5 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Update: I have joined the drum mag club... well in a couple of days :D

@Spartan09 thx for the heads up!! :)

welcome to the club 😃

happy i could help

7 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Update: I have joined the drum mag club... well in a couple of days :D

@Spartan09 thx for the heads up!! :)

Brilliant! Reloading is soooooo overrated!!

3 minutes ago, leadly said:

Brilliant! Reloading is soooooo overrated!!

Especially if you only have one std mag in the first place 😆

Now to grab that AAP CNC hammer from Airsoftworld 

The drum mag is inviting, but the weight is definitely not :D

I still need to pull the plug on two more AW extendos but I don't use the smg enough to justify them.

AAP and drum mag kicked arse last weekend at CQB. I found the weight of the Drum mag a pain in the are after a while, but whilst crouching the gun was perfect height when I balanced the bottom of the drum mag on top of my knee :D  

I figured out a holster solution too for the drum mag. A dump pouch 😂

Airsoftworld have the aap cnc  hammer for £20. I’ll add a few other bits to the order once I figure out what extra I need. mind you they are out of stock on many items sadly. A rear rail for a rmr is probably a good idea but it will probably get shot out in cqb anyway so scrap that idea. 

I can only assume that when used with just the pistol the drum mag could be a bit cumbersome but on my AAP SMG it's weighted just right!!

1 hour ago, leadly said:

Tap that ass!!!

Unfortunately I don’t have any HPA gear so wouldn’t know how to tap the darn thing. Roll on YouTube I guess.

Is the tap modification to the drum mag permanent?  

Edited by AlphaBear

47 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Unfortunately I don’t have any HPA gear so wouldn’t know how to tap the darn thing. Roll on YouTube I guess.

Is the tap modification to the drum mag permanent?  

Nope, It's just a fill valve replacement. If you want to take it back to gas you unscrew and pop the old valve back in.

13 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Can't stand drums so can anyone recommend some extended mags that work with the AAP?

The WE EU17/18 mags I believe work. Patrol base have them for £40.  You just need to confirm the gas router is the non MOS one flat not curved. Call them first though and see if they can send you a pic of the gas router. 

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/we-europe-eu-series-eu17-18-extended-50rnd-gas-magazine

I've got a couple of the WE extended mags that work well! Never had any issues with them, however they haven't seen much use!

13 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

Can't stand drums so can anyone recommend some extended mags that work with the AAP?

I'm using an AW one, it's working fairly well and it's €10 cheaper than them WEs.

I'll buy a couple more whenever I have some spare cash :D

1 hour ago, Skara said:

I'm using an AW one, it's working fairly well and it's €10 cheaper than them WEs.

I'll buy a couple more whenever I have some spare cash :D

Spare cash? Does that concept actually exists when it comes to airsoft 😂😂

I’ve come to the conclusion the stock hop rubber is utter pants. The consistency between each shot is like Dolly Parton jumping up and down on a trampoline. Time to swap it out for a Sniper Mechanics Pink Flamingo 50 degrees rubber. I also have a spare H-Plate which I bought for my MK23 but don’t need to install it in the 23. Am I right in assuming it will work with the AAP’s stock hop unit?

Edited by AlphaBear

1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

I’ve come to the conclusion the stock hop rubber is utter pants. The consistency between each shot is like Dolly Parton jumping up and down on a trampoline. Time to swap it out for a Sniper Mechanics Pink Flamingo 50 degrees rubber. I also have a spare H-Plate which I bought for my MK23 but don’t need to install it in the 23. Am I right in assuming it will work with the AAP’s stock hop unit?

It's not the bucking, they're actually quite good. It's the stock nozzle valve spring that needs swapping out.

20 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

It's not the bucking, they're actually quite good. It's the stock nozzle valve spring that needs swapping out.

Ahhhh ok that could explain why at 40m it was all over the place. Is the stock hop unit ok then?

For me a Maple Leaf Autobot 60 Degree 2021 Silicone, just that on its own, radically changed the accuracy / grouping. Previously shown veered slight to the left and grouping was OK'ish, post the Maple Leaf swap shots were dead center and 20m or so grouping was infinitely better.

The stock hop unit is great, I saw no need to replace it.

Has anyone used a CNC H plate in their hop unit similar to what you can do with the MK23?

I also have a Modify Tan hop which many people  use on the MWS which I believe is 60-65 degree and that's a really good rubber so I've been told. Although I still use a Marui rubber in mine which I can't fault..

https://www.skirmshop.co.uk/tan-accurate-hop-up-bucking-1st-class-aircraft-rub.html

16 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Ahhhh ok that could explain why at 40m it was all over the place. Is the stock hop unit ok then?

Yeah it's really quite good. A h plate does wonders if you want to hop .4+ as well.

Modify tan bucking would be really with a punt, have to ask yourself though, does your pistol need to fling a .4 out 60+ metres if it's not a DMR?

• Supporters

Finally at a game day, filled up my drum mag …. Went to wind it …. Nothing happened

unloaded it, fresh bb’s etc … still won’t wind, winder just spins

stripped it …

4D880C70-900E-4EB6-AD36-FF0FFA9615EE.thumb.jpeg.61aac1268b2cc9807e0cf2604c9b4b50.jpeg

outer looks ok ….

F8A6D9FA-D69D-471B-B6C7-F3CF8258D82A.thumb.jpeg.367fc1a1ed1563f2192914614d382a7d.jpeg

ah! … that missing gear on the winder … that’ll do it 😵💫😞

2 hours ago, Steveocee said:

Yeah it's really quite good. A h plate does wonders if you want to hop .4+ as well.

Modify tan bucking would be really with a punt, have to ask yourself though, does your pistol need to fling a .4 out 60+ metres if it's not a DMR?

That’s what my MK23 can do. The AAP is here just for  giggles 🤭 to be fair. It’s gonna be my HPA experiment at some point 🙌🏼  

Incidentally out of all my pistols I use my HK45 as my preferred backup. I just prefer the look and feel of it. 

2 hours ago, sp00n said:

Finally at a game day, filled up my drum mag …. Went to wind it …. Nothing happened

unloaded it, fresh bb’s etc … still won’t wind, winder just spins

stripped it …

4D880C70-900E-4EB6-AD36-FF0FFA9615EE.thumb.jpeg.61aac1268b2cc9807e0cf2604c9b4b50.jpeg

outer looks ok ….

F8A6D9FA-D69D-471B-B6C7-F3CF8258D82A.thumb.jpeg.367fc1a1ed1563f2192914614d382a7d.jpeg

ah! … that missing gear on the winder … that’ll do it 😵💫😞

Blimey. You should drop AW a mail and show them this. This shouldn’t be happening.