The AAP-01 Owners Thread.

Cr0-Magnon

I think I’ll leave the the stroking to my cat (no pun intended lol). The pistol seems good enough as is. As I have a H key and a flamingo pink rubber I’ll Chuck those in. I guess there is no point swapping out the inner barrel with a stainless steel tight bore right? Unless there is a crazy jet one??

Everything apart from the short stroke kit has arrived now (knew I should have ordered the black rifles one). The CowCow trigger is simply marvellous to behold but I naively read people saying it was a "drop in" fit and assumed it would be easy, looks like an entire take down on the lower half to swap it over. At least I'll know how it all works when I'm done!

33 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Everything apart from the short stroke kit has arrived now (knew I should have ordered the black rifles one). The CowCow trigger is simply marvellous to behold but I naively read people saying it was a "drop in" fit and assumed it would be easy, looks like an entire take down on the lower half to swap it over. At least I'll know how it all works when I'm done!

I've always read 'drop in' as 'doesn't require modification', not that it isn't a ball ache 😄

Spent the evening putting some bits in.

Barrel, bucking, h plate, went in no issue, really like the hop unit design, feels so much better put together than a hi capa.

CowCow trigger, looks great, no sloppiness but have lost the use of both safeties, not a problem for me but no idea (or even cares) why.

Hi capa 140% nozzle spring, OMG what a difference, stock nozzle spring is ass and well worth the £2 to upgrade.

Fibre sights, it's 2mm fibre and the sights are plastic, me with 1.5mm fibre had to be very careful, got it in but in time will swap for 2mm.

Didn't video any of it as I wasn't confident and rightly so, had it in bits and resorted to YouTube for a rebuild guide. Will probably do a build overview though but nobody cares about a nobodys build so not a high priority.

Good to know that hicapa nozzle springs do the job. I’d read in various places that swapping out the nozzle spring for a 140 is a great, easy improvement but ordering the AAP specific one by C&C seemed like more hassle than it was worth.

Intrigued to know what your results are with the h-plate, mine never seemed to want to sit right to the point I just took it out (granted I didn’t need it for the weight I was feeding it).

1 hour ago, Steveocee said:

Spent the evening putting some bits in.

Barrel, bucking, h plate, went in no issue, really like the hop unit design, feels so much better out together then a hi capa.

CowCow trigger, looks great, no sloppiness but have lost the use of both safeties, not a problem for me but no idea (or even cares) why.

Hi capa 140% nozzle spring, OMG what a difference, stock nozzle spring is ass and well worth the £2 to upgrade.

Fibre sights, it's 2mm fibre and the sights are plastic, me with 1.5mm fibre had to be very careful, got it in but in time will swap for 2mm.

Didn't video any of it as I wasn't confident and rightly so, had it in bits and resorted to YouTube for a rebuild guide. Will probably do a build overview though but nobody cares about a nobodys build so not a high priority.

Every build is an inspiration.....! I know I'd like to see what you've done... :)

11 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

Good to know that hicapa nozzle springs do the job. I’d read in various places that swapping out the nozzle spring for a 140 is a great, easy improvement but ordering the AAP specific one by C&C seemed like more hassle than it was worth.

Intrigued to know what your results are with the h-plate, mine never seemed to want to sit right to the point I just took it out (granted I didn’t need it for the weight I was feeding it).

Incredibly easy, bolt out then undo the 2 screws at the top near the front of the nozzle. Standard spring is awful. The AIP 140% I put in "sat" on the locating lug (likely where a lot of the snappiness is coming from) but playing with the nozzle and bbu in my hands you can feel how stronger it is.

H-Plate is going to be an interesting one, I changed my mind last minute and went Decepticon 70 rather than the Autobot 60 I'd planned on but the H fits so nicely into the hop arm, real friction fit, I'd be shocked if it detrimented performance, looking down the barrel the profile of the bucking looked amazing. Can't wait for the HPA adapter to arrive so I can rip a few midcaps through to get it ready.

10 hours ago, leadly said:

Where did you get the 140% spring from @Steveocee??

Was a leftover I had from my recent Hi Capa builds. Mike @ Elite Shooting Centre sells them but do be careful as I ordered an AIP 140 previously and he sent me a crappy red DP 125 thing. IF you're not desperate, have a look at Rainbow8, postage is about the same as Mike but parts are cheaper (you'll get a pack of 3 for £4) and there are lots of other shiny bits on there.

