The AAP-01 Owners Thread.

Cr0-Magnon
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone had an issues using WE Extended mags? I think I've managed to find a few so will grab them if they get the thumbs up!

3 hours ago, leadly said:

Anyone had an issues using WE Extended mags? I think I've managed to find a few so will grab them if they get the thumbs up!

They should work perfectly. Let us know though!

If standard WE mags fit, extended WE mags will fit as well.

Actually, on magazines, are the AW mags the same as WE? Because I've found some extended AWs for cheaper than WEs (€36 vs 50 a piece)

18 minutes ago, Skara said:

If standard WE mags fit, extended WE mags will fit as well.

Actually, on magazines, are the AW mags the same as WE? Because I've found some extended AWs for cheaper than WEs (€36 vs 50 a piece)

As long as they aren’t the AW or WE MOS Glock mags, they’ll fit. The MOS mags have different feed lips and a different gas router 

3 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

As long as they aren’t the AW or WE MOS Glock mags, they’ll fit. The MOS mags have different feed lips and a different gas router 

The fuck's MOS?

Just now, Skara said:

The fuck's MOS?

The new WE and AW Glocks have an MOS (Modular Optic System) cut in the slide, with a different design BBU, hence different feed lips and gas routers 

2 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

The new WE and AW Glocks have an MOS (Modular Optic System) cut in the slide, with a different design BBU, hence different feed lips and gas routers 

https://emperionstore.com/vx-50rd-gas-magazine-armorer-works.html

These mags. Not €36 but 40.

Still cheaper than WEs..

Are they MOS crap?

7 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Cant see the gas router, the red one in this pic is the new MOS gas router, then WE, then TM

85C89CE9-8588-459B-9006-FEC07A2A8C5B.jpeg

Can't see it either.

The description says compatible with TM and WE, but I wouldn't trust website descriptions tbf.

EDIT: quick look at the item code (AW-VXMG04) showed this

https://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/m317/Armorer-Works/p44319/Armorer-works-VX-series-GBB-50-rounds-gas-magazine/product_info.html

Looks like a regular WE router, but in red.

4 minutes ago, Skara said:

Can't see it either.

The description says compatible with TM and WE, but I wouldn't trust website descriptions tbf.

EDIT: quick look at the item code (AW-VXMG04) showed this

https://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/m317/Armorer-Works/p44319/Armorer-works-VX-series-GBB-50-rounds-gas-magazine/product_info.html

Looks like a regular WE router, but in red.

Good, and yes, AW gas routers are all red, should be OK then 👍🏻

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Good, and yes, AW gas routers are all red, should be OK then 👍🏻

Kewl, imma order one :D

Patrol base also have some 48 round extended mags by Vorsk for £35

Haven't really heard anything about them, Airsoft Mike "hoped they weren't Raven mags" and didn't seem that impressed with their standard Glock mag.

Aren't Vorsk/Raven/Nuprol/WE the same exact thing anyway?

24 minutes ago, Skara said:

Aren't Vorsk/Raven/Nuprol/WE the same exact thing anyway?

no, All the same design, as is AW, but Raven and Vorsk appear to use really nasty alloys that don’t last more than about six months max, and tolerances are a lot worse 

I've just been out in the garage to change the inner tube on my road bike, obviously couldn't not pick up a few pistols while I was in there. Stuck a couple of AAP-01 mags in my pockets to warm them up a bit while I sorted the tube.

One mag on semi then the other burst rounds on full auto down the garden into the designated "BB bush"!

God this gun puts a smile on my face!

I'll get one of these WE mags ordered and let you guys know how it performs. Might have to ask Santa for the folding stock.....but I'll probably not be able to wait that long!!

AW mag is here, will test tonight if possible, if not, I'll test on saturday.

I've ordered 2 X WE Extended mags from my mates shop (www.UKFOB.co.uk). Should get them this week.

A work mates Mrs is 3D printing me a supressor. Don't quite know how it'll turn out but it's only costing me a 20p coffee out of the vending machine!

If we're able to play in December, I might be HPA tapping the extended mags and borrowing a friend's rig to become and aggressive bush man!!

Woop woop, handed this today!

Had a few flyers when testing but nothing a bit of sanding won't fix! It's made a bit of a difference to the noise, I know there isn't much you can do with a GBB but still!

Can't grumble for 20p!

Time to break out the camo pens!

IMG_20201106_131420.jpg

I got mine yesterday and tried it out. Performance for me with green gas was... a little lackluster? I felt like my hop was being reduced over time, sometimes I'd put a fresh mag in and start shooting and I'd have 0 hop applied for 5 bb's, then too much hop for 10 more, then flat for the rest of the magazine. I also had extreme freezing (not using full auto either), where the bolt was frozen over and jamming up. I swapped to red gas for the rest of the night and didn't see as much freezing, but I wonder if since the bolt was freezing over, the bucking was also experiencing some cooldown, causing the inconsistent hop? 

Either way, I've swapped to one of a spare 60 degree Decepticon. I initially put the i-key in too but there was a crazy amount of hop applied so I took it out. The hop arm doesnt seem to flex like the TM glock ones too so I'm pretty hopeful that this will work better.

Managed to find one. Haven’t shot it yet but man it looks good.

I have the thumbs too, charging handle and mag well on order as well as the folding stock.

I have a tracer for it and just need to pick up some extended mags. 
cannot wait to use it in a game. Shame I may have to wait so flipping long now

• 2 weeks later...

WE Extended mags collected at the weekend and tested them last night. Fed flawlessly.

Next on the list is a H plate, Autobot rubber.......and the folding stock.

I've ended up working 5 days of my 7 off (damn new trains) so with all that overtime I'm eying up a HPA set up!

Bloody hell! I saw a YT video by Kicking Mustang using a HPA Version of this pistol. It was bonkers. He used it against non hit takers though 😂

This may well be my first non Marui RIF purchase. Whenever they come back into stock that is.....

SSSSHHHHH, dont let people know you like something Mustang has used or you'll get banned from your favourite site!

He's partly why i want to HPA this gun. Being a sniper is the other reason i want to HPA it as I rely on my pistols perhaps a bit more than others without an M.E.D. My pistols lacked the range in the colder weather last time i played!

Another reason for HPA is wanting to get a Wolverine MTW next year. But ive gotta get some saving done first!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.