Rant time - deliberate damage to someone elses RIF.

Lozart

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Am I the only one that doesn't think this is on purpose? If you look at the mask, he doesn't appear to look down at the surroundings, the m14 is green/olive colour, blending in with the tree/ground. Perhaps he thought it was part of the tree he was standing on. 

Cant say i'm sold on that

The ground is brown rather than green and it looks like the fella detoured specifically to stand on it.

Plus the foot placement is too careful.

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Cant say i'm sold on that

The ground is brown rather than green and it looks like the fella detoured specifically to stand on it.

Plus the foot placement is too careful.

Agree, the detour, well sometimes you do wander a bit while trying to get a view of the target, but the foot placement is a giveaway, it's like he's playing tic-tac-toe on it, definitely not normal footwork for such an open space.

• Supporters

Quick update (I've been out out for work since posting this), the only ID we have is that his name is Paul. No surname.

The rear sight mount has been broken but until it can get stripped and checked that's all he's found so far.

Dogtag have been notified and sent screenshots and footage and are looking into it (although to be honest they'll most likely point at their waiver/t's&c's and wash their hands of it).

If he'd stepped on it and stepped off straight away or even just tripped over it I'd agree that it was an accident and Sim shouldn't have left his gun laying around. Except that the guy very deliberately put both feet on it.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Robert James said:

Am I the only one that doesn't think this is on purpose? If you look at the mask, he doesn't appear to look down at the surroundings,

He lifts his foot and carefully places it right on the gun.  Maybe he has super-sonic sonar radar equipped boots.

1 hour ago, Skara said:

Could be, but the sound and feel of plastic bending under your feet is rather clear.

That.  One foot could be accidental.  Both is enemy action.

4 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

enemy action.

Isn't that a Steven Seagal film?

5 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Isn't that a Steven Seagal film?

Come to think of it, I think Deliberate Damage is too! 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Lozart said:

Dogtag have been notified and sent screenshots and footage and are looking into it (although to be honest they'll most likely point at their waiver/t's&c's and wash their hands of it).

They have an obligation to do their utmost to protect their clients from harm (within reason lol), as such the dickheads actions could have quite easily escalated in to a violent confrontation, with the evidence they have they're duty-bound to ensure he doesn't do it again, the only sure way is ban him permanently, if they don't then they may lose business as this goes viral in the community.

they don't then they may lose business as this goes viral in the community.

I agree. The actions of one person can do a lot of  harm to a club and give them a bad name.They have to be seen to be following this up  and not taking the 'not our problem' route

regards 

3 hours ago, Robert James said:

Am I the only one that doesn't think this is on purpose? If you look at the mask, he doesn't appear to look down at the surroundings, the m14 is green/olive colour, blending in with the tree/ground. Perhaps he thought it was part of the tree he was standing on. 

Admittedly at first glance I was undecided on whether or not it was intentional but after I watched it again (prior to my initial post) I came to the conclusion that the most likely scenario was that it was deliberate. The biggest tell tale is the way he steps onto the rifle, it's very deliberate. His pace also slows significantly to allow for his initial step onto the rifle and the almost immediate placement of his second. Finally, you need to consider that the feel of a rifle underfoot will be significantly different to the ground he's been walking on (this ignores the sound aspect of weight being applied).

Even if we were to work on a train of thought of applying the benefit of the doubt, the player failed to report it and as highlighted elsewhere he can be heard laughing/chuckling after stepping on it. While you could always argue that he could be one of the many who would scarper from the area (which as far as we can tell, he didn't) to avoid a potential invoice and/or confrontation, it is still beyond poor form in the event of an accident.

Personally, I just think there's too much to give sufficient weight to any argument of it being an accident. Fingers crossed he is identified and here's hoping that an appropriate response is undertaken by the site in question.

That makes my damn blood boil...  would take a lot to prevent me from committing gbh if I caught someone doing that to my kit.

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Lozart said:

Hmm. It's very much in their interest to identify that twunt and ensure that he never plays airsoft at their site, and ideally nowhere else in the UK again.

I know that sometimes it takes a bit of publicity to nudge people into doing the right thing though.

Hopefully there's going to be a properly happy ending to this tale.

