Rant time - deliberate damage to someone elses RIF.

Lozart

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, Skara said:

This.

If my club's president didn't care about such issues, or about hit calling or anything, I wouldn't be playing there for the rest of my life.

18 minutes ago, MiK said:

accidents happen it’s a fact of life but the site’s ‘don’t give a fuck attitude” isn’t a site I want to give my money too

indeed, i left a site recently because of their consistent failure to do anything about the standard of play.

don't get me wrong, you're never going to escape from cheating/general douchery but a site you can have faith that telling the marshalls there's an issue will result in some form of action has value.

indeed the first site i played at i kept playing at til it closed as the marshalling was so good. too reports of not hit takers seriously to the point the marshals would take vests off move to a position on accused and test fire on them and make reaction based on weither or not they took a hit giving a few chances then removing people sort of thing. i even got tested a few times(obviously not in limited life games) and constant reminders to players to stay within the rules etc. i prefer my marshals actively trying to improve game days...

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, remus said:

indeed the first site i played at i kept playing at til it closed as the marshalling was so good. too reports of not hit takers seriously to the point the marshals would take vests off move to a position on accused and test fire on them and make reaction based on weither or not they took a hit giving a few chances then removing people sort of thing. i even got tested a few times(obviously not in limited life games) and constant reminders to players to stay within the rules etc. i prefer my marshals actively trying to improve game days...

it says a lot about sites round here that i have literally never been honesty shot by a marshall, or on-the-spot chrono'd

2 things i wouldn't mind, if anything it'd feel reassuring that it's being done.

• Supporters

This is the main reason why I'm struggling to get my ukara up & running again, so many sites I've visited just leave you feeling let down, poor marshaling & management, blatant cheating, & a general piss poor attitude & approach to running an Airsoft site.

2 hours ago, MiK said:

accidents happen it’s a fact of life but the site’s ‘don’t give a fuck attitude” isn’t a site I want to give my money too

Then don’t, they won’t miss it

6 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

They're in control of their response to it.

They talked to the guy and he said it wasn't intentional.  Well, what else is he going to say? "Lol, get rekt scrubs, I'll step on anything I want."

Would you be happy trusting that player anywhere near your gear?

I don’t leave my gear lying around on the floor

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, E21A said:

Then don’t, they won’t miss it

it becomes a vicious circle, the worse a place gets the more and more decent players leave, until the regulars are a bunch of arses or the site folds.

6 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

They're in control of their response to it.

They talked to the guy and he said it wasn't intentional.  Well, what else is he going to say? "Lol, get rekt scrubs, I'll step on anything I want."

Would you be happy trusting that player anywhere near your gear?

I don’t trust any players I don’t personally know 

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

it becomes a vicious circle, the worse a place gets the more and more decent players leave, until the regulars are a bunch of arses or the site folds.

Sites been open 10+ years I think and regularly pulls in 150-200 players (pre covid) 

80 is a very quiet day with bad weather. 

They must be so shit though as they don’t individually control each player. 

59 minutes ago, Samurai said:

@E21A You seem to be on the opposite side of this argument than the others here. Have you stepped on an M14 lately? :D

Not exactly, I agree totally that the guy is a cockwomble! More so if it was intentional. I actually know of the person and was on site that day, didn’t witness it though. 

I take issue with people saying he’s a site regular so the rules don’t apply (in one way or another) and basing on the site because of what one individual did. Particularly as I’d  bet 99% of people on this thread have never even visited the site. 

3 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it says a lot about sites round here that i have literally never been honesty shot by a marshall, or on-the-spot chrono'd

2 things i wouldn't mind, if anything it'd feel reassuring that it's being done.

its deff reassuring. i like start of day chrono for all guns but then i also know how easy it is to get around and wouldn't mind random spot checks- specially if reports of a hot feeling gun as ive defiantly feel certain ones a lot more...

@Tackle would it be worth while for sake of getting ukara to do half days at easiest site play a game then tinker with guns just to get it passed?  kinda in the get ukara restarted phase as mine is lapsed but having to wade through kids to get it done is looking like my easiest way to do it as ill only be a rare player now iv a baby to balance with everything else... 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, E21A said:

Sites been open 10+ years I think and regularly pulls in 150-200 players (pre covid) 

80 is a very quiet day with bad weather. 

They must be so shit though as they don’t individually control each player. 

i was more making a generalization of how sites can get poisoned by failing to take action than talking about specifically the depot, possibly they've made a choice of lenience as a one-off just in case they've not got the right man or he really did do it accidentally.

if we're being facetious though i wouldn't take length of establishment or player numbers as a standalone sign of a site's quality, Justin Beiber attracts larger audiences than your average airsoft site doesn't mean i want anything to do with it.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, E21A said:

I don’t leave my gear lying around on the floor

That's not what I asked.

I get that you're trying to be an "ok m8 wuteva" edgelord, but you know that response isn't right.

The site being popular is exactly why they can and should smack that bitch up.

14 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

That's not what I asked.

I get that you're trying to be an "ok m8 wuteva" edgelord, but you know that response isn't right.

The site being popular is exactly why they can and should smack that bitch up.

I did actually answer your question if you read my other posts. 

Im not trying to be anything. What the fuck is an edgelord!?!?

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, E21A said:

I did actually answer your question if you read my other posts. 

Nah, I didn't bother.

Im not trying to be anything. What the fuck is an edgelord!?!?

Nicely played, very convincing.

Have a free fish.

File:Plonk.png - Wikimedia Commons

3 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Nah, I didn't bother.

Well pipe the fuck down then. 

Nicely played, very convincing.

Convincing of what? 

Im convinced you’re another keyboard warrior bellend who tries to make sideways insults and fails miserably. 

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Ok let me settle this.

E21A - you are wrong.

Rogerborg- stop being a twunt.

There we go.  Now can we all go back to talking about how fucking awesome I am please?

Wrong about what exactly? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
23 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

Bit late to this after a forum hiatus, but Dogtag is just about my local site, and it is the one I'll go to if there is No other game on elsewhere. 

The main reason for this is that there is a much higher proliferation of the out and out berks who pitch up, shoot each other during the pre-start briefing in the field and who swear and kick off at almost anything. No other site has so many, so often. 

So essentially it's on your doorstep, but is pretty shit so literally the last option when your so desperate for a game that your prepared to put up with the large number of dickheads that turn out there regularly ?, some of whom might be on here ? 😏

Appreciate your input, gives another person's perspective who's obviously been there plenty of times

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/10/2020 at 17:05, Dentonboy said:

Bit late to this after a forum hiatus, but Dogtag is just about my local site, and it is the one I'll go to if there is No other game on elsewhere. 

The main reason for this is that there is a much higher proliferation of the out and out berks who pitch up, shoot each other during the pre-start briefing in the field and who swear and kick off at almost anything. No other site has so many, so often. 

Not been to driver wood then! 😂

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/09/2020 at 15:10, Tackle said:

This is the main reason why I'm struggling to get my ukara up & running again, so many sites I've visited just leave you feeling let down, poor marshaling & management, blatant cheating, & a general piss poor attitude & approach to running an Airsoft site.

I see you are in Kent, try Imperium down by Faversham the marshalling is consistently excellent

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Solar said:

I see you are in Kent, try Imperium down by Faversham the marshalling is consistently excellent

Thanks, it's one of the sites on my list, unfortunately between waiting for 2 surgeries & this poxy pandemic it's been difficult to get out to play 😕

To add to it this week I've suffered a major bereavement & in the process of sorting all the arrangements, but only this morning I remember mumbling to myself "I've got to get out & shoot some feckers"😈, even if I've got to drag myself on my belly, gotta get out soon.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.