The AAP-01 Owners Thread.

Cr0-Magnon
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Oh gosh, that does look lovely!

Picked up my HPA tank last night and tapped some mags! Set to 90 p.s.i, getting a steady 330 FPS with a 2/3 FPS variant.

I cannot wait to use it on the 5th!! 

Was chucking some .32's don't the garden last night, on full auto it's like a hose pipe!!

Dis how mine looks at the moment.

The dot is just for show as it is a cheap piece of junk (if your eye is not 100% aligned it'll reflect the laser back at you lol).

I don't like the two tone looks, I'm getting a 2nd gun in black to be specifically built as a carbine (reverting this one back to a standard pistol).

Plus with the rail AA is developing, it'll probably look mint!

KQhscb2.jpg

77or4HV.jpg

Yeah that two tone just doesn’t flow. An all black affair would look better unless you camo tape the hell out of it???

The HPA bit interests me just from a technology perspective. Are out of the box mags not available or do you have to tap the mags yourself? Are there risks involved if you tap wrongly. And finally can the standard gun take the rigours of HPA

😂 We won't get banned for liking Mustang will we? I don't own any KMCS concealment systems.....honest!

The supressor needs a drill running through the middle to make more uniform as I had a few flyers from it!

Vertical grip is also off so I can holster it. I have a feeling ill be chopping and changing the form of it dependant on need.

@Skara I've got my eye on a second one as well, just so I don't have to keep on taking bits on and off.

@AlphaBear You literally use a flat blade screw driver (a special tool is available) to unscrew the filling valve on the bottom on the mag and then screw in the corresponding HPA valve. A little bit of PTFE tape helps seal better. 

I had to make the holes on the plastic base plates a bit bigger with my Dremel but other than that, really straight forward.

Maintenance wise, I'll probably put the original valves back in and fill with some abbey maintenance gas when not in use.

Damage to the RIF wise, if you don't turn the pressure all the way up and try not to dump mag after mag on full auto then I don't see it causing any additional wear. Although I'm a noob to HPA so I could be wrong?!

• 3 weeks later...

Just come across this geezer with an AAP-01 and a drum mag... I'm kinda speechless in a good way! It's like a mini support weapon. Not sure what the range and grouping would be like though? Any insights anyone?

Read the whole thread :D

Range is a mixed bag, people keep saying it lifts 0.45s out of the box, mine struggled to lift 0.3s until I swapped the hop rubber, now it reaches 60 REAL metres easily.

I don't really check groupings, it's meant to be a close range gun but I've had some pretty accurate first shots up to 50 metres.

And yes, with a drum and a stock it turns into a very fun support weapon, until the hammer explodes :D

16 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Not sure what the range and grouping would be like though? Any insights anyone?

Mind your own business!

Not unusually for me I've owned two of these and sold both on shortly thereafter. I personally don't think they're anything special on either front. Of course they're handy for CQB in conjunction with the drum mag and plethora of modular attachments but you hardly need to be able to shoot the wings off a fly at 100M for that purpose.

Between one of these and your MK23 you'll need to add a full-steel 1911 to your collection in order to remind yourself what a nice pistol replica should feel like. These are also very "toyish" in the hand.

5 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Between one of these and your MK23 you'll need to add a full-steel 1911 to your collection in order to remind yourself what a nice pistol replica should feel like. These are also very "toyish" in the hand.

These aren't meant to be realistic, they're meant to be practical :D so lightweight, ergonomic and packing a decent punch.

Think of them as speedsoft guns, they're unrealistic as hell but very efficient in what they're meant to be doing ;)

For realism, look somewhere else (FuLl mEtAl GBBs for example, so you can pretend to run cheap ammo when they stop working after half a magazine in the cold :D)

26 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Mind your own business!

Not unusually for me I've owned two of these and sold both on shortly thereafter. I personally don't think they're anything special on either front. Of course they're handy for CQB in conjunction with the drum mag and plethora of modular attachments but you hardly need to be able to shoot the wings off a fly at 100M for that purpose.