10 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Every build is an inspiration.....! I know I'd like to see what you've done... :)

😁 I will try to get something put together. This entire thread has been an inspiration, watching everyone buy multiples of the things I wondered what the fuss was about. Having bought mine and thrown in mostly cheap upgrades I'm excited to see how it shoots.

Took a few dry fire tests last night to test the trigger, woooo she had a little bit of kick on her (must be so used to a hi capa with lightweight BBU).

Interested to see what PSI I can get 1J with 0.25's and 0.28's at as that'll be what I run it at (indoor/outdoor).

On 19/02/2021 at 12:19, AlphaBear said:

Oh yeah you wouldn’t even notice that In your jeans pocket mate..😂
What suppressor is that May I ask?

It's a cheap M-ETAL one from Skirmshop

https://www.skirmshop.co.uk/100x32mm-dummy-sound-suppressor.html

I opened it up, removed the spring from the middle, cut the 2 foam inner parts (as per an old KM mk23 suppressor video) and then used them to sandwich a scouring pad strip I stuffed in to make an "O" (FoamScourerFoam). Will find out how good it works when the primary turns up, I want to get the pressure down low for a quiet (obviously not mk23 quiet) but fast follow up setup as I'd like to use this at the local skirmish outdoor site, they have a village, netting maze, castle, outdoor speedball field I think it would do really well at.

9 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

It's a cheap M-ETAL one from Skirmshop

https://www.skirmshop.co.uk/100x32mm-dummy-sound-suppressor.html

I opened it up, removed the spring from the middle, cut the 2 foam inner parts (as per an old KM mk23 suppressor video) and then used them to sandwish a scouring pad strip I stuffed in to make an "O" (FoamScourerFoam). Will find out how good it works when the primary turns up, I want to get the pressure down low for a quiet (obviously not mk23 quiet) but fast follow up setup as I'd like to use this at the local skirmish outdoor site, they have a village, netting maze, castle, outdoor speedball field I think it would do really well at.

That site sounds interesting. Where do you play? Well did play? 

2 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

That site sounds interesting. Where do you play? Well did play? 

I'm based just near J28 of M1 so I have a huge list of sites in less than an hour's drive. The site I have in mind is Skirmish Mansfield but I've also got MCG, Anzio and The Gaol where I think this would have a good bit of use. Swap suppressor for tracer (indoor mode) and I have Skirmish Kirkby, ProjectX, Hells Airsoft (new) and The Department all quite close to hand.

21 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

I'm based just near J28 of M1 so I have a huge list of sites in less than an hour's drive. The site I have in mind is Skirmish Mansfield but I've also got MCG, Anzio and The Gaol where I think this would have a good bit of use. Swap suppressor for tracer (indoor mode) and I have Skirmish Kirkby, ProjectX, Hells Airsoft (new) and The Department all quite close to hand.

Gotcha. I’m 14 junctions down from you. I’m meaning to go up to Anzio too as a matter of fact. Also Gloucester prison sounds like an epic site which I want to try. I mainly play woodland truth be told where the Mk23 would work well, as you know.

Anyway, back to the AAP-01. WA drum mag or the TAP drum mag???

So, I was just browsing for "airsoft skins" and found this chap that does Camo Wraps for the AAP-01 (plus a few others). He's based in France though so not sure what the postage cost would be. He sells both the pre-cut templates below and also A4 sheets of the wrap. ...I guess the wrap could be bought over here and one could do similar. Anyone had any experience of wrapping RIFS?

https://en.airsoftskinzone.com/aap01

image.png.2c32baef51e878759c64b0752b30f0f6.png

CTM holster has arrived at my mates shop as well!!

41 minutes ago, Piman said:

So nearly ready to go. Just awaiting some springs. I have the CTM holster and it works well. Stands a little way from the belt but it is not bad.

<Image of awesomeness>

Just wow! Can't wait to see this. Love the SBA carbon suppressor idea as well, hadn't thought of that.

Interesting though as I wasn't aware the nozzle was G18C compatbile?

Look forward to seeing this built up.

8 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Just wow! Can't wait to see this. Love the SBA carbon suppressor idea as well, hadn't thought of that.

Interesting though as I wasn't aware the nozzle was G18C compatbile?

Look forward to seeing this built up.

Nozzle requires minor mods. Already done and tested this and it works perfectly with the TM mags (curved seal).

1 hour ago, Piman said:

So nearly ready to go. Just awaiting some springs. I have the CTM holster and it works well. Stands a little way from the belt but it is not bad.

James

Wow! There's not much left of the original gun by the looks of it. It should be an impressive build.

Only four more days 'til payday...