The AAP-01 Owners Thread.

Cr0-Magnon

2 hours ago, Skara said:

The bearing is so that you can still use the hammer while you wait for a replacement.

Ah it was more in the general sense of what function does the part that has broken actually do?

I've ordered the CNC hammer and TTI trigger anyway. 

I couldn't find an appropriate bearing in stock anywhere but they were coming up around £8 anyway, plus postage, call it £10 minimum. Nearly half the cost of the new hammer. I'm having a CQB affair with my Hi Capa at the moment anyway so the AAP SMG won't be missed too much while I'm waiting for bits.

Ordered all the bits and bobs that Waldos Customs sells for the AAP. Short stroke buffers, springs and things!!

Hadron short stroke kits delivered, had to pay an extra €14 in fees (thanks Brexit), bumping up the final price at €28.50 per kit (incl postage), which makes them automatically not viable to buy in Europe.

Will install tonight in both guns and I will also move the charging handle to the pistol while I wait for my WGC order to arrive.

On 26/06/2021 at 20:55, Fatboy40 said:

And this is a great video to follow for the swap out...

https://youtu.be/FQhVwcOeQ6A

... just take it steady and watch out for all of the springs trying their best to escape from you.

Brilliant video, used it last night to striped and mostly rebuild the hammer! Had a spring go walkies, frantically searched for half an hour, gave up then discovered it had rebounded off the wall, and hidden itself under the packet the new hammer came in! Wanted to cry for so many reasons!

I had a question, in the shares video, the very nice man is able to push the hammer down by hand (obviously with the upper removed) and then pull the trigger to make it reset. I tried this and it didn't work, this is why I lost my spring because I started pulling it back apart.

However, I tested it on my other AAP and that won't reset either unless I've got the upper on. Is this correct? There's sod all wrong with my second pistol so ???

You probably need to push the auto sear (it's a small flat tab that sits on the front right of the hammer as you grip the gun).

At first it scared the shit out of me because I pushed the hammer down too much (it engages said sear) and I couldn't fire.

ITS ALIVE, ITS ALIVE, ITS ALIVE!!!!!

Turns out it wasn't firing at all, the hammer spring leg had slipped out of place and one of the others wasn't located correctly. 

All a learning curve that I quite enjoyed, but don't wish to have to repeat anytime soon!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ4ad5FjD-F/?utm_medium=copy_link

Here's a quick video of if firing and a rough set up of the trigger tension I've set. Loctite pending. 

Also chucked in some Waldo Customs bits.

Snappy boy recoil spring and buffers (still get lock back)

Lil snap nozzle spring

Then some lovingly applied Waldo gun lube!

IMG_20210703_223410.thumb.jpg.3f2d0a5550eb99b4b350e30bedafb11e.jpg

Will test it out on the 9th at Hells CQB!

Them hadron kits didn't seem to increase the rof by a noticeable amount. Recoil vibration is definitely muffled though.

Tonight's job, should I get chance, is to HPA tap my drum mag and get that set up for around 300fps. 

Already managed to get my tracer to fit inside my KAC QD supressor so I'll be good to go. Plans are first few games with the AAP SMG then finish the day with the Hi Capa.

3 hours ago, leadly said:

Tonight's job, should I get chance, is to HPA tap my drum mag and get that set up for around 300fps. 

I've given up on my AW drum mag until I've the cash to HPA tap it as well and get a small tank etc., the gun and mag just get so cold when used heavily that output valve just keeps craping out on me and other problems keep happening :(

It's the way forward! When I got my HPA kit my mates were like "neah, never going to HPA my stuff, the lines too obstructive" fast forward a few months and it's "oh what kit did you buy?" 🤣

Main reason being my mates SMC runs stupid hot and he can never use it. Managed to bag some white gas and decent weather to use it once at Anzio and that's it.

Unfortunately though, all the regulators are out of stock and most of the tanks.

Well I my love affair with my Hi Capa was short lived!!

