset design plus your options to personalise with logos etc.  Or you can have your own fully custom / branded team pattern & design - but that takes set up costs. It’s value for money if buying a teams set of branded jerseys, and even better if you buy more of the range, eg jersey, hoody, t shirt ....

Paintball bounce vests are passed underwear.  They have thick padding for sensitive areas such as your chest.

These get hot and sweaty.

I would only wear a bounce vest in the few games I actually played competitive tournaments and when photographing tournaments.

The main purpose of a bounce vest for a tournament player is to soften the impact of any paintballs hitting their chest from the far end of the field at the start buzzer, when they are exposed.  Softer impact = less likely to break before you make the run to your first position.

My purpose as a photographer was because I’d lean my body in to catch the action and end up being shot constantly 

Slide shorts have padding in the crotch but most of their padding is on the thighs etc.  These are designed for those people who dive and slide around on the ground 

The best option is loose clothing that absorbs most of the impact when yin are hit. 

On 16/09/2020 at 14:28, FreeFrag.UK said:

Even at 350fps you're going to come away with bruising, it's part of the hobby..

Can confirm, this is from 2 weeks ago from CQB site in the UK, through a thick, tightly knit sweater. I swear I didn’t hit myself or ram into anything but admittedly this is anomaly and the rest of my bruises aren’t nearly as impressive - this one looks like a paintball bruise 😅

EE90725A-801E-4D97-A6EE-F81D9FEA8D6C.jpeg

1 hour ago, ziCk_ said:

Can confirm, this is from 2 weeks ago from CQB site in the UK, through a thick, tightly knit sweater. I swear I didn’t hit myself or ram into anything but admittedly this is anomaly and the rest of my bruises aren’t nearly as impressive - this one looks like a paintball bruise 😅

EE90725A-801E-4D97-A6EE-F81D9FEA8D6C.jpeg

Weird for an airsoft bruise, is that the remnants of the bruise after the two weeks?

I can almost imagine it being the boundary outskirts if you originally had impact marks inside each curve

These are a paintball set from having been shot down towards me from a tower on top of a building.  It was the first UK clear paint event, so the clear ball manufacture was in it’s early days, and a firm shell.  Velocity was low for CQB (250fps rather then 280fps) but the problem will have been gravity acceleration rather then velocity reducing.

The blood scars being shortly afterwards, the more purple later on and the multi coloured and spread will have been later in the week etc 

Yours looks to me like the after effects spread which can make sense for hard impact if you had a smaller grouped bruise earlier on.

If this is how it began then there must have been a large area of impact.

101F0C7D-3421-4BAE-B43E-7EEFA6E7A411.jpeg

BAC87E0D-05E6-4DED-8B19-394D4414B254.jpeg

1F4D9BD3-EECC-4AE8-A0C4-9709071F6A8B.jpeg

Arnica is a good treatment, it still bruises and gives all the colours but gets through the process of healing quicker 

8 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Weird for an airsoft bruise, is that the remnants of the bruise after the two weeks?

I can almost imagine it being the boundary outskirts if you originally had impact marks inside each curve

These are a paintball set from having been shot down towards me from a tower on top of a building.  It was the first UK clear paint event, so the clear ball manufacture was in it’s early days, and a firm shell.  Velocity was low for CQB (250fps rather then 280fps) but the problem will have been gravity acceleration rather then velocity reducing.

The blood scars being shortly afterwards, the more purple later on and the multi coloured and spread will have been later in the week etc 

Yours looks to me like the after effects spread which can make sense for hard impact if you had a smaller grouped bruise earlier on.

If this is how it began then there must have been a large area of impact.

101F0C7D-3421-4BAE-B43E-7EEFA6E7A411.jpeg

BAC87E0D-05E6-4DED-8B19-394D4414B254.jpeg

1F4D9BD3-EECC-4AE8-A0C4-9709071F6A8B.jpeg

Arnica is a good treatment, it still bruises and gives all the colours but gets through the process of healing quicker 

Get off! They is multicolored hippy pop art transfers! Lol.

Is that last pic bum or cleavage?? 😉🤭

Regards 

16 hours ago, Tommikka said:

Yup - it used to be purple but didn’t hurt at all when touching anywhere but the impact point... on the other hand bare skin leaves no bruises just broken skin. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.