The AAP-01 Owners Thread.

Cr0-Magnon

https://www.skirmshop.nl/en/aap-01-tdc-prowler-hop-plate.html

It appears that skirmshop developed a TDC for the aap. Doesn't seem like a bad design, I just hope they didn't steal it from Hadron.

I've been out of the loop for a while but is anyone running an extended inner barrel through a surpressor? If so which length to keep it sub 350fps?

I'm sure Airsoft world sell 2 official lengths of Action Army barrels for the AAP. One is the correct length and one is for running into their supressor, so I'd "assume" that that length would keep it under 350.

I did a look!

Screenshot_20210513-165252.thumb.jpg.527dc19ff240e99836588c64e572c5f9.jpg

The above photo shows 200mm. Can't remember what mine chrono'd at the last time I used it. All I've changed in either of mine is the bucking.

Edited by leadly

• 2 weeks later...

From what I understand, I'd need to keep the barrel length under 150mm.

Anyway I've just picked up:

* Black Mamba Type A upper

* Hadron Shortstroke kit

* 50 degree flamingo bucking

* TTI flat trigger (the one without the Glock style safety)

So will continue looking into the barrel and I want to pick up some mag bases but otherwise think it should be pretty beastly.

5 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

From what I understand, I'd need to keep the barrel length under 150mm.

Anyway I've just picked up:

* Black Mamba Type A upper

* Hadron Shortstroke kit

* 50 degree flamingo bucking

* TTI flat trigger (the one without the Glock style safety)

So will continue looking into the barrel and I want to pick up some mag bases but otherwise think it should be pretty beastly.

WHERE?

Been trying to find a mamba in stock for ages -.-

Used my AAP SMG at a new CQB site near to me. Unfortunately due to the light level I couldn't really see where the BB's were going. There was a bit of no hit taking so I was either missing completely or just being ignored.

A tracer is next in the shopping list!

1 hour ago, Skara said:

WHERE?

Been trying to find a mamba in stock for ages -.-

Oh you know......somewhere outside The EU... 

https://www.airsoftworld.net/action-army-aap-01-black-mamba-cnc-upper-receiver-kit-a.html

They also have type B.

- Black Mamba Type A fitted.

- Hadron Short Stroke Kit fitted (300% nozzle BBU spring and recoil buffer).

TTI adjustable trigger (no safety) fitted.

Most of it was really simple but I found reassembling the lower far more fiddly than actual Glock platforms.

I've also just purchased the wheel adjustment hop unit, as with the BM kit you can no-longer access adjustment with the top still on. Will pair it with a 138MM Maple Leaf crazy jet and 50 degree Flamingo bucking. Full-auto is kicking out 25rps and should be over at least 330fps with the slightly longer inner barrel....think it's time to get a drum and go pistol only!

IMG_20210525_081018_1.jpg

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

9 minutes ago, Skara said:

so jealous :(

That's literally the only reason I did it 😉

....hey at least you guys won Eurovision! 😀

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

Do your hammer. I sold mine last week and the guy played 2 hours of full auto and it destroyed the hammer. Mine was 2nd Gen shiny hammer as well.

Another guy I know who has skirmished his 3 or 4 times has had the same thing happen. Such a shame the hammers are weak.

1 hour ago, Steveocee said:

Do your hammer. I sold mine last week and the guy played 2 hours of full auto and it destroyed the hammer. Mine was 2nd Gen shiny hammer as well.

Another guy I know who has skirmished his 3 or 4 times has had the same thing happen. Such a shame the hammers are weak.

Mine melted on the first day :(  

1 hour ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

....hey at least you guys won Eurovision! 😀

Not that I care much, I can't stand italian music :P

1 hour ago, Steveocee said:

Mine was 2nd Gen shiny hammer as well.

I haven't had any issue yet with both of my gen 1s. Mind you, I very rarely use (or carry) sidearms, most of the rounds I fire are at home, for shits and giggles.

The gen 2 "improved" hammer seems to last longer than the gen 1, but will eventually shit the bed. The only solution would be to upgrade to a cow cow set asap.

It also appears to be a somewhat common issue with the G18 system.

On a side note, I have just ordered two TTI triggers from WGC shop.

Just seen they do a steel hammer, so will pick one up if it fails....not the end of the world for me as most of my primaries are SMG's.

17 minutes ago, Skara said:

On a side note, I have just ordered two TTI triggers from WGC shop.

I like this one. It's flat but wide and has good grip on the face (unlike the cowcow), so I find it comfortable and without the safety getting in the way you can tune it to zero take-up. Let me know if you figure out why they tell you to put the small grub screw in the bottom though as I have no-idea what purpose it serves. 