Played Friday night with my AAP SMG and wow, loved it! The new trigger has made follow up shots a lot quicker, especially with the uprated springs and short stroking.

Ran it with my HPA tapped drum mag. I did use my Hi Capa after a few games, until they turned all the lights out for a "night game" and the AAP SMG had to come out as I'd slapped a torch on it!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my TTI selector (along with a stock and another tti selector for my teammate), installation seems pretty straightforward: remove the stock switch, plop the new switch and linkage in (linkage goes first), screw all the screws, done. Drop the provided 4mm short stroke buffer and nozzle return spring if using the AA stock.

Will do that tonight as soon as I get home, will test with the current Hadron SS kit

My new (second) AAP done me proud over the weekend, I got LOADS of kills with it.

I just need to rebuild the original one which broke. I have allof the parts now and found a video on reddit on how to reassemble the trigger, hoping to have it done by the weekend for Saturdays game.

Anyone have any advice on hop rubbers or anything else worth changing on the inside? I was thinking about the Waldo short stroke kit.

So far I have a cow cow hammer and a new hi speed trigger. Plus all of the externals sorted

28 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Anyone have any advice on hop rubbers or anything else worth changing on the inside?

Is it an indoor or outdoor gun?

Because if it's an indoor gun the stock rubber will do, if it's for woodland games then you may want to get some nice range, in that case I'd recommed any of the ML rubbers (found decepticons to work particularly well), in 60° hardness. Don't forget a ML I-Key or a Hadron H-Plate to get the best results.

7 hours ago, Skara said:

Just got my TTI selector (along with a stock and another tti selector for my teammate), installation seems pretty straightforward: remove the stock switch, plop the new switch and linkage in (linkage goes first), screw all the screws, done. Drop the provided 4mm short stroke buffer and nozzle return spring if using the AA stock.

Will do that tonight as soon as I get home, will test with the current Hadron SS kit

As expected, installation was piss easy.

The grub screws are caked in threadlock though, so they require a little bit of force.

The only "hard" part was to screw the smaller grub screw into the knob, it needs to reach the spindly thing's centre and you need to put pressure on the knob itself to prevent the spring and ball from yeeting themselves.

P.s. it works with the Hadron kits, can't wait to take it out for the next game on Friday.

10 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

My new (second) AAP done me proud over the weekend, I got LOADS of kills with it.

I just need to rebuild the original one which broke. I have allof the parts now and found a video on reddit on how to reassemble the trigger, hoping to have it done by the weekend for Saturdays game.

Anyone have any advice on hop rubbers or anything else worth changing on the inside? I was thinking about the Waldo short stroke kit.

So far I have a cow cow hammer and a new hi speed trigger. Plus all of the externals sorted

I can highly recommend the Waldon short stroke kit and the nozzle return spring!

I kept the stock barrel but upgraded the rubber on my AAP SMG to a Decepticon 50. Stuck an Autobot 50 in my woodland one. Atleast i think it was a 50.....

22 hours ago, Skara said:

Is it an indoor or outdoor gun?

Because if it's an indoor gun the stock rubber will do, if it's for woodland games then you may want to get some nice range, in that case I'd recommed any of the ML rubbers (found decepticons to work particularly well), in 60° hardness. Don't forget a ML I-Key or a Hadron H-Plate to get the best results.

Will be one of my outdoor SMGs basically :D  

The new totally stock one I have will stay as one of my indoor pistols (and a back up one I can use for parts if needed)

Will have a look at a new rubber and the waldo short stroke kit, I dont think its worth changing the barrel yet.

Cheers guys

Stock barrel is perfectly fine. You don't want to risk running a hot gun

Edited by Skara

How are you folks finding the folding stock, is it pretty solid? I'm thinking of going the SMG route also, already got the HPA gear for my DMR so fancy a little bbrrrrrtttt machine with the stock and handguard combo.

Ordered a Waldo kit with the nozzle spring, a 9mm Poseidon bearing for when the hammer inevitably shits the bed and a few other bits. Probably grab the TTI trigger and selector - how's the quality @Skara
They seem to be nicely machined from what I've read on the facepants page

Pretty solid, I expected it to flex a lot but surprisingly it doesn't.

