The AAP-01 Owners Thread.

Cr0-Magnon

On 12/01/2022 at 22:50, JSilversides said:

Had a look and they are exactly the same from what I can see, the AW drum mag is commonly used with the AAP too so I don’t think compatibility is the issue I’m having

Did you fix it?

In the meantime I have ordered 3x CowCow sets + 2x AA CNC hammers from wgc.

Two CC sets are for me, the third for a friend and the two hammers for my local retailer since he has two broken AAPs waiting for parts (and he can't find any).

Also, TTI is making a new upper receiver with an integrated TDC and a M4 handguard + M4 stock threads and mounting points.

Priced at about €170, it's super expensive but I think it'll just blow every other carbine kit out of the market.

Hey guys, a little help please….

I have “upgraded” my original aap (on the right in the pic) with a new trigger and hammer assembly as the first hammer melted. And the slide catches on something, putting the new stick one side by side the new flock cow cow hammer bits seem to stick up ever so slightly.

I can’t see what else it’s catching on. Any ideas?

FA934969-3663-40FD-88FC-691124C6AF20.jpeg

Not the slide, but you know what I mean, hopefully 😂

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/01/2022 at 20:45, Albiscuit said:

flock cow cow hammer

I'm pretty sure you meant glock.

I noticed CowCow makes a dedicated AAP set (which I ordered and still is nowhere to be seen), I have also heard that some people had similar issues with Glock hammers...

Will investigate a bit, in the meantime you could ask on the FB group.

Haha yeah stupid auto correct.

hmm I was told the glock ones would be fine. Now there’s a dedicated aap one makes me think it’s not ideal. I might source one of those and give it a go.

I have had another look and can’t work out what else it could be so I’m going with that.

cheers

So.

My bank account is crying, my hammer parts finally reached my customs, and I have just ordered a TTI carbine kit from Airsoft World for € 240 ish including a super expensive UPS shipping and import fees.

Hammer sets arrived yesterday and it literally took me 5 minutes to do both guns, I was expecting to suffer excruciating pain with all the little springs and pins and parts and shit...

The only "issue" I had was to figure out how the hammer spring wanted to sit, but anyway.

I have also moved the mamba upper to my pistol and drilled the TDC hole.

Now I just need to wait for those cunts at Airsoft World to post my stuff.

2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Airsoft World have the AA CNC hammer back in stock now, but I  believe @leadly you said that your's buggered up with less than a 1000 rounds through it? 

I had a look at them, and I wasn't impressed, but that's from an aesthetic point of view.

But then again CowCow parts are shiny :D

4 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Airsoft World have the AA CNC hammer back in stock now, but I  believe @leadly you said that your's buggered up with less than a 1000 rounds through it? 

It turned out to be the Knocker lock in the end. It's been sat in the letter rack by the front door and will probably sit there for some time longer because a) I don't use the AAP SMG hardly ever b) Divorce c) Acetech have announced a new shotgun tracer so might sell the AAP or atleast parts of it to fund that!

9 hours ago, Skara said:

Hammer sets arrived yesterday and it literally took me 5 minutes to do both guns, I was expecting to suffer excruciating pain with all the little springs and pins and parts and shit...

The only "issue" I had was to figure out how the hammer spring wanted to sit, but anyway.

I have also moved the mamba upper to my pistol and drilled the TDC hole.

Now I just need to wait for those cunts at Airsoft World to post my stuff.

Forgot to add pictures.

Here, have a low quality, crap lighting image of the pistol one:

RxDvuJY.jpg

And have a terrible quality detail of the TDC hole:

txelr2N.jpg

3 hours ago, leadly said:

It turned out to be the Knocker lock in the end. It's been sat in the letter rack by the front door and will probably sit there for some time longer because a) I don't use the AAP SMG hardly ever b) Divorce c) Acetech have announced a new shotgun tracer so might sell the AAP or atleast parts of it to fund that!

Mines be sat in it's box too and hasn't seen active service since I got it... The same with Armourer Works Drum mag. I'll probably get my finger out at some point and take it out on s skirmish. The thing is I seem to use my HK45 and MK23 mostly...

