The AAP-01 Owners Thread.

Cr0-Magnon

34 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

So chaps.... what internals upgrades do you recommend I do to the plastic fantastic? She's all stock at the moment... I hear people mentioning COW parts so just wanted to know what I need. On a side note, when I empty a mag the slide locks back into position . Then on some occasions  it doesnt lock back and keeps firing on empty. Seems like a weak spring or something somewhere... Then sometimes there is a big puff and gas empties out of the mag... This happens when  using the supplied mag. I haven't tried a Marui glock mag yet....

ta

If you run it on semi only, you don't need to worry about the hammer.

The AA mag is crap, holds sod all gas even after multiple purges and has the same efficiency of a heavy ass full steel WE gun that runs on duster.

The first upgrade I recommend is a maple leaf hop rubber and either a maple leaf i-key or hadron equivalent, along with decent mags (WE standards are bang on)

37 minutes ago, Skara said:

If you run it on semi only, you don't need to worry about the hammer.

The AA mag is crap, holds sod all gas even after multiple purges and has the same efficiency of a heavy ass full steel WE gun that runs on duster.

The first upgrade I recommend is a maple leaf hop rubber and either a maple leaf i-key or hadron equivalent, along with decent mags (WE standards are bang on)

I'll probably want to run it on Auto too coz that's the whole idea of this.... truth be told I fancy an AW drum mag too :)

I already have a Marui Glock laying around but only one Mag. If I got a couple of more Marui mags would they be better than the r WE mags you think? 

Edited by AlphaBear

1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

I'll probably want to run it on Auto too coz that's the whole idea of this.... truth be told I fancy an AW drum mag too :)

I already have a Marui Glock laying around but only one Mag. If I got a couple of more Marui mags would they be better than the r WE mags you think? 

The routers are different but I found zero difference between my TM mag and my WE ones, so I guess you can use your TM mag without any issue. With that being said I do use my AA mags on my TM glock (for plinking at seagulls)

My AA mag has annoyed me, it seems to jam right near the top where the dual stack merges to 1.

Have a guarder aluminium case for it coming soon so that should fix it.

Newer aaps are now coming with a better hammer, it's shiny silver, apparently more durable.

Did a quick test on consistency with nozzle valve spring and really firmed up results, consistent 299 now.

Edited by Steveocee

15 hours ago, Skara said:

compatibility with some aftermarket hammers for the most part.

Probably not a worry for me, my original hammer is still good being a semi-only kind of guy, so I'll probably only swap it over for the improved OEM one once I've used the gun in a few more games.

I joined the ever-growing AAP owners recently, and treated myself to the AA hop unit.

Paired it with a 130mm ZCI barrel from @ak2m4

So I can replace the whole hop & barrel in one go, and keep the original set up if needed.

Currently using a flamingo V2, but I've also got a couple of maple leaf buckings on order too. (I thought I had some more spare, but obviously not). 

Can't wait to get out & use it next weekend! 

DSC_0405.JPG

DSC_0414.JPG

DSC_0416.JPG

Bit if a strange one but I replaced my TM glock 17 mags gas route seals with the ones for the aap-01.

https://www.airsoftworld.net/action-army-aap-01-upgraded-magazine-gas-route-seal.html

The stock aap-01 mag gets over 300 fps but the glock mags only get under 250-230.

I thought installing the aap-01 seals was what was needed for TM mags as it the standard one are more flat not curved like aap-01.

Thanks for advice.

Edited by GothicGhost

12 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

Bit if a strange one but I replaced my TM glock 17 mags gas route seals with the ones for the aap-01.

https://www.airsoftworld.net/action-army-aap-01-upgraded-magazine-gas-route-seal.html

The stock aap-01 mag gets over 300 fps but the glock mags only get under 250-230.

I thought installing the aap-01 seals was what was needed for TM mags as it the standard one are more flat not curved like aap-01.

Thanks for advice.

Gas routers are one component to this. The TM mags may require a stronger hammer spring to get more from them.

22 hours ago, Steveocee said:

Gas routers are one component to this. The TM mags may require a stronger hammer spring to get more from them.

I see thank you I look into that.

• 2 weeks later...

So my hammer melted today and smashed itself apart using full auto and drum mag.

