I want an AK74, but which one should I get?

Pinko
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking in to buying an AK74 AEG, but I feel a little overwhelmed by all of the brands and models available out there. I would be willing to spend £250, give or take £50. Any advice as to which brand is best? ICS? CA? Etc.

• Supporters

If you want something that'll go straight out the box, 100% of the time, go TM.

If you want overall better external and internal quality, with small odds of getting a lemon internally, go ICS.

If you want slightly worse externals, but better odds of average internals, CA

If you want a project gun, CYMA

Can you push up a bit more?

The real sword ak's are simply the best, they are outstanding

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog...Sword_AK_s.html

Yeah, I'd be willing to go up to £330ish just. What makes the Real Sword AK's better? Is Real Sword the name of the company that makes them? And are there available extras such as attachable sights and stuff for this model? Also, it says the FPS varies from 340 - 370, so would I need a new spring or something fitted? (The airsoft site I play at has an upper FPS limit of 350 for AEGs.) Sorry, so many questions! :)

If you want something that'll go straight out the box, 100% of the time, go TM.

If you want overall better external and internal quality, with small odds of getting a lemon internally, go ICS.

If you want slightly worse externals, but better odds of average internals, CA

If you want a project gun, CYMA

I'd prefer an AEG that kicks ass straight out of the box, but I've got a TM FAMAS (old school, I know) and tbh, I don't really like it. The FPS is only 250, although the hop-up is pretty damn sweet.

• Supporters

If you can stretch to the money, RealSword will kick ass out the box, no disputing that!

I'm not too familiar with RS, but I'm pretty sure that you could get a scope mount fitted to the body, or buy one that bolts on under the receiver - don't know whether they take standard grips or not, but if they do, you could always swap the grips out for RIS...Maybe a little more expensive than something that comes with RIS as standard, but to be honest, with an AK, it's just better to stick stuff on with gaffa tape :D

If you can stretch to the money, RealSword will kick ass out the box, no disputing that!

I'm not too familiar with RS, but I'm pretty sure that you could get a scope mount fitted to the body, or buy one that bolts on under the receiver - don't know whether they take standard grips or not, but if they do, you could always swap the grips out for RIS...Maybe a little more expensive than something that comes with RIS as standard, but to be honest, with an AK, it's just better to stick stuff on with gaffa tape :D

Haha! Too right mate! :D Really like the look of the Real Sword Type 56-2, it's got 340-370 FPS... will I need a new spring fitting do'ya think?

• Supporters

Since it varies between 340 and 370, it's hard to say; your best bet would be to ask if Landwarrior could chrono a couple they have and send you on firing below 350; or at least tell you what yours will be firing, you can then establish whether you need to downgrade it before it even arrives and make arrangements for that (whether getting parts to do it yourself or figuring out who to get to do it for you).

If you have the money go real sword (manufacturer) as they are the closest thing to getting a real steel version of an AK. Guns are great out the box, and are very high quality items in terms of body and wood as well as the internals.

If you fancy something cheaper and some extras then go Cyma. Cyma AK's are also some of the best around, especially the newer ones. Have a look here for reviews. Anything from the cm040 models onwards are good guns, though may be a tad hot to play with (about 400fps out the box)

http://www.airsoftgi.com/index.php?cPath=1...a&PLsort=7d

Cheers for the advice guys, really appreciated. Think I might go with the RS Type 56-2. Not really that fussed about extras tbh, from my experience as an AEG player (limited though it may be) scopes arn't really a necessity.. unless you're using a DMR or sniper rifle I'm guessing. Feel free to dispute this though! I'm certainly not an expert. :)

• Supporters
If you have the money go real sword (manufacturer) as they are the closest thing to getting a real steel version of an AK. Guns are great out the box, and are very high quality items in terms of body and wood as well as the internals.

Well, I wouldn't say closest- more like third clostest behind the inokatsu and LCT, but theyre ridiculously expensive :P

But if you just hold one, you know its special, it feels solid- like a rock and has the same rattles as a real steel one

I would go as far as saying they are the one of (if not the) best gun under £350

I would go as far as saying they are the one of (if not the) best gun under £350

Sold. :D I'm presuming you're talking about the Type 56-2 variant here?

Archived