It does look very Hasbro and plastic. You’re right I do need a full metal 1911. At least I could chuck it 30m (airsoft metres) if I run out of ammo ;)

25 minutes ago, Skara said:

For realism, look somewhere else (FuLl mEtAl GBBs for example, so you can pretend to run cheap ammo when they stop working after half a magazine in the cold :D)

Don’t get me started on on cheap bbs in GBBRs you know where I stand there lol.

5 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Don’t get me started on on cheap bbs in GBBRs you know where I stand there lol.

Oh no, I wasn't talking BBs, but real cheap shit ammo in a real gun (so it jams/misfires/breaks) and comparing it to running a heavy ass slide in the cold (couple of shots then vents all the gas) ;)

Patrol base had a re-stock today but I resisted on getting a second one. I've just sold my ARP9 so now I've got a drum mag shaped hole in my life.....

Shit.

Just got a call from my local retailer.

He's just stocked a few AAPs....

Oh well, I guess I got myself a Christmas 2050 present, 30 years in advance :D

bLInXJ4.jpg

Why have one, when you can have two! :D

The all black SMG looks much better than my previous two tone setup.

already dropped a ML decepticon and slings 0.3s way ova der :)

I'm at 3 presently (2 black, 1 FDE) and looking into a 4th after I pay off the Christmas bills (probably by 2022 LOL).

The FDE is basically standard with just an actual Inforce light (FDE older model). Black #1 has a Silver Back short compensator (or a Bison AK style flash suppressor for the "Mando" look) and a RMR using the AAP-01 mount with co-witness sights and I switch back and forth between a new model Inforce Wild 2 light and my TLR1. Black#2 has the collapsible stock with a Matrix 1X Micro Reflex Mini Red Dot and I switch back and forth between a short suppressor (just a tad longer than the inner barrel) and a 8 inch version of the same suppressor. I'd like to find a TM Micro Suppressor but I've not located any for sale in the USA.

My problem is that these pistols are just too easy (and fun) to attach a constant influx of accessories and are out-shooting some of my other pistols that I've used for a long time.  I'm using .30 BB's as they match up with my bolt action scout/sniper rifle and I can still hit targets at a significant range.

Yep.

Some accessories are really expensive though.

Anyway, anyone has any experience with the cnc hop chamber?

I'm thinking of picking one up to test.

3 hours ago, Skara said:

Yep.

Some accessories are really expensive though.

Anyway, anyone has any experience with the cnc hop chamber?

I'm thinking of picking one up to test.

My mate Dayne has got the hop chamber, I was a bit gutted to see that to adjust the hop you still need to hinge / remove the slide. Dosn't really seem worth it. I don't think he's tested it much either.

Ordering a drum mag for my MTW soon, should fill a void while I'm waiting for a restock of tapp Glock drum mags.

21 hours ago, leadly said:

My mate Dayne has got the hop chamber, I was a bit gutted to see that to adjust the hop you still need to hinge / remove the slide. Dosn't really seem worth it. I don't think he's tested it much either.

Yep that is a downside.

Although it you think about it, you only need to set the hop once or twice throughout the year, or at least I do.

Thing is, I heard that the stock unit tends to lose its setting with usage, as of now I haven't noticed it, but I haven't put enough rounds through mine to notice anything yet :D

Let's talk optics for a brief second:

Looking at a small and lightweight sight for the SMG. The dot in my pictures is shit, as in the laser beam being reflected in your eye if you aren't 100% aligned.

Any relatively inexpensive suggestion? Not keen on dropping big money for an airsoft POS, nor drop big money for a RS sight that won't get used as much.

44 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I’m just going to leave this here

https://fb.watch/2pz_BjmAyp/

What the actual is that 😂

I’ve seen it all now. Let’s all  run around with our Beam Spray. I mean there are carbine kits and then there is this 😂

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

What the actual is that 😂

I’ve seen it all now. Let’s all  run around with our Beam Spray. I mean there are carbine kits and then there is this 😂

that is what happens when people buy a 3d printer.

"if all you have is a hammer every problem looks like a nail"

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.