Whilst I have it open and am replacing it what else shall I put in?

I am also keen on a metal threaded outter barrel, do they exist?

cheers 

An adjustable trigger if that's your thing.

While you have the lower cracked open, it might be worth considering the full set rather than the single hammer.

As far as metal threaded barrels, I'm afraid the only option is the black mamba upper or a custom made aluminium outer barrel (shouldn't be hard to do, it's basically a cylinder with a couple of holes in it).

Either case is reasonably expensive though.

BOIIIIIS!

I'm bored and I'm pissed off at AA for not releasing anything about the M-Lok handguard -.-

I want to finish my smg "build" and while I'm waiting for some good parts (namely the CowCow hammer sets and triggers -or the AA triggers-) I want to do the externals at least.

As of now I have installed the rail set on the stock upper and noticed a horrifying flex around the outer barrel when used with a grip, in a MP9 style.

Both guns are a little bit too hot for my limit (they clock in at 1.0something) so getting a longer barrel is out of question in any case, which then removes the need for a longer front end. Range and accuracy are decent, I don't feel the need for a CNC chamber....yet

Something like this, in practice (picture is not mine, the owner said it was okay to share).

Just a different optic (T1), suppressor and a thin and short vertical grip.

Trzcn17.jpg

Would you dig something like this?

Mine looked like that on Sunday (diff silencer and a drum mag though) before it blew itself apart and my god it was fun to use.

I LOVE smgs and was stupidly impressed with it like that until it went pop so yeah I DIG!!

I'm at Anzio Camp on Saturday, so i may whip out my AAP SMG if the air on my MTW runs out.

Had a little play with my mates SMC-9 yesterday, feels really solid! Mags are very very heavy though!

Well, an update from anzio. I loved using the MTW too much to use the AAP SMG.

Did use my camo'd pistol version quite a bit inside the buildings. Got a few decents kills with it. Ran it with 0.32's, but didn't really play with the hop too much because bits a pain so range probably isn't optimised.

Trigger felt a little sticky? Will have a test in the garden later and see what's happening.

Just sawScreenshot_20210424-090637.thumb.jpg.609eba86e13edabe639fdf303a9c33c3.jpg

Just saw these while filling one of my various payday pending shopping baskets! Only on pre-order at the moment but might try one.

Saw them too! They are interesting because they don't have the stupid glock safety.

I have ordered a supposedly adjustable trigger from aliexpress yesterday, €13 posted.

If it works, I'll get a couple more (or these TTIs if they cost less than a lung here in Europe)

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/04/2021 at 11:22, Skara said:

I have ordered a supposedly adjustable trigger from aliexpress yesterday, €13 posted.

If it works, I'll get a couple more (or these TTIs if they cost less than a lung here in Europe)

so, the aliexpress trigger got delivered, tried to install it but I couldn't (and almost fucked up the smg aap).

The hole where the trigger connects to the bar is too close to the border so the bar can't be aligned, also the safety has this uber awful spring that has nowhere but a flat, slippery surface to rest on.

I'll put it up for sale tomorrow and wait for the TTI.

On 11/04/2021 at 18:25, Skara said:

While you have the lower cracked open, it might be worth considering the full set rather than the single hammer.

Sorry to ask but I am a noob with internals. Could you point me in the right direction on what to order?

1 minute ago, Albiscuit said:

Sorry to ask but I am a noob with internals. Could you point me in the right direction on what to order?

https://www.wgcshop.com/collections/handgun-hammer-group-parts/products/cowcow-technology-cnc-stainless-steel-hammer-set-for-marui-g18c-gbb-pistol

dis, essentially :)

Nice one, ordering now then.

I want to get it back up and running

Just now, Albiscuit said:

Nice one, ordering now then.

I want to get it back up and running

I have one set in my cart, I'm just worried about customs though, I'm sure they'll fuck me as hard as they can with their robbery fees -.-

Yeah delivery is a worry but I dont want to right it off and need to try to get it working again. If I cant im buying another pistol and dropping it straight in :D 

Airsoft world have the red trigger too, going to buy the printed fire selector thingy too.

For a £90 base gun the amount being spent on it is fucking scary 

Ah FFS I just done a firesupport order and they have these in stock DOH!