The AAP-01 Owners Thread.

Cr0-Magnon

14 hours ago, Captain Durka said:

Chaps, im thinking of buying the dedicated extended mags for my AAP, but I already have standard short ones, would run into some issues with mixing long and short mags? Thank you for any info given.

I can't see their being any issues dude. I run a mix of both and haven't found their to be any negatives apart from the added weight if the mag itself.

When I use my AAP pistol as my back up sniper "oh shit" gun, I'll just take out 1 extended mag with me for convenience.

Just remember to keep the gas topped up!

6 hours ago, leadly said:

I can't see their being any issues dude. I run a mix of both and haven't found their to be any negatives apart from the added weight if the mag itself.

When I use my AAP pistol as my back up sniper "oh shit" gun, I'll just take out 1 extended mag with me for convenience.

Just remember to keep the gas topped up!

Thank you brotha! Really appreciate the feedback, the only thing that kept me from buying an extended mag was a mate of mine said that there would be a pressure difference, thereby I had change hop up depending on the mags being used, short or long. That seems to be debunked as of now haha

Today's job was to install my Airtac TDC. Fairly simple to do, kit is nicely made and even supplied a drill bit.

Ran out of time to test it as I had the school run to do but I'll do some testing and some photos tonight!

Yeah........I fully intended on using my AAP SMG at the Gaol, but my love affair with my MTW continues!!

13 hours ago, Stevobeavo said:

Got the holster on a molle adapter last night. Had to quickly drill another hole in the adapter and through the inside of the holster it's self.

Very secure and looking forward to trying it out tomorrow. 

IMG_20211001_233529.jpg

IMG_20211001_233557.jpg

I do quite like the holster, however it took me a bit of getting used to as the release lever works the opposite way to the DTD one I use for my MK23!

17 hours ago, leadly said:

I do quite like the holster, however it took me a bit of getting used to as the release lever works the opposite way to the DTD one I use for my MK23!

Ive only ever used your normal type holster and I think this feels more natural for me. Within a few minutes of wearing it could easily unholster and reholster in seconds. 

ran the aap01 today at AI500, and it was performing beautifully, easily outranging most of the AEGs onsite....   until it wasnt

was popping a few shots (semi-auto only) and the bolt jammed half way back. tried recocking the gun as my first thought was that it had cooled down too much on green gas, but it was jammed solid, so was put back into my box and i grabbed my tippmann to finish the day...

just stripped it down and found the hammer has broken, a piece of it lodged under the fire selector switch, and it appears to have gouged the bolt carrier..  

no pics at the moment as phone just died on me, but will be updated shortly

2 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

ran the aap01 today at AI500, and it was performing beautifully, easily outranging most of the AEGs onsite....   until it wasnt

was popping a few shots (semi-auto only) and the bolt jammed half way back. tried recocking the gun as my first thought was that it had cooled down too much on green gas, but it was jammed solid, so was put back into my box and i grabbed my tippmann to finish the day...

just stripped it down and found the hammer has broken, a piece of it lodged under the fire selector switch, and it appears to have gouged the bolt carrier..  

no pics at the moment as phone just died on me, but will be updated shortly

It's not a bad job, I'm sure last time I looked, Airsoft World had them on sale at a fair bit less than I paid for mine!

15 hours ago, leadly said:

It's not a bad job, I'm sure last time I looked, Airsoft World had them on sale at a fair bit less than I paid for mine!

Just looked..   airsoftworld are out of stock for the hammer...

The search goes on...  (though im in no rush as i wont be going airsoft for a couple of months so i can save some money)

1 hour ago, Spartan09 said:

The search goes on...  (though im in no rush as i wont be going airsoft for a couple of months so i can save some money)

Just compiling a shopping cart at Rainbow8 for my Hi Capa and they have the games in stock there!

I used mine yesterday for the first time in anger, holster worked beautifully.

The gun Ran flawlessly on the WE mag in semi and auto but with the action army one, after a few shots the bolt wouldn't retract fully without a little push so I think I'll get another WE mag. 

Also with this hammer failure. What type is best? Ive also seen something about a 8/9mm bearing. Is that any good? 

14 minutes ago, Stevobeavo said:

I used mine yesterday for the first time in anger, holster worked beautifully.

The gun Ran flawlessly on the WE mag in semi and auto but with the action army one, after a few shots the bolt wouldn't retract fully without a little push so I think I'll get another WE mag. 

Also with this hammer failure. What type is best? Ive also seen something about a 8/9mm bearing. Is that any good? 

Glad to hear it's working well, or atleast well with WE mags.

Bearing wise, I've heard mixed reviews about the use of one from the AAP-01 Facebook group. The bearing is a reasonable fix if you can't get hold of a new hammer I guess.

If I remember correctly I did look for a bearing but struggled to find any so had no choice but to fork out nearly half the guns value on a new hammer!