• 2 weeks later...

So this thing just got delivered:

CfnOpLy.jpg

pWQHjRw.jpg

I'm pretty sure I am the first (and most likely only one for a while) owner of a TTI carbine kit here in Italy :D

From the pics I've seen in Facebook it looks really good!

Look forward to seeing it all out together!!

6 minutes ago, leadly said:

From the pics I've seen in Facebook it looks really good!

Look forward to seeing it all out together!!

Build quality seems really good, I will assemble it tonight once I get home.

I do need a short 4/5" handguard though, as of now I'll just use the King Arms one I have from my PDW, but it's grey and it's a bit shit so it'll need replaced soon.

iMfRcI0.jpg

Half assed assembly done last night, fits fine but obviously it'll need proper lubrication.

Regarding the handguard:

The King Arms one I have has a too tight barrel nut that doesn't slide over the barrel stump, so I'll have to look for a different one.

Any suggestions for a not too silly look?

Edited by Skara

• 2 weeks later...

Handguard arrived, this is roughly how it looks like:

bvEdEL8.jpg

Unfortunately it doesn't really fit, the barrel nut is just a hair too narrow for the barrel stump to fit so I will have to turn down the stump by just a smidge:

yHX1edt.jpg

So this is my current configuration. Can't believe it took me this long to figure out that the rails are standard picatinny size that you get on most rifles, rather than the pistol size for Glocks etc (sorry I don't know all the RS technical terms). Now I know why my Surefire X300 Clone and RMR Red Dots were loose!

Anyway pretty happy with it. Although for weight distribution a smaller sight would be much better, this is all I had in the cupboard. My actual question is, can I use a stock in combination with the Black Mamba kit? 

IMG_20220315_071408__01__01__01__01.jpg

3 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

My actual question is, can I use a stock in combination with the Black Mamba kit?

Absolutely, if you scroll back a couple of pages you'll see my old SMG setup :D just be aware that the top rail on the mamba sits half a centimetre lower than the bridge rail, which is mainly why I moved on the stupid expensive TTI kit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/03/2022 at 07:28, Cr0-Magnon said:

So this is my current configuration. Can't believe it took me this long to figure out that the rails are standard picatinny size that you get on most rifles, rather than the pistol size for Glocks etc (sorry I don't know all the RS technical terms). Now I know why my Surefire X300 Clone and RMR Red Dots were loose!

Anyway pretty happy with it. Although for weight distribution a smaller sight would be much better, this is all I had in the cupboard. My actual question is, can I use a stock in combination with the Black Mamba kit? 

IMG_20220315_071408__01__01__01__01.jpg

That's definitely the Will Smith of AAP's :D

Can I secretly say I kinda dig it..... :D

Errmm.......thanks?

I was actually looking at ordering some new accessories as a reward for performing so well at Southcoast CQB. The range on it is ridiculous and it'll hop whatever you want.

8 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Errmm.......thanks?

I was actually looking at ordering some new accessories as a reward for performing so well at Southcoast CQB. The range on it is ridiculous and it'll hop whatever you want.

I need to dust my stock one off, when I figure out where I've put it.... lol

What internal upgrades have you got in it again may I ask?

Not that much actually. 150mm maple leaf crazy jet (you may need to stick to 129mm on the stock upper), flamingo 50 degree bucking, CNC rotary hop unit, hadron shortstroke kit and TTI flat trigger as the pull on the stock one is horrendous.

8 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Not that much actually. 150mm maple leaf crazy jet (you may need to stick to 129mm on the stock upper), flamingo 50 degree bucking, CNC rotary hop unit, hadron shortstroke kit and TTI flat trigger as the pull on the stock one is horrendous.

Yeah the stock trigger takes 1-3 business days to pull! Really need to chuck the new Knocker arm in mine but I canny be arsed!

I noticed on a warm day and using the drum mag, I was running slightly hot. So have reverted to the stock inner (which seems more than adequate to me anyway). I'm getting very consistent results, just below the joule limit. This one did make me chuckle though..

IMG_20220403_113229.jpg