TTI triggers and selectors are solid as well, the finish is nice although the red ones have a slightly different shade than AA's red accessories. The selector was supposed to be stiff, it is definitely positive but not hard at all to operate.

If you buy the TTI selector it comes with a short stroke buffer and stiffer nozzle spring, so you only "need" the main recoil recoil one.

Sounds good to me, more money to burn for the Airsoft god's then. Good shout on the colouring, might just stick to silver or go boring all black.

Yeah I did see the TTI selector comes with a set so you can use it with the stock. Nice to have a spares and some customisabilty though I think. Can always throw it in another one later down the line for pistol use rather than stripping this one down.

Cheers dude

'nother update:

This is the current state of my AAPs. You can see the TTI triggers on both, TTI selector on the DMR and standard AA charging handle on the pistol.

5JYRVpw.jpg

Detail of the pistol (the sticker is from the latest tournament to indicate it chronoed at sub 1J)

ZNGLQAI.jpg

Closer look at the DMR (the missing screw on the grip stripped itself to all fuck on installation)

LoJglPe.jpg

Detail of the TTI selector

GMLeikz.jpg

Both looking very smart @Skara

I can also vouch for the sturdyness of the folding stock @Shaydee, well worth the money!!

I used my AAP SMG for the full night on friday at my local CQB site. The frame on my beloved Hi Capa cracked when i was setting it up the night before so i didnt want to risk further damage. After getting over my sulk from my scope battery dying 😁 I soldiered on and had a great night.

I've got a woodland game at Phoenix coming up so the AAP SMG will stay at home. My AAP pistol will get an outing though.

Then i've got Leicester Gaol in September, will probably use a mix of MTW and AAP for that.

4 hours ago, leadly said:

Both looking very smart @Skara

I can also vouch for the sturdyness of the folding stock @Shaydee, well worth the money!!

I used my AAP SMG for the full night on friday at my local CQB site. The frame on my beloved Hi Capa cracked when i was setting it up the night before so i didnt want to risk further damage. After getting over my sulk from my scope battery dying 😁 I soldiered on and had a great night.

I've got a woodland game at Phoenix coming up so the AAP SMG will stay at home. My AAP pistol will get an outing though.

Then i've got Leicester Gaol in September, will probably use a mix of MTW and AAP for that.

It has been ordered! 😄 Grabbed it from skirmshop.nl as it's sold out everywhere in the UK, I'll take a hit on the customs fees this time. AW drum should be here next week and got the HPA tap valve waiting for it. Hammer bearing on the way from WGCshop for when the hammer kills itself as well.

All the Waldo gear dropped in along with the TTI trigger and selector as they showed up yesterday, feels nice. Can't wait to have a pop with it next game!

Edited by Shaydee

So I was playing at the weekend and the amount of AAP-01's that had carbine kits on and were HPA'd was simply bonkers... needless to say the amount of kills these guys were getting was insane!! I was being out gunned and I was using my MWS which is a beaut but fcuk me the AAP-01's just rocked... I need to get my finger out and sort mine out.... So what do I need fellas? I guess it's a Gen 1 model so what's the first thing I need to get to make sure the innards don't break, melt, become like cheese?

Ultimate plan is to use an armoury works drum mag and use Colemans gas? I wanna be that guy :D lol

On 23/07/2021 at 11:54, Skara said:

'nother update:

This is the current state of my AAPs. You can see the TTI triggers on both, TTI selector on the DMR and standard AA charging handle on the pistol.

5JYRVpw.jpg

Detail of the pistol (the sticker is from the latest tournament to indicate it chronoed at sub 1J)

ZNGLQAI.jpg

Closer look at the DMR (the missing screw on the grip stripped itself to all fuck on installation)

LoJglPe.jpg

Detail of the TTI selector

GMLeikz.jpg

Damn!!! That just looks totally bonkers!!! Friggin luv it dude!