11 minutes ago, leadly said:

Glad to hear it's working well, or atleast well with WE mags.

Bearing wise, I've heard mixed reviews about the use of one from the AAP-01 Facebook group. The bearing is a reasonable fix if you can't get hold of a new hammer I guess.

If I remember correctly I did look for a bearing but struggled to find any so had no choice but to fork out nearly half the guns value on a new hammer!

With a small amount of hop it chucked .30s down range well. And little bit more and it sent them spinning up to the clouds lol.

I'll maybe have to see what I can get hold off so I have something when it eventually breaks then. 

Cheers

2 hours ago, Stevobeavo said:

With a small amount of hop it chucked .30s down range well. And little bit more and it sent them spinning up to the clouds lol.

I'll maybe have to see what I can get hold off so I have something when it eventually breaks then. 

Cheers

I'm still yet to use my AAP SMG since I fitted the Airtac TDC. I've got a game on sunday which i was hoping to get a bit of use out of my VSR before switching to my MTW, so could use the AAP SMG as a very loud and agressive sniper sidearm! Will probably fill it with 0.32's as I have plenty of those laying around!

Afternoon all, I've joined the app-01 club, couldn't resist 20% off.

First test shot and its lifting .3g nicely. Now I need some mags and such to make it game ready.

As I understand stand, after reading the thread, it's WE g18 mags for best results and I have a question you lovely folks might be able to answer, regarding holsters.

I've just tried it in my warrior holster which takes almost everything but the enlarged mag release sometimes catches the holster release, making the magaine come loose. How thick is the stock magazine release? Iis there enough meat there to dremel off the top and stipple the release?20211009_152325.thumb.jpg.4d1d4947090f5a1c5a601aa29f2c50c6.jpg

14 hours ago, concretesnail said:

Afternoon all, I've joined the app-01 club, couldn't resist 20% off.

First test shot and its lifting .3g nicely. Now I need some mags and such to make it game ready.

As I understand stand, after reading the thread, it's WE g18 mags for best results and I have a question you lovely folks might be able to answer, regarding holsters.

I've just tried it in my warrior holster which takes almost everything but the enlarged mag release sometimes catches the holster release, making the magaine come loose. How thick is the stock magazine release? Iis there enough meat there to dremel off the top and stipple the release?20211009_152325.thumb.jpg.4d1d4947090f5a1c5a601aa29f2c50c6.jpg

Hello and welcome to the club.

As far as holsters go, you should definitely crack out the Dremel, but shave off the holster instead!

This because the Warrior holster seems to have this design defect where the plastic core presses against the mag release on a few handgun models (hi capas mostly).

This way you'll have a more versatile holster and keep the mag release as it is.

@SkaratSkara this is something. I've not found but I don't have a hi cappa and up until yesterday I'd only run m&p and baretta pistols.

Thank you for the advice.

Another question.

Are A.w.e magazines any good?

I hadn't seen the name before and the are tagged with being for the aap but I hesitated as I don't know them.

8 hours ago, concretesnail said:

@SkaratSkara this is something. I've not found but I don't have a hi cappa and up until yesterday I'd only run m&p and baretta pistols.

Thank you for the advice.

Another question.

Are A.w.e magazines any good?

I hadn't seen the name before and the are tagged with being for the aap but I hesitated as I don't know them.

Armorer works?

They're WEs with fancy red gas routers, I have one 50 rounder which works really really well :)

1 hour ago, Skara said:

Armorer works?

They're WEs with fancy red gas routers, I have one 50 rounder which works really really well :)

It's not armour works, I know them, these are tagged A.W.E. and I can only find them on airsoft world website. I'm starting to think that they are a rebrand/dealer own kind of thing.

On 04/10/2021 at 18:01, Spartan09 said:

Hey Spartan,

Looks like airsoftworld have a new CNC hammer in made by CTM and it's £14.95. They say it's quote "full CNC'd steel meaning it's rock solid and won't break unlike other 'alloy' made counterparts.  It's even QPQ hardened (Google it :)) for extra durability and corrosion resistance".

https://www.airsoftworld.net/ctm-steel-hammer-for-the-aap-01-and-tokyo-marui-glock-compatibles.html

16 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Hey Spartan,

Looks like airsoftworld have a new CNC hammer in made by CTM and it's £14.95. They say it's quote "full CNC'd steel meaning it's rock solid and won't break unlike other 'alloy' made counterparts.  It's even QPQ hardened (Google it :)) for extra durability and corrosion resistance".

https://www.airsoftworld.net/ctm-steel-hammer-for-the-aap-01-and-tokyo-marui-glock-compatibles.html

just looked at that one.
it says its for the AAP AND glock 18...   does anyone know if this is a straight drop in, or will it require fettling like some of the other "dual-fitment" hammers that have been for sale before?