The AAP-01 Owners Thread.

Cr0-Magnon

17 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

I had high hopes for the "outer barrel", a nice long rail on the top, but the screws supplied with it were too long and stopped the bolt / carrier from moving when installed. The screws for the stock Action Army rail kit are to short to use, so I bought some 6mm ones but they were too short to properly screw in, so it's just gathering dust now 😢

That's some helpful feedback, you should let him know. I'm working with him to bring out my SCAR rail and he seems like a very helpful and understanding guy. 

33 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

I had high hopes for the "outer barrel", a nice long rail on the top, but the screws supplied with it were too long and stopped the bolt / carrier from moving when installed. The screws for the stock Action Army rail kit are to short to use, so I bought some 6mm ones but they were too short to properly screw in, so it's just gathering dust now 😢

You know you can gently file them down to the correct length, right? 🤣

But yeah, let him know about your issue.

11 hours ago, Skara said:

You know you can gently file them down to the correct length, right? 🤣

Ummm... I should do but sometimes I can't see the wood for the trees 🙄

11 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

Ummm... I should do but sometimes I can't see the wood for the trees 🙄

Hehe, I do it too sometimes.

Anyway, I'm still looking for a type B mamba upper (I don't like the snakeskin like pattern on the side), but all I can find is -stupidly overpriced- type As.

I feel like AA rushed to release stuff and now don't know what to do.

I mean it's been a good while since they first announced the m-lok upper/handguard/thingamabob or whatever the fuck that is. In the meantime they announced and released more cosmetic stuff like triggers and extended magazine release buttons.

What I'd like to see is a monolithic polymer upper receiver with a long top rail that sits flush with the stock, a bottom rail for a grip/torch and a metal thread insert, that can still be used with the stock 129mm barrel.

Kinda like a black mamba, but with more thought put into it (the misaligned rails when the stock is installed trigger my OCD).

1 hour ago, Skara said:

I mean it's been a good while since they first announced the m-lok upper/handguard/thingamabob or whatever the fuck that is....

God it's been ages hasn't it, and it looked so good.

Sounds like you guys need to check out the Facebook group Airsoft 3D Printing 2.0. a lot of people there are doing kits for the AAP including stuff that sounds a lot like what you're describing. 

I've found the 3D printed stuff a bit disappointing really, not the design of it but the quality when bought from a third party.

I don't know if they're compromising on the type, size of or amount of filament used but things feel a little too flimsy and with big gaps between the filaments / layers.

32 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

I've found the 3D printed stuff a bit disappointing really, not the design of it but the quality when bought from a third party.

I don't know if they're compromising on the type, size of or amount of filament used but things feel a little too flimsy and with big gaps between the filaments / layers.

If you can, get it printed in ABS. It's BB resistant, looks great and feels a lot better in the hand than pla or petg

Got a spitfire tracer for mine 😁

Tried to do bursts but at about 30rps the 24 round mag doesn't last long!

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

Just about to order an AAP-01 to use as a sidearm.

Has anyone had any experience of the 'RMR mounting plate with high rise iron sights' or running a mini red dot sight on the long top rail?

The long top rail looks like it just taps into the polymer. Is it strong enough for a sight mount?

11 hours ago, 38super said:

The long top rail looks like it just taps into the polymer. Is it strong enough for a sight mount?

Correct, the screws self thread into the upper's plastic.

It's not a solution I like because the chances of wrecking the whole upper are high should you bash the optic onto something, but from what I see most people don't mind.

Btw just saw your post on the FB group :P

Edited by Skara

Does anyone know anywhere (preferrably in the UK or europe) that has a cowcow hammer set in stock?

What would be the best upgrade barrel to use? (Keeping standard length)

1 minute ago, Spartan09 said:

Does anyone know anywhere (preferrably in the UK or europe) that has a cowcow hammer set in stock?

Airsoftworld OR some HK shop. There is fuck all available in Europe for some reason.