15 hours ago, Lozart said:

It would be a very bad idea for a site to point at the terms on their waiver and do nothing.

They are not responsible for the damage due to the players actions.

But that does not remove them from the equation.

If applicable they must do what they can to identify the player to the ‘appropriate authority’ (police, a solicitor) etc if your friend pursues criminal damage.

This is unacceptable behaviour and I would expect a ban.

If they wash their hands then they are not looking after their customers

16 hours ago, Robert James said:

Is this a genuine comment.

we are obviously not watching and hearing the same footage

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

If applicable they must do what they can to identify the player to the ‘appropriate authority’ (police, a solicitor) etc if your friend pursues criminal damage.

They can, but I don't know what would compel them to do so.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

They can, but I don't know what would compel them to do so.

If the "hurt" party does decide to pursue it, they might not get a lot of choice in the matter, while I'm not aware of what legal imperatives would be applicable, especially with data protection being what it is at the moment, if approached by the plod to divulge the players details, any failure to comply would be viewed badly by the community, lol what this guy did to another players gun is heresy, sacrilege even 🤔

• Supporters
19 hours ago, Lozart said:

The rear sight mount has been broken but until it can get stripped and checked that's all he's found so far.

i'd be concerned that the outer/inner barrel might have been bent, considering it's a dmr platform messing up accuracy is a bit of an issue.....

• Supporters
53 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i'd be concerned that the outer/inner barrel might have been bent, considering it's a dmr platform messing up accuracy is a bit of an issue.....

Very possibly but until he can sort out the sight mount I doubt he'll be able to check the accuracy...

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Tackle said:

if approached by the plod to divulge the players details

The only law enforcement who might be interested in that are the UKARA police.

https://www.facebook.com/TheUKARApolice

On 16/09/2020 at 14:25, FreeFrag.UK said:

On a side note, while they are a hindrance at times, I would strongly recommend that your friend invests in a sling for his M14 @Lozart so that he can keep it with him under more conditions. I'd also advise standing it up against stuff where it is unlikely to fall over so that it is less likely to be kicked/trodden on. While I don't think it is the case in this instance, a lot of face protection limits the player's field of vision more than people realise and as such their awareness drops massively.

Looking at the clip it shows he has a sling.

I must ask..why lay it on the floor?Plenty of trees and barricades to lean it up against.The guy (not the poster) is a complete cock anyway,it makes no sense and he couldn't have a reason to do such a twaty thing.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, snuff said:

I must ask..why lay it on the floor?Plenty of trees and barricades to lean it up against.The guy (not the poster) is a complete cock anyway,it makes no sense and he couldn't have a reason to do such a twaty thing.

Sociopathic tendencies ?, possibly on the spectrum ?, or maybe just thick as shit, & there appeared to be other players close by ?, thing is, even though it was someone else's gun, if I'd have witnessed his fuckwittery I'd have felt the need to "intervene" in some way 😠

53 minutes ago, Tackle said:

if I'd have witnessed his fuckwittery I'd have felt the need to "intervene" in some way 😠

I think most airsofters would,I also would've picked it up if I had seen it lying on the ground TBH.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, snuff said:

I must ask..why lay it on the floor?Plenty of trees and barricades to lean it up against.

Funnily enough, I did ask him that same question. It's enormous length makes it incredibly awkward to run about with when he's using his pistol. He is now looking at alternative slings that might make life easier though. Personally I'd have leaned it up the tree but there you go.

@Lozart Beat me to it, I had a brief chin way with him over YouTube and he said much the same about the sling loop placements causing issue.

Admittedly, much like yourselves, I'd have stood it up somewhere a bit safer but who is to say that the culprit wouldn't have sought to do damage given any opportunity. I know it sounds pessimistic and it is certainly in realms of speculation but some people are just malicious.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@Lozart Beat me to it, I had a brief chin way with him over YouTube and he said much the same about the sling loop placements causing issue.

Admittedly, much like yourselves, I'd have stood it up somewhere a bit safer but who is to say that the culprit wouldn't have sought to do damage given any opportunity. I know it sounds pessimistic and it is certainly in realms of speculation but some people are just malicious.

Was it you that recommended the BFG stock adaptor?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.