4 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Let me know if you figure out why they tell you to put the small grub screw in the bottom though as I have no-idea what purpose it serves.

Overtravel I guess. Not really useful on the AAP since I found the stock trigger to break just a smidge before running out of available travel. But maybe these one are thinner and allow for a bit more travel.

Mind you, it'll take about 2 months for them to get here, based on my last purchase from HK (fucking airtech g&g short stroke trigger kit, took ages, had enough time to get bored of the arp and sell it -.-)

Edited by Skara

I installed the wheel adjustment chamber and 138MM ML Crazy Jet barrel last night. In case anyone was wondering, 138MM is the max length you can use on the Black Mamba kit without it extending past the muzzle break cutout and looking a bit silly.

This hop chamber is interesting as it changes the system from the standard pistol hop arm to a proper arm and nub, similar to an AEG setup. Just because I get FOMO over these things, I've jumped back on skirmshop and ordered a kraken flat nub to pair with the 50 degree flamingo bucking.

Looks like it's going to be pretty epic though. I started off with the hop on about halfway and it was skying 0.3s. Chronoed around 336fps on 0.2's

Picked up the Kraken nub and it's only really if you want to hop sniper heavy BB's, as tried it with 0.36's. Zero hop applied = needs more hop. One click on the dial, sends them to the sky.

I have since switched back to the standard AA nub, which is fine as it easily hops 0.30's with plenty of wheel to go. 

Definitely want to use this for village games at my local site. Early 340fps with no hop. Drops to a very consistent 316 when set to 0.30g.

Besides, I've just picked up one of these while I was exchanging my 19X....😬

IMG_20210531_151939.jpg

19 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Besides, I've just picked up one of these while I was exchanging my 19X....😬

IMG_20210531_151939.jpg

Does "one of these" = the AW VX Series drum mag?

If yes you may be interested to hear that mine crapped out at the weekend, which I use with my AAP-01 and I've not been abusing it and only use semi-auto, but was repairable. First the output valve crapped out and dumped too much gas each time icing the gun up, but easy to sort out, but more hassle was the coil spring in the winding mechanism popped off of the centre of the mechanism (the AW group on Facebook shows how to fix this, but I'm now going to buy a spare winding mechanism as you can get these). 

3 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

Does "one of these" = the AW VX Series drum mag?

If yes you may be interested to hear that mine crapped out at the weekend, which I use with my AAP-01 and I've not been abusing it and only use semi-auto, but was repairable. First the output valve crapped out and dumped too much gas each time icing the gun up, but easy to sort out, but more hassle was the coil spring in the winding mechanism popped off of the centre of the mechanism (the AW group on Facebook shows how to fix this, but I'm now going to buy a spare winding mechanism as you can get these). 

Yeah. It's turned the AAP in to a whole different animal - especially for the first hundred or so shots.

A shame about the durability, especially at the price! I often take back-ups of everything but will bear than in mind, cheers!

On 01/06/2021 at 11:19, Cr0-Magnon said:

Yeah. It's turned the AAP in to a whole different animal - especially for the first hundred or so shots.

Do you mean that after the first hundred shots the gas pressure drops or that you hit another problem?

If it's the gas pressure I carry either a mini Nuprol 2.0 can or a mini Abbey Predator Ultra with me, I can then top off the drum mag mid-skirmish and keep that peak drum performance 👍

6 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

Do you mean that after the first hundred shots the gas pressure drops or that you hit another problem?

If it's the gas pressure I carry either a mini Nuprol 2.0 can or a mini Abbey Predator Ultra with me, I can then top off the drum mag mid-skirmish and keep that peak drum performance 👍

Mostly that the RPM with standard mags is 1500. With the drum it goes up to 2000 and slightly higher power.

Thought I'd promote a couple of things my friends have five for the AAP.

First is a tdc kit from Airtac UK

https://www.airtac.me/aap-01

And the second is my dad's Battlestar Galactica inspired sci fi kit

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/gadget/aap-01-barrel-mod-b

1 hour ago, PopRocket123 said:

Thought I'd promote a couple of things my friends have five for the AAP.

First is a tdc kit from Airtac UK

https://www.airtac.me/aap-01

I had high hopes for the "outer barrel", a nice long rail on the top, but the screws supplied with it were too long and stopped the bolt / carrier from moving when installed. The screws for the stock Action Army rail kit are to short to use, so I bought some 6mm ones but they were too short to properly screw in, so it's just gathering dust now 😢