2 minutes ago, Spartan09 said:

What would be the best upgrade barrel to use? (Keeping standard length)

Whatever you want, the stock barrel is good out of the box, I don't see the point of swapping it.

My tracer unit arrived today so hopefully I'll be able to see where my AAP SMG is slinging BB's at the CQB site on Friday.

Unfortunately I've fallen in love with my Hi Capa and have bought it lots of gifts!

If I don't get on with the AAP SMG I may get rid and just keep my camo one!

AAAAAND I just bought the ONE remaining black mamba upper in Europe lol.

It'll be here in about 48h :)

6 hours ago, Skara said:

Correct, the screws self thread into the upper's plastic.

It's not a solution I like because the chances of wrecking the whole upper are high should you bash the optic onto something, but from what I see most people don't mind.

Btw just saw your post on the FB group :P

People do seem happy with the top rail but I'm not happy with it as an engineering solution. Went for the short rear rail instead. It'll be here tomorrow so I'll be able let you know how it goes.😃

6vCN33L.jpg

Shame that my triggers and short stroke kits are still somewhere in country, I don't like ripping apart guns more than necessary.

But at least I got something to do tonight.

Not too shabby, all things considered.

F9VluGD.jpg

1 hour ago, Skara said:

Not too shabby, all things considered.

F9VluGD.jpg

Well I hadn't even noticed the sling point located underneath until now!!

Looks pretty good with the Nov supressor on as well!!

21 hours ago, Skara said:

6vCN33L.jpg

Shame that my triggers and short stroke kits are still somewhere in country, I don't like ripping apart guns more than necessary.

But at least I got something to do tonight.

Welcome to the club!

I skirmished mine, complete with drum mag last week and although I probably could've gotten more kills with and AEG, each kill was far more satisfying.

I was a little surprised by the cooldown though, as it was a hot day (around 26C). However if I tried more than half a dozen shots in a row, it did splutter a bit. Leaving it to rest for a minute or so brought it back to normal.

3 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I skirmished mine, complete with drum mag... 

I was a little surprised by the cooldown though, as it was a hot day (around 26C). However if I tried more than half a dozen shots in a row, it did splutter a bit. Leaving it to rest for a minute or so brought it back to normal.

Cooldown is why I haven't, and won't, be buying a Black Mamba and end up with all that metal retaining the cold.

The drum mag does have an effect though, in that for me it encourages me to spam the trigger a lot more, and I then have to consider how I manage using the pistol as a primary and factor in short periods for it to warm up again before pushing / engaging anyone. At the weekend I'm becoming a member of my local site, which then gives me free on-site HPA refills, so I'm seriously considering tapping the AW drum mag for this as it's just swapping out the input valve (and then putting the gas one back in afterwards and using some maintenance gas for the seals) so no more cooldown worries.

I would agree with that from a purely practical standpoint, I do love the way it looks and feels though.

I think the best upgrade is the wheel adjustment hop unit. I know the AAP is already more than capable out of the box but I feel adding the proper nub and arm system takes it to a whole other level.

4 hours ago, leadly said:

Looks pretty good with the Nov supressor on as well!!

Yeah it's literally the only one I have available, I might shorten it down by one section as it's purely aesthetic.

I'm not sold on the T1 though..

4 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I skirmished mine, complete with drum mag last week and although I probably could've gotten more kills with and AEG, each kill was far more satisfying.

This one only has one skirmish under its belt, I might bring it this Sunday if I decide to play sniper, although given the stupid range and consistency it has, I might as well use it as a DMR-ish primary.

That is, if I don't strangle myself to death trying to sling the AAP, bolty AND the mk23 :D

I should really think about doing something with mine - haven’t taken it out of its box since I bought it and played with the fun switch with a tracer unit on it last summer - I’m a terrible AAP owner tbh

Used my AAP SMG with drum mag and tracer tonight for a few games! at my local CQB site.

I have to say i was considering getting rid but after removing my sight and putting a tracer on, it totally transformed how I used it! Really chuffed with how it performed......until my Hi Capa came out with my new MP5 adapter and then it got chucked back in my bag!