The AAP-01 Owners Thread.

Cr0-Magnon

well, i now have a dillema...

beginning of this month, the black AAP and rail sets i ordered from wgcshop arrived, as well as the folding stock i ordered from airsoftworld....   then i went to an airsoft game and entered the raffle run by Onlyairsoft as part of their onsite shop,  and i won a tan AAP....

what to do?   do i keep both and alternate?  do i set one as a carbine and keep one as a pistol? do i sell one?

Either sell the tan one to me or run one as a pistol and one with the stock etc.

I'd obviously prefer it if you sold me the tan one! It'd get a lovely camo pen job and my black one can keep its stock on full time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/12/2020 at 00:00, leadly said:

Either sell the tan one to me or run one as a pistol and one with the stock etc.

I'd obviously prefer it if you sold me the tan one! It'd get a lovely camo pen job and my black one can keep its stock on full time.

I was going to suggest the same.

I would like to keep one with a stock on and have a spare pistol too :D  

Yup, can't go wrong with two AAPs :D

On 04/01/2021 at 10:38, Skara said:

Yup, can't go wrong with two AAPs :D

On 24/12/2020 at 00:00, leadly said:

LOL.
well, a little late, but it looks like i will be keeping both pistols for the time being. have found a drum mag for it so will be putting the stock on the black pistol for CQB

I have decided I do want another black pistol. :D  

My bling arrived yesterday so test fitted it all and have decided to keep this one as is except take off the magwell and add the drum mag when it arrives, a sight, a sling mount onto the stock, I will also get the printed fire selector adaptor too and run the second with the red charging handle, magwell, and tracer for CQB

File_000.jpeg

Excuse the crap pic

I am taking the black SMG'd out for a spin this Sunday (we're allowed to play again), just need to print an adapter for my 579 clone so it stops rattling when holstered.

Also, half my club members now have an AAP too :D

6 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

@Skara How are you slinging yours?

I was going with a sling mount in the stock but have you found a better way?

Gib one/two days and I'll post the setup (just need my sniper rig to arrive -.-)

@Albiscuitand someone else whose name I have forgot, the sniper rig base arrived, tonight I will take one/two pictures :)

38 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Oooooh yeah!! 
Going to order the fire selector kit next so I can capitalise on the full auto goodness!

4A6BCDD7-5AC5-4F68-A5E1-21304AD52F97.jpeg

Jeez I've been thinking about getting one, but I heard that the gas capacity isn't enough to dump the full mag.

Also that thing screams HPA TAP all over the place :D

Found it brand new and a little cheaper than normal price so pulled the trigger excuse the pun. Thought why not. I don’t often use full auto and not that bothered about having to re-gas if needed.

Only thing is it’s HEAVY. Almost needing a grip heavy but with the stock it’s not too bad.

I have a sight in the garage I will put on and just need a sling mount for the stock and it’s good to go.

I am still on the look out for a second black one I can run with the red furniture and an extended mag for cqb 

15 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Found it brand new and a little cheaper than normal price so pulled the trigger excuse the pun. Thought why not. I don’t often use full auto and not that bothered about having to re-gas if needed.

Only thing is it’s HEAVY. Almost needing a grip heavy but with the stock it’s not too bad.

I have a sight in the garage I will put on and just need a sling mount for the stock and it’s good to go.

I am still on the look out for a second black one I can run with the red furniture and an extended mag for cqb 

Video of it dumping in full auto please..... Asking for a friend like...

I've heard the fire selector is very poorly made. There's issues with screw alignment and holes not being tapped out very well. Someone on the Facebook group said they were on their 3rd one as they keep breaking. I nearly got one myself but decided against it after reading what I had.

Plus they don't work with the stock on so that seemed a shame!

Airsoftworld have just added loads of the two colour pistols. Just picked up a 2nd to camo pen up!!!!

So I'll be sticking an Autobot in and using that as my "oh shit" pistol when sniping.

Then my black one will have the stock fitted and my 3D printed supressor / maybe a tracer. This will be my running around fun gun, with extended HPA tapped mags inside it!!

8 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Video of it dumping in full auto please..... Asking for a friend like...

ask and you shall recieve @AlphaBear
i got an armourer works mag of my own, and took a video of me mag dumping it into a target... filmed using an ICU camera mounted on the top rail of the AAP,  then i had to use an online video compression program to get it below the 89mb file limit for the website, hence the watermark

i can confirm that a single gas fill is insufficient to empty the whole mag...   may need three fills to do a whole mag...    luckily i can carry cans of gas in my pouches on site, so refills arent an issue for me in the field/back at respawn

41 minutes ago, Spartan09 said:

i had to use an online video compression program to get it below the 89mb file limit for the website, hence the watermark

Upload to YouTube and make it not listed ;)

Because you have just burned all your direct upload space 😂

Also use imgur for pictures ;)

I’m glad you did one, I’m unable as I can’t fire in the garden so would need to wait until I can get to a site to film one

Hey guys,

I keep on seeing people on Facebook and Instagram selling 3D printed short stroke kits.

Some sell just the spacers, one website sold the spacers with different rated springs.

Is it wise to change anything else when short stroking other than just pop in the spacers?

It's not something I'm dead certain on doing, just curious really as to any negative effects, excessive wear etc.

Cheers

My 2nd pistol arrived a few days ago! The camo pens have been out!!

IMG_20210128_084352.thumb.jpg.5470573e81b713315880f2efe605cfd4.jpg

I'm pretty chuffed with how it came out, time will tell how well it lasts!

On 23/01/2021 at 21:45, Spartan09 said:

ask and you shall recieve @AlphaBear
i got an armourer works mag of my own, and took a video of me mag dumping it into a target... filmed using an ICU camera mounted on the top rail of the AAP,  then i had to use an online video compression program to get it below the 89mb file limit for the website, hence the watermark

i can confirm that a single gas fill is insufficient to empty the whole mag...   may need three fills to do a whole mag...    luckily i can carry cans of gas in my pouches on site, so refills arent an issue for me in the field/back at respawn

icu0018_e0D0XNgj.avi

Crikey that was totally bonkers.... Insane.. damn this thread! Now that itch needs to be scratched..... bollocks :D

2 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Crikey that was totally bonkers.... Insane.. damn this thread! Now that itch needs to be scratched..... bollocks :D

glad to be of help  =P