The AAP-01 Owners Thread.

Cr0-Magnon

So is this what everyone is using once their hammers break? Is anything else needed as I may as well stick in extras if I’m ordering from JK?

1AEDAE9F-E046-4BA5-B947-CFCEB8F299E8.png

I used the replacement AA one that Airsoftworld stock. In sure I put a screenshot of it in an earlier post!

I kinda want to replace the whole set with cowcow parts but they're overly expensive to import.

I might eventually just replace the hammer.

Thing is, the AA hammer is just as expensive -.-

Edited by Skara

8 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

@AlphaBear looks like a gen2 hammer. So stock and still just as chocolatey. Get one of the CNC ones in there and the problems go away.

I was watching your AAP-01 video on the tube last night. Very nicely done all 18 odd mins of it :) 

I just want to get all the upgrade parts in one go to avoid extra postage costs as I’m aware this pistol could be an unexpected money out as @Skarasays.

So other than the hammer set are there any other internal upgrades which are needed. I saw make a rotary hop too. Is that needed or is the stock hop unit good enough. 

@leadlyyup I saw your post earlier too. The question is AAP or Cow Cow or does it not matter? 

Ta..

12 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

I was watching your AAP-01 video on the tube last night. Very nicely done all 18 odd mins of it :) 

So other than the hammer set are there any other internal upgrades which are needed. I saw make a rotary hop too. Is that needed or is the stock hop unit good enough. 

Thank you, yeah that thing was a really nice build, never did get to use it in anger.

I would say the only thing needed is the hammer, the AA one is better for a "perfect" fit, the CowCow one is a touch cheaper but has fitment issues with the Mamba uppers if you ever strayed that way.

Other that that, nothing is needed on these pistols. They'll happily hop up to 0.4's out the box with no mods. Sure you can upgrade the barrel for small % improvements in grouping at range and you can stick H plates under the hop arm to hop heavier ammo and you can short stroke for a mega ROF. None of it is really needed, they are a fantastic pistol......kinda makes me want to buy one again.

Judging by the majority of things I've read on the Facebook owners group and the like, the main part of the hammer that breaks is the tab preventing the triangular style hammer from fully rotating. So when it does break you can clean it up, pop a 9mm roller bearing and file a bit off the rear of the hammer housing to ensure semi and full auto work. This is what I'll be giving a go when mine inevitably dies using it as an SMG. Worst case I'll just grab a CowCow or AA one, not a massive expense in comparison the most of the stuff in this hobby 😅

I've read that the hop unit is quite clunky in adjustment. They bought out a O ring to fit on it so make the adjustment a little more finer. 

I'm sure my mates got one and he said you still have split the upper to adjust it. (Although I just lock the slide and use a small screwdriver on the original hop). Adjusting the CNC will be more difficult with the stock fitted as you'd need to remove it to take the upper off.

Not first hand experience or advice so may not be 100% accurate.

6 hours ago, Steveocee said:

Other that that, nothing is needed on these pistols...

I personally get a little triggered by the amount of money that people spend on the AAP-01, as like you said it's almost close to the best it could ever be straight out of the box.

Unless you live somewhere where the ambient temp stays at the same all year round, our you use it with HPA, why spend hundreds and hundreds on something that could be a compromise 6 months of the year (I just don't understand those who spend hundreds modding it to a DMR when a AEG DMR would always be cheaper and better).

5 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

I personally get a little triggered by the amount of money that people spend on the AAP-01, as like you said it's almost close to the best it could ever be straight out of the box.

Unless you live somewhere where the ambient temp stays at the same all year round, our you use it with HPA, why spend hundreds and hundreds on something that could be a compromise 6 months of the year (I just don't understand those who spend hundreds modding it to a DMR when a AEG DMR would always be cheaper and better).

It's because people like the customisability and versatility of it. The amount of time and effort people put into making and sharing their own designs and products, most of the time for free is quite staggering!

Plus it's a cheap £80-90 pistol that can quite easily (using readily available AA parts) be turned into essentially a DMR with full Auto capabilities. 

I know most people own more than one of them (me included) but you could use just the one pistol as a DMR in the morning, rebuild it into an SMG after lunch and then use it at a pistol by just whipping off (or just folding) the stock and use it as a secondary.

I do understand your point totally, but why do we do any of it? Why do we mooch about in the woods or abandoned buildings shooting eachother? 

Because we can and because it's fun!

Edited by leadly

10 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

100% agreed with Leadly. What's different spending money on one of these to use as a primary compared to a hicapa build, buying a TM MWS or other gas rifle, upgrading your existing AEG, etc, etc. A lot of those are great out of the box and don't necessarily need to be touched. There are many aspects of this hobby that you can easily not spend money on, but if people want to they'll spend it.

6 hours ago, sp00n said:

Ok so I may be an AAP-01 addict

(and I have bits on the way to build another one 🤣)

18961BCE-6989-4ACF-A91A-493FA1A61A5D.thumb.jpeg.2c92bb1e0837bda21bfd3a26f5502602.jpeg

How on earth did you manage to add a MK18 type rail onto an AAP? That’s incredible!! Me likes!!! :) 

got to wait a couple of days for payday,  then i will be looking to get a replacement hammer and nozzle springs in preparation for when the stock on finally shits itself.

also...  FUCK does it sting getting shot by one of these... 

went to Red1 the school last weekend with my brother, who wanted to try the pistol to see what the hype was about,  as well as checking how well the spitfire tracer unit i fitted worked (as he is considering one for his next HPA build). little fucker then jumped on the enemy team...   and shot me with my own gun =/

i swear that shot stung more than anything else i got shot with that day, even though it was well within chrono limits and shooting .25g

i did get him back later though, so its all good

So am I right in thinking this pistol takes a VX model Armourers Works drum mag? From what I read on Evike the VX is the glock compatible model. Ergo it should fit the AAP. Right? Do we know if the routers will need changing or is it simply plug and play?

Just now, AlphaBear said:

So am I right in thinking this pistol takes a VX model Armourers Works drum mag? From what I read on Evike the VX is the glock compatible model. Ergo it should fit the AAP. Right? Do we know if the routers will need changing or is it simply plug and play?

got an armourer works drum on mine,  simply plug and play

5 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Hey Spartan , is it the VX model ?

hey alphabear
just double checked,  and it is a VX model drum.  i had to import it from AirsoftAtlanta due to it being out of stock everywhere in the UK.  

• Supporters
41 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

How on earth did you manage to add a MK18 type rail onto an AAP? That’s incredible!! Me likes!!! :) 

i 3d printed the adapter, and also a front barrel stabiliser (I snapped one, 70% infil petg)

FYI I have the armour works drum mag and it fits all mine … I did have to file down the AA flailed mag well mind

2 minutes ago, sp00n said:

I did have to file down the AA flailed mag well mind

i should mention to @AlphaBear, my AAP doesnt have any AA "blingy bits" like a flared magwell...  aside from an AA stock kit and Spitfire tracer, its 100% stock external

Thanks chaps. I’ll have a hunt around and see where I can get one from. They are circa £140 I see. Haha more than double the cost of the pistol (well nearly lol). 

On 29/07/2021 at 15:56, sp00n said:

Ok so I may be an AAP-01 addict

(and I have bits on the way to build another one 🤣)

18961BCE-6989-4ACF-A91A-493FA1A61A5D.thumb.jpeg.2c92bb1e0837bda21bfd3a26f5502602.jpeg

I recognize that middle one 😉