The AAP-01 Owners Thread.

Cr0-Magnon
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Also..  forgot to upload pics of the damage done to the blowback unit..   not sure if this will be serviceable with a new hammer, or if it will also need replacement..

20211017_015036.jpg

20211017_015043.jpg

20211017_015219.jpg

found an action army hammer in stock with tango down airsoft and ordered it.

hopefully it will be here by the end of the week so i can rebuilt it ready for the weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, I am finally part of the club after receiving my AAP a few weeks back. I was never a fan of the looks (which has now grown on me) but these looked like so much fun to use and at the price point it's hard to say no. I am looking to fit my x300 torch but cannot for the life of me find a rail set in stock anywhere. My question is, does anyone know where there are AAP-01 accessories in stock or is there somebody 3d printing rails? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few questions on what I should put in my budget hi CAPA. (The AAP 01) I want to have the stock internals completely upgraded with these ones. Should I add or subtract any of these. Is there any of these I don't need to spend the money on because the stock internals are just as good. I want to start building this monstrosity soon.

https://shop.jkarmy.com/cow-aap01-stainless-steel-hammer-set-for-aap01-gbb-aap-01.html

https://shop.jkarmy.com/cow-aap01-enhance-plastic-nozzle-set-for-aap01-gbbp-series-aap-01.html

https://shop.jkarmy.com/action-army-cnc-magwell-for-aap01-black-red.html

https://shop.jkarmy.com/tti-airsoft-selector-switch-charge-handle-for-aap-01-gbb-pistol.html

https://shop.jkarmy.com/action-army-aap01-black-mamba-cnc-upper-receiver-kit-b-aap-01.html

The hammer is necessary.  I thought about the selector switch but ultimately decided against it as I only use semi. Full auto is for those showing off moments but are so far between I couldn't really see the point in installing it. 

The only thing currently upgraded internally on mine is the hammer as the original melted on me. There will be a new trigger and a waldo short stroke kit in it soon but I cannot really comment on the nozzle set.

Magwell and slide are purely gun bling really. I like the mamba slide but dont want to pay that price for it, I have a magwell but currently its not installed as it doesnt play nice with a drum mag.

From what Iv'e been seeing on social media, Waldo and Matt from iMakeit3D both have some new AAP-01 parts in their respective pipelines!

• 4 weeks later...

What a load of ball bags.

I've not stripped it down yet but my AAP-SMG has shit it's hammer AGAIN by the looks of it.

I replaced it with the updated AA version as I couldn't get a CowCow at the time.

I'm genuinely considering just selling all the bits off it and forgetting it ever happened 😂

14 minutes ago, leadly said:

What a load of ball bags.

I've not stripped it down yet but my AAP-SMG has shit it's hammer AGAIN by the looks of it.

I replaced it with the updated AA version as I couldn't get a CowCow at the time.

I'm genuinely considering just selling all the bits off it and forgetting it ever happened 😂

That sucks!

It appears that the only option is to get a CowCow set then...

Great, the thing is impossible to get here in Italy..I guess I'm fucked :D

It's genuinely frustrating. Probably had no more than 1000 rounds down it since I replaced the hammer and that's being pretty generous.

I've made a point of not using full auto on it either. Yes it's been ran on HPA, but haven't used anything above 80 PSI. I normally get away with setting my reg for my MTW, which is about 75psi and that covers my AAP, MK23 and Hi Capa quite nicely.

Edited by leadly

6 hours ago, leadly said:

... my AAP-SMG has shit it's hammer AGAIN by the looks of it.

I replaced it with the updated AA version...

The Action Army CNC Steel Hammer or the stock version 2 hammer found in the newer AAP-01's?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I was wrong, this time it was the auto sear. Or atleast i think it is 

Is that the auto sear or what's left of it there?

EDIT: Valve Knocker Sear apparently

IMG_20211222_232626__01.thumb.jpg.a03d805816d7e17b0698fbda5d49d67c.jpg

Edited by leadly

14 hours ago, Jamez229 said:

Hey guys, just a quick question would an extended WE b92 mag from patrol base work in my aap? Thanks

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/we-europe-b92-b9-extended-50rnd-gas-magazine

This is the one you'd need... https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/we-europe-eu-series-eu17-18-extended-50rnd-gas-magazine

1 hour ago, Fatboy40 said:

Any idea if there is any other extended mags that would fit the aap, Because its out of stock? And also just to make sure that mag will not fit in my aap then?

Edited by Jamez229

I may have 2 x WE extended mags I would consider parting with.

On 23/12/2021 at 12:18, leadly said:

Ok so I was wrong, this time it was the auto sear. Or atleast i think it is 

Is that the auto sear or what's left of it there?

EDIT: Valve Knocker Sear apparently

IMG_20211222_232626__01.thumb.jpg.a03d805816d7e17b0698fbda5d49d67c.jpg

Does this means that the Cow Cow complete hammer kit set would be needed regardless? I was going to buy the CTN hammer from airsoftworld as a backup but may not bother now.... Might swell buy the Cow Cow set...

Unfortunately not mate, the hammer set includes:

"Hammer Set Including Hammer, Sear, Firing Pin, Rotor & Rotor Spring For Action Army AAP01"

I've managed to find one in-stock at fire-support. I really am impressed with the amount of random bits and bobs they have!

Once it's fixed I need to have a sit down and think about whether I keep it or sell it as it just isn't getting used.

Recently bought an AAP-01 and, although they do seem a lot of fun, I really don't think it's for me. Anyone wanting a tan version keep your eyes on the classifieds soon 👀

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/07/2021 at 08:43, leadly said:

Tonight's job, should I get chance, is to HPA tap my drum mag and get that set up for around 300fps. 

Already managed to get my tracer to fit inside my KAC QD supressor so I'll be good to go. Plans are first few games with the AAP SMG then finish the day with the Hi Capa.

Have you experienced any feeding issues with the HPA tapped AW drum mag? Currently looking for a solution as I’ve recently put the hadron bouncer kit in mine along with a flamingo 60 bucking and a hadron Hplate and I’m finding every 4-5 bb’s I get a dry fire. Pretty certain it’s the drum mag as I’ve tried with the standard gas mag and had no feeding issues

3 hours ago, JSilversides said:

Have you experienced any feeding issues with the HPA tapped AW drum mag? Currently looking for a solution as I’ve recently put the hadron bouncer kit in mine along with a flamingo 60 bucking and a hadron Hplate and I’m finding every 4-5 bb’s I get a dry fire. Pretty certain it’s the drum mag as I’ve tried with the standard gas mag and had no feeding issues

I'd look at the feed lips, compare the drum to your standard mags and see if there are any differences in dimension or shape.

So i have finally put my melted AAP back together with the new hammer and trigger parts but something is catching now. When I pull the slide back to cock it most of the time its fine but sometimes it catches on something. I cant seem to work out exactly what its hitting, anyone had a similar issue? 

On 11/01/2022 at 20:50, Skara said:

I'd look at the feed lips, compare the drum to your standard mags and see if there are any differences in dimension or shape.

Had a look and they are exactly the same from what I can see, the AW drum mag is commonly used with the AAP too so I don’t think compatibility is the issue I’m having

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.