ASG B&T USW Pistol (CO2)

AlphaBear

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

8 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Price has just been announced £179.99! Blimey a tad high? 

Cheaper than a lot of equivalent machine pistol/SMGs on the market. I mean compare that to ~£300 for the PP2000

I don’t really use pistols so don’t have anything to compare. Although the video footage does look incredible and I may be tempted. But will it fit in a holster or is it a dangler like a smg? 

• Supporters

I like it in principle, but I'd like it more if the front-end was beefed up a bit more, bit more SMG than pistol......

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the 3d printers here get busy on it ?

@AK47frizzle 🤔

I'll certainly be intrigued to see what folks with zero affiliation make of it, I guess I'm just a bit confused as to what exactly it's bringing to the table other than 'being a bit different' and a folding stock.

I also hate that I will never be able to unsee the Shutterstock watermark on the Anvil intro graphic... you're welcome.

Just now, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

And what's wrong with that?

I probably should have qualified that last remark, it was in reference to the price. I absolutely appreciate what @PopRocket123said in regard to the price versus RIFs in the same wheelhouse... for me personally this is just lacking in the feature department to justify the price.

6 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

I probably should have qualified that last remark, it was in reference to the price. I absolutely appreciate what @PopRocket123said in regard to the price versus RIFs in the same wheelhouse... for me personally this is just lacking in the feature department to justify the price.

Fair play, though I doubt you'll be able to find one with a suppressor, RMR, folding stock etc. for lower - although I'm not too sure if those accessories come as standard, but I'm assuming they do for now.

Also as Alpha says, R&D can justify a higher price tag to an extent; this isn't just another clone

11 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Fair play, though I doubt you'll be able to find one with a suppressor, RMR, folding stock etc. for lower - although I'm not too sure if those accessories come as standard, but I'm assuming they do for now.

Also as Alpha says, R&D can justify a higher price tag to an extent; this isn't just another clone

According to the LWA listing it doesn't come with any of the accessories, I agree if it had done it'd be a decently priced little package.

And of course the R&D and set up costs of coming to the market with something new tend to assume a higher price. But as with anything to do with cost it'll always be subjective. I hope anyone that picks one up absolutely loves it, especially those that have been waiting on a USW replica. Seeing new replicas is a great thing and I hope it does well.

I just noticed something interesting - It uses CZ mags...

Compatible with CZSP01/CZ75/Shadow 2...
Does that mean it's just a CZ in B&T clothing?
If it is, that's an awful lot of dosh just for a stock, given the CZSP01 is normally around the £110 ish mark.
However, that being side, I still like it, cos I like the real one - and I'm a sucker for all things B&T.

I wanted it when they showcased it last year but now Action Army AAP-01 exists and well... it speaks to me more.

• Supporters
On 15/09/2020 at 20:57, alxndrhll said:

I guess I'm just a bit confused as to what exactly it's bringing to the table other than 'being a bit different' and a folding stock.

i dunno, for range work a shoulder stock would be very handy, especially for getting onto a red dot before the other guy shoots you.

and nowt wrong with being a bit different as long as it has fieldable performance.

I’m just flabbergasted it has that sort of range. I mean some AEGs can’t shoot that far!

Stick in a longer barrel with a tight bore which goes to the end of the suppressor and you have a decent bit of kit there i hazard to guess. 

On 20/09/2020 at 00:37, AlphaBear said:

I’m just flabbergasted it has that sort of range. I mean some AEGs can’t shoot that far!

Stick in a longer barrel with a tight bore which goes to the end of the suppressor and you have a decent bit of kit there i hazard to guess. 

Most aegs can shoot 60-70m with a maple leaf hop on 350 fps, costing like... £8? 

• 2 months later...
On 15/09/2020 at 18:40, AlphaBear said:

Price has just been announced £179.99! Blimey a tad high? 

Currently £149.99 on Patrol Base!

On 19/09/2020 at 18:53, Pappa Large said:

Will look nice paired up with my APC9.

Yes it would!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.