The AAP-01 Owners Thread.

Cr0-Magnon

6 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I noticed on a warm day and using the drum mag, I was running slightly hot. So have reverted to the stock inner (which seems more than adequate to me anyway). I'm getting very consistent results, just below the joule limit. This one did make me chuckle though..

IMG_20220403_113229.jpg

Blimey! That's bonkers :D I've a 129mm Crazy Jet with 50deg Flamingo in mine and I've never done a chrono on it...

BTW which gas did you use for this test and what temp was it if you could recall?

I wouldn't be surprised if yours was around 330fps on. 0.20g. This was done on Abbey Predator. I was going back and forth between indoors and out, testing various weights with the hop set etc. Fair to say not cold conditions though.

I will also add that while it obviously doesn't matter in CQB. If you're talking full potential, 0.32g's are probably slightly on the light side.

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

Decided I wasn't going to be outdone by @AlphaBear, so fitted a 129mm AA 6.03 inner barrel.

Also I was questioning whether it's worth using heavier than 0.28's, as I'll be mostly using this in CQB/Urban. Getting very good results on this weight though. Oh and loving my new TTI charging handle/fire selector.

Oh and before anyone talks shit about my foregrip, holding this with two hands and letting rip with full-auto, is the best fun you can have with your eye pro on!

IMG_20220405_163741.jpg

IMG_20220405_163803.jpg

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

Can anyone help me out?

The hammer broke on my AAP (as usual I guess) so I have replaced it with the cow cow steel hammer, since then the gun has been acting odd. It will jam easily and runs on full auto no matter what I put the fire selector on, the bolt also stays open and gas escapes.

I have stripped down, lubed nozzle, rubber, slide etc, replaced both the recoil (cow cow) and nozzle (Waldo) springs but still the same issue, this happens on my HPA and green gas.

Any tips?

Edited by Boonie

• 1 month later...
On 07/04/2022 at 10:42, Boonie said:

cow cow steel hammer

Did you buy the AAP one or just a regular glock hammer?

This just arrived :)

eA0dcPg.jpg

Deadly Customs holster for the mamba upper, so I can use my pistol again :D

• 1 month later...

Can someone just give a bit of clarity on mag/gas router compatibility. I've got tm g series mag on a primary Airsoft adpater. Will this be compatible with the aap or would I require a nozzle change to a tm spec one? 

• 4 weeks later...

Played airsoft at the weekend just gone and the amount of HPA'd AAP-01's was insane.. It seems everyone is running these on HPA with a mix of Cow Cow and Waldo upgrades! I'm still trying to get my head around seeing a M4 adapter mag on a pistol but hey ho!

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/07/2022 at 19:56, Hunka1988 said:

Can someone just give a bit of clarity on mag/gas router compatibility. I've got tm g series mag on a primary Airsoft adpater. Will this be compatible with the aap or would I require a nozzle change to a tm spec one? 

AAP's nozzle is proprietary, you're better off with a WE spec router, even better if you can find AW red routers 

Well after my knocker lock died last year and losing the replacement somewhere in the house, I've found another one on firesupport and installed it last week. So glad I didn't sell this AAP-SMG, as it does put a smile on my face!!

Might use it for a few games as an aggressive sniper sidearm at my mates new site, Killzone airsoft on September 4th! @Steveocee Had to tag you in this so you can tell Joe and Gary I'm advertising for them 🤣

On 19/08/2022 at 11:16, Steveocee said:

I'll see you on the 4th then matey 😝

Awesome stuff, don't think I've seen you since "the incident" last time we went to Hell's!! 

On 20/08/2022 at 22:02, leadly said:

Awesome stuff, don't think I've seen you since "the incident" last time we went to Hell's!! 

lol My yes. That was a while ago. I'll be there matey.....Orange hoodie and everything.

• 5 weeks later...

Question for the hive mind on these - my friend has just bought one and me not having any knowledge on them couldn't help problem solve.

Playing last night and the gun ran fine for the first game or two, suddenly the gun just started venting mags and the nozzle seems to jam up slightly when returning after each shot (then vents) hes tried realigning the hop as that appeared to have twisted slightly out of plum but its still venting and the bolt/nozzle still seems to not be returning properly.

any ideas?

The hop shouldn't twist, it's locked to the outer barrel via two screws, and the outer barrel is locked into the upper via another two screws.

Remove the upper (there is a big black button on the back of the gun, right below the bolt, push it forward and lift the back of the upper) and check for damage on the trigger parts (specifically the hammer, it's rather weak and it's, in most cases, the first thing that breaks).

Also try with a different magazine because AA mags are subpar.

Edited by Skara

3 minutes ago, Skara said:

The hop shouldn't twist, it's locked to the outer barrel via two screws, and the outer barrel is locked into the upper via another two screws.

Remove the upper (there is a big black button on the back of the gun, right below the bolt, push it forward and lift the back of the upper) and check for damage on the trigger parts (specifically the hammer, it's rather weak and it's, in most cases, the first thing that breaks).

Also try with a different magazine because AA mags are subpar.

Thanks mate, what mags are generally the go to for the AAP?

2 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Thanks mate, what mags are generally the go to for the AAP?

I use WE/AW mags with red AW routers, they are definitely more efficient than AAs.

Sometimes I couldn't get a full mag worth of gas with AA mags.

• 1 month later...

Playing yesterday I ended up boxed into a corner in a maze like building, so used my AAP-01 instead of the AEG and crouched down and made myself small. Got a nice streak of kills, but the pistol was probably way too loud (and on Nuprol 3.0 / red gas). 

I use a CTM holster so can still use any accessories I want, so I think I need to add a "good enough" suppressor that's not wallet busting, and one that's not too long (no longer than 100mm I think?).

Anyone able to kindly recommend one in stock with a reputable UK supplier?

I've not checked the stock levels for you but I've got a KAC quick detach suppressor on mine. You can take the foam out and slide a tracer unit inside as well. I'm sure I paid sub £40 for it.

It's not going to make a massive difference with it being a gas blow back if I'm honest but I still run one on my AAP - SMG because it looks nice!

• 3 weeks later...