The AAP-01 Owners Thread.

Cr0-Magnon

8 minutes ago, Spartan09 said:

glad to be of help  =P

Cheers matey and thank you for making my bank balance potentially £80 lighter and also the cost of the AW drum mag lighter too what ever that costs lol

1 minute ago, AlphaBear said:

Cheers matey and thank you for making my bank balance potentially £80 lighter and also the cost of the AW drum mag lighter too what ever that costs lol

i repeat my previous comment....   XD

and regarding the AW drum mag....  do you really want to know?  =P

• 2 weeks later...

I really do despise you lot sometimes. Told myself months ago I wouldn't get an AAP01 as I'd invested too much in my capa's but here I am with a dispatch email from Airsoft World and a glint in my eye waiting for an AAP to arrive.

Still in 2 minds of whether to make a primary pistol out of it or to make it my sniper side arm. Going to get it in my hands and have a play before I decide.

Can I ask though? What hopup rubbers are people using and what if any ikey/hplate are being used? I kind of want to put "just" an autobot in as when I ran an ikey in stock chamber on my capa I needed .32's to keep it with a slight kick at the end. I'd prefer this to hop between .25 and .3's

I'm running both of mine totally standard. I do intend on getting a couple Autobot 50/60's to have just incase I want to tinker.

I've only used one as a side arm when my M.E.D got breached, but hopefully after we can play again I'll use one as a primary. There's a new CQB site opening up in Sinfin, so I'll get test it out there at some point!

51 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

I really do despise you lot sometimes. Told myself months ago I wouldn't get an AAP01 as I'd invested too much in my capa's but here I am with a dispatch email from Airsoft World and a glint in my eye waiting for an AAP to arrive.

Still in 2 minds of whether to make a primary pistol out of it or to make it my sniper side arm. Going to get it in my hands and have a play before I decide.

Can I ask though? What hopup rubbers are people using and what if any ikey/hplate are being used? I kind of want to put "just" an autobot in as when I ran an ikey in stock chamber on my capa I needed .32's to keep it with a slight kick at the end. I'd prefer this to hop between .25 and .3's

I switched the stock rubber out for an autobot and am using a ML i-key whilst keeping the stock barrel (will probably run it until the coating dies, it's not bad tbh). Have been running .25s and .28s with no issues over/under hopping whilst using it as a sidearm. Grouping is nice, though I haven't measured this on a range, just felt good when popping people in the woods during games 😄

Stock it struggled to lift 0.3s for me, ended up using decepticons (50 and 60, one in each) + I-Keys.

Inexpensive but highly effective upgrades :)

1 hour ago, leadly said:

There's a new CQB site opening up in Sinfin, so I'll get test it out there at some point!

Shut the front door! I am so up for that (unless it's crafty at which point I have no interest)

1 hour ago, Shaydee said:

I switched the stock rubber out for an autobot and am using a ML i-key whilst keeping the stock barrel (will probably run it until the coating dies, it's not bad tbh). Have been running .25s and .28s with no issues over/under hopping whilst using it as a sidearm. Grouping is nice, though I haven't measured this on a range, just felt good when popping people in the woods during games 😄

1 hour ago, Skara said:

Stock it struggled to lift 0.3s for me, ended up using decepticons (50 and 60, one in each) + I-Keys.

Inexpensive but highly effective upgrades :)

Thank you both. Best get an I key on order as well then.

1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

@SkaraI need to stop looking at this thread as I’ll have bloody well buy one. An I-key? Is that a Hadron design piece similar to that MK23 gear? 

iKey is the maple leaf version, hadron h plate is what I may have ordered. £3.50 and IIRC performed better.in my mk23 than an iKey so that'll do me.

Quite possibly ordered a ZCI 130mm inner as well. For £13.50 from @ak2m4 it's a crime not to.

I-Key, H-Plate, however you want to call them, they all do the same thing :D

I used I-Keys because I had some in my box o' hops, if I had Hadron parts I would have used those instead :)

By the way, WE has now released a, not surprisingly, really bad clone of the AAP, same upper but with a glock lower, while overcomplicating the overall design..

45 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Yes Galaxy G isn't it or something? There is also a 1911 and 2011 lower versions coming out.

Could be tempted on the 2011 version of you can fit it to a TM lower.

What’s the model number of the 2011 style model? Got a spare frame kicking about...

2 hours ago, Skara said:

By the way, WE has now released a, not surprisingly, really bad clone of the AAP, same upper but with a glock lower, while overcomplicating the overall design..

Gawd, it looks fucking awful.

image.png.c9e438ede55de63b46a331eab43ccdac.png

I've been following this thread with interest. Very tempted to pick an AAP-01 up on payday.

1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Gawd, it looks fucking awful.

image.png.c9e438ede55de63b46a331eab43ccdac.png

I've been following this thread with interest. Very tempted to pick an AAP-01 up on payday.

What the actual!!!! Whose their target market? 80’s disco fans? 😂

Let's be honest for a second.

I don't get WE, they had the chance to make a cool GBB like a Tec-9 lookalike (so AAP style upper, correct magazine placement and most importantly, glock magazines instead of some proprietary shit)...

They instead decided to clone the AAP but make it more complicated to use (hop adjustment, for example) at a price point that can't compete with the AAP (because it's a €85/90 pistol, I reckon the WE is gonna be at least 120/130)...

why....

1 hour ago, Skara said:

I don't get WE, they had the chance to make a cool GBB like a Tec-9 lookalike (so AAP style upper, correct magazine placement and most importantly, glock magazines instead of some proprietary shit)...

They instead decided to clone the AAP but make it more complicated to use (hop adjustment, for example) at a price point that can't compete with the AAP (because it's a €85/90 pistol, I reckon the WE is gonna be at least 120/130)...

why....

Simply because they can.... they see what’s selling well and tweak it here and there and then offer that product to the market coz they think they will sell more of it. I mean who doesn’t want to own a WE replica of anything right? ;)

31 minutes ago, Skara said:

why....

WE feel they have the "brand" behind it maybe? Almost like an entitlement. Are probably self congratulating in their pistols being "the best available" and hugely unaware of how good competitive products are.

From WE perspective, AA must look like crap, relatively smaller brand in comparison, full plastic design, not made a pistol before compared to them, market "leaders" who have been making them for years and of course their product is superior!

I would have been interested IF the upper alone was available and it was TM compatible but even then. It's not pretty and it's a WE.

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, Skara said:

why....

they're all over the show tbh.

some of we's stuff is pretty damn good, some of it is utter garbage.

their products tend to fall down though when there's competition, the only gun they make that i can put my finger on and say "the we version is the best out there" is the makarov and it's long list of 1 blowback competitor.....

Just stuck a short stroke kit on my purchased list as well. Not going to go mental with it as a pistol in full auto quite frankly terrifies me and I'm scared it will drop to bits but a bit snappier on the semi will be a bonus. Will chuck a stronger nozzle spring on my next R8 order and possibly throw a trigger on just for